Experts and academics are proposing to Abadi detailed plan for economic reform Part2
Experts and academics are proposing to Abadi, a detailed plan for economic reform (2 2)
A number of experts and academics Iraqis detailed memorandum to the Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi for the reform of the economic situation in the country, confirmed that it had prepared in consultation with a number of senior economists and technicians Iraq in order to lift the national economy of the rentier trap heavy reliance on the oil sector in the financing of the state budget and overall economic activity. Experts and students, according to the memorandum, which took over the "long" a copy of which redirect State Activity and the private sector to stimulate the housing sector urban growth, education, health and development on an urgent basis, as well as emphasis on reconstruction and rehabilitation of the liberated areas of Daash in order to resettle the displaced there, also included proposals to develop the sector Agricultural and address water scarcity depending on drip irrigation techniques, calling to activate the Iraqi diplomatic role in maintaining the water rights of Iraq.
The experts made proposals included three sections, the first activation of the non-oil sector can stimulate the production and generating productive jobs in promising sectors with low need for the foreign sector, import, and the second included the oil and gas sector, which they said was injury international ban a lot of degradation, while ensuring Part III demands and proposals other detailed addressed to the government. Experts stressed that the reform of government departments, development and the fight against corruption are essential conditions for economic advancement and success of future proposals, policies and strategies listed in the note.
(Part III): the demands and other detailed proposals addressed to the Government
Government demand the following:
The Council of Ministers and the House of Representatives
The removal of the most important institutions of the economy and money from quotas like the Central Bank and Ministry of Finance and Planning Ministries of agriculture, industry, water resources, electricity, Aykalha to experienced and professional specialty fair figures.
The Ministry of Finance in cooperation with the Central Bank in the fiscal and monetary policies:
(1) a serious fiscal and monetary policies, including the review of the exchange rate policy by hawkish relationship with the goal of maintaining cash reserves from further deterioration to be done in the short-term and urgent in order to reduce costs drained. We call for the fight against Almdharbati demand for the dollar and corruption and to tighten controls on speculators and activation of deterrent penalties on the use of foreign currency for the purposes of money laundering.
(2) warn of the rapid deterioration of the reserves of foreign central bank and the Development Fund for Iraq, and we demand to address its effects through serious and quick decisions to achieve some diversification in state revenues with the deduction rate of 3 percent per year from oil revenues to create a national fund for financial stability is another tool to keep the financial situation It is less volatile.
(3) approval of the central bank to change the foreign exchange banks for the purposes of foreign trade mechanism in order based on the letters of credit Letters of Credit regarding the imports of goods and trade in general goods. As for foreign transfers required for imports of services for the purposes of foreign exchange to individuals (travel, tourism, telemedicine, education abroad, retired resident transfers outside the country, remittances sale Iraqis to their property within Iraq, individual transfers for private purposes, etc ....) will be possible to estimate the total volume quarterly and annually by the Central Bank to issue regular instructions about its mechanisms to commercial banks and money transfer companies.
The Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Planning to achieve strict control public spending and enhance the efficiency of his administration, including will ensure accuracy in estimating the costs of operating and investment expenses and programming spending in order to Akunan not necessarily linked to the volatility of oil revenues.
Ministry of Finance:
(1) by binding fiscal rules by setting a ceiling reasonable and decreasing through time to the inability of the financial budget planned to GDP, and scalable expansion in public spending and reduce government employment gradually with the reduction of disguised unemployment and activation of getting rid of the financial burden for the existence of "aliens measures" between staff and military circles.
(2) the achievement of social justice within the civil service and in the pension rights by reducing the large differences between the salaries and allowances with a review of pension laws to prevent waste of public money enormous salaries and unjustified at all (for a poor country and late, such as Iraq) earmarked for retirement and privileges of politicians did not serve in the state, but short periods Some of them work in the House of Representatives and former presidents and former presidents of the House of Representatives and the ministers, and others.
(3) the Ministry of Finance to address the problems of border crossing points, especially corruption and the slow pace and control and quality control with the cooperation with experienced international institutions, including UNCTAD, in the automation of customs work electronically.
(4) by emphasizing the necessity of activating the revenue collection in various ministries and state institutions, and to reduce waste and orientation consumer and to the strengthening of the trend towards production and towards production and service projects designed according to the principle of cost / benefit with the training of national technical personnel on the methods of economic and engineering evaluation of projects in different sectors.
(5) reduction of privileges and allowances and additional especially the ones that you get the provincial councils, also call for linking wages and incentives and privileges productivity and excellence systems and also Bmhak work and its necessity versus non-desirability to use it, especially in environment-related urban and cleaning sectors.
(6) reduction of the trend towards government employment to solve the problems of unemployment, and to consider a government job privilege is difficult being awarded and linked to the principles of the need for Labour and Social its cost and the honor of the profession and the job performance and productivity, and activate the demobilization of a government job to the wrong people, especially in the Administrative Supreme sites decisions if it proved to be the efficiency of its employees and the lack of maturity when some of them for the job in question.
(7) We demand Baltfiel progressive law of customs tariff, the choice of a range of goods that can lead to the existence of alternatives to domestic production of her (via compensation imports), whether in agriculture or industry, as well as taxing high Kmarkip harmful to consumer health and luxury ones too.
(8) the strengthening of the trend towards fiscal decentralization, and particularly the collection of local non-oil revenues in the provinces is belonging to the province with the strengthening of the role and effectiveness of the financial watchdog Fed to monitor and audit the performance of various institutions as well as the work and management of provincial councils in the financial aspect and includes scrutiny of the Kurdistan region expenses.
(9) to activate the tax systems and forms of fees and wages of different services, and make them gradually increasing real basic alternatives to oil revenues regardless of the prospects for the return of oil prices to rise. And we will favor a focus on the general principles for the adoption of taxes such as justice, flexibility and efficiency, which is the ability to tax collection not to mention its role in the redistribution of income and wealth as well as financial targets for taxes. We stress here on the principle of progressive large income and capital gains taxes, which also should profit resulting from the financial currency speculation in order to limit the negative effects of targeting.
(10) adjusts the management of public finances to be guided by the recommendations and principles adopted internationally regarding disclosure and transparency and the preparation of final accounts and estimation methods, tenders and contracts and adjust the deficit, and strive hard to shift from budget items about balancing performance as developmental. We demand here also to prevent the financing of the current budgets of foreign loans which interest rates per cent more than the 6 per year as is the case of international bonds that finance minister sought to promote an interest rate in excess of 10 percent annually.
(11) Ministry of Finance and accelerating the application of a uniform electronic financial system of all revenues and expenditures of the state.
Ministry of Communications:
We recommend to break the monopoly of the telecommunications decisions and expand the number of private companies working in this field in order to promote competition and lower prices.
Ministry of Commerce:
(1) reducing the size and role of the Ministry of Commerce and the massive recruitment where the actor and the reduction of its current role in the import, especially in the auto trade. And expect to move Padres how Tazyszkvaeh ration card file with the presence of a broad movement for the displaced justify the introduction of an exceptional and temporary measures for the effective role of the Ministry of Displacement and Migration in the distribution of the ration card receivables in the new residence areas with reduced allocations ration to the provinces which they were displaced.
(2) interest materials ration card will enable production nationally with confirmation from the Ministry of Finance to buy national priority agricultural commodities instead of import where economically feasible.
The Ministry of Industry:
(1) reducing the role of the ministry of industry in production strengthened with the establishment of industrial cities and in support of industrial policies relating to technology transfer and research and development. One of the areas that favor the emphasis here is to support pioneering projects in the development of software and electronic systems Systems and software business.
(2) direction to the stalled privatization of companies for production only, with emphasis on evaluation of its capital assets equitably, especially items which assess the true values of the territory in the market and in the asset side. We emphasize the limited privatization on those public companies that ceased to exist assets of machinery, tools during the past ten years.
(3) When deciding to privatize any public company stopped production for more than a year, it would have to be the Ministry of Finance to find a fair and more efficient mechanisms to ensure that workers and staff and technicians them rights in particular, including taking them to projects and facilities may need some of them Services and the assignment of the elderly to retire.
(4) the formation of a specialized technical committees and high level of expertise to evaluate the work and productivity problems in general industrial projects and other working in order to suggest ways to enhance the effectiveness of industrial departments in which to work on a commercial basis and the loss and to propose sufficient to stimulate increases in production and productivity measures and to raise the exploitation of production capacities available in the purpose of profit rates standards stimulate their competitiveness with alternative imports to produce them.
(5) In light of the current mass unemployment, we call on the government of the need to make critical decisions through government banks, and with the support of the Ministry of Finance, to exempt dead debt to a number of important industrial enterprises and non-performing and non-stalled production, which accumulated over previous years, in order to give serious opportunities her to continue productive work within the state sector.
(6) before making a government decision to privatize any industrial project, and pursuant to the principle of transparency and disclosure, we call on the government to publish all the studies and reports prepared since 2003 for the industry and the industries of the public sector and other in order to enlighten the public professional opinion about the problems and the prospects and constraints of work there.
(7) an effective policy to Ajtlab administrative efficiencies and foreign capital (direct) and specialized technology in some sub-sectors of the manufacturing industry and that Iraq has a comparative advantage or absolute Kalptrrukemaoyat, fertilizer and pharmaceutical industries while encouraging direct private and national investment to participate with the head of direct foreign capital in order to technical knowledge transfer and administrative and marketing not to mention advanced technologies.
We recommend legislation of economic laws, and to activate the laws in force as a law of customs tariff, and the Consumer Protection Act and the law of retired workers in the private sector, and the Social Security Act, and the law of the distribution of federal financial resources towards the escalation of annual significantly the percentages for the distribution of the financial budget revenues towards investment allocations and operational spending account.
The Ministry of Planning and the various ministries and departments of the provinces:
(1) to reconsider ways calculated the cost of projects within the investment budget, leading to reduced and they do not exceed the known global proportions, taking into consideration the risks and cost of the difficult security conditions in some areas.
The Ministry of Electricity and the Office of Audit and financial specialists Iraqi high-ranking:
(1) prepare a thorough and urgent report carried out by a number of high-ranking Iraqi specialists for the electricity sector problems, despite the massive spending by the publication of the report and referred to pursuant to the principle of transparency and specific responsibilities for negligence, corruption and others.
(2) The report referred to diagnose timely and urgent solutions to the problems of production and generation, maintenance, administration and tax collection and government pricing in the electricity sector and the potential reduction of private generators in residential neighborhoods to reduce the environmental pollution caused by the operation there ..
Ministry of Agriculture and Ministry of Water Resources and Agricultural Initiative:
(1) seeking a serious effort to lift and enhance the efficiency of water use in irrigation by encouraging the use of drip irrigation.
(2) to give high priority to revive the province of Basra economy by solving the problems of salinization of waters, whether for drinking or in irrigated agriculture and cross-connect hard, and at the highest political and religious levels, with neighboring Iran, which connects Iraq by good relations, to solve the problems arising from the sweet water contained pieces to the Shatt al-Arab, which cause great damage to the overlapping water entering the sea.
(3) seeking a serious effort with neighboring Turkey to stop diverting water across the Tigris Ilisu dam project, which will expire in two years, or nearly, if necessary resorting to international justice for the conservation of water rights in the waters of the Tigris and its tributaries.
Council of Ministers and the Ministry of Water Resources in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
(1) the need to make the issue of the flow of the Tigris and its tributaries towards Iraq first priority in relations with Turkey and Iran, and give it the attention it deserves in foreign relations generally through barter situation there from Iraq fresh water in exchange for allowing seamlessly trade relations and contracting Entrepreneurial with the two neighboring countries.
(2) seeking seeking serious, and in cooperation with the Syrian government and political circles interested in the liberalization of Anbar, to accelerate Loosen the grip Daash over the waters of the Euphrates, the fist which are strategically threat seriously of agriculture on the banks of the river and its branches, especially in the provinces of the Middle Euphrates and the south, including the marshlands.
The Ministry of Planning in cooperation with the various stakeholders:
(1) certainly in the government's policies and procedures on the need to promote the immediate urban environment of the capital and the cities and towns of Iraq to rid it of the environment and pollution problems and the accumulation of waste and the spread of slums and the disruption of electricity and water and poor public services in the transport, health and education.
(2) following the recent grounding in government procurement, procurement and assignment procedures, based on the principles of reducing costs and guided by international comparisons.
(3) to strengthen the technical capacity of the Ministry to follow up the implementation of projects in time and monitor any increases in costs and delay in the implementation, and will require follow-up electronic automation systems if not accomplishing.
Council of Ministers and the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Higher Education and the Office of Financial Supervision:
(1) review the performance of the Ministry of Education and projects in the construction of modern schools since 2003, and that instead of the old school that this review include the implementation of the school projects compared to spending it and that the results of these reviews are published on public opinion. We propose the Office of Financial Supervision in this review.
(2) using part of the surplus labor is disguised unemployment in state institutions to support literacy programs after rehabilitation also call for the transfer of decision-making redundant of existing institutions to erase illiteracy institutions where needed.
(3) to support the development of education programs of the different stages of it, whether primary education or higher with emphasis on the need to expand the scientific and professional Baltahlmyn.
(4) a review of the curriculum towards strengthening the teaching of science and mathematics live and languages globally and scientific thinking instead of conservation and indoctrination on the one hand and across the curriculum promotes moral values of good in the community of sincerity, honesty and respect for the law and tolerance and the rejection of ethnic sentiments, racism, sectarianism and that of the other side.
(5) review of university education and programs for the production of high qualities, especially in the technology and information technology, engineering, science, mathematics, medicine, pharmacy, biology and agriculture fields educational outcomes with reduced-bound student ratios towards branches arts and humanities with the exception of statistics, accounting and economics and project management. We emphasize here the crucial importance of the education sector to produce competent departments of projects Without them will remain public administrations and private low efficiency and competitiveness within an open economy to the outside world and on the import of goods and services.
(6) to conduct a radical review of the trends of education in universities, colleges and institutes towards strengthening the role of vocational and practical education for the purpose of formation technically qualified staff to participate the process of the reconstruction of Iraq.
(7) is certainly on the implementation of effective programs to combat poverty and employment in order to reduce illiteracy phenomena caused by children and young people from schools leakage and take advantage of the successful Brazilian experience in the fight against school drop across the fight against poverty.
(8) the promotion of school and academic adjustment capabilities by carrying out educational campaigns and effective procedures focused and effective to restore the prestige of education and teacher.
Ministry of Health and the Office of Financial Supervision:
(1) review the performance of the Ministry of Health in the extent provided for health services and the effectiveness of the spending over the past ten years that the Office of Financial Supervision published a report on this subject in one of the most important state services to the community.
(2) the provision of effective protection of medical staff against attacks and abuses of a tribal nature, which got or may get in the future in cases of unintentional death.
General demands of the Council of Ministers:
(1) conduct a transparent review of the policies of the distribution of state lands on the staff and senior officials both in the capital or in the provinces and the diagnosis criteria used for the distribution of these lands and their applicability to the criteria for the use of those lands for the public benefit is not private.
(2) give great importance to the programs of reconstruction of the armed war and conflict zones in order to speed up the resettlement of displaced persons in their places of origin after the liberation and the purpose of providing lucrative opportunities for the operation and use there in these programs with seeking to make use of the international community for funding and implementation of some of them.
(3) pursuant to the principle of transparency, the government call for the deployment of any existing reports to them on how to use them was devoted to the care of displaced and displaced funds since June 2014.
(4) the development of effective programs for the care and rehabilitation of victims of terrorism and their families as well as families of the martyrs who have volunteered to defend the homeland against attack Aldaashah. It is the latter are orphans, widows and disabled care programs and to ensure the children's education and the provision of adequate funding, as well as the preparation of training programs for women to do their own and income-generating projects through a marked support for voluntary associations and government institutions that provide training and rehabilitation for the disabled.
(5) to give the biggest problems for agricultural production and urban environmental pollution by mines attention.
(6) should pay to clean drinking water provide great importance in the scale of the investment priorities of the state and the provinces, and follow up the implementation of its projects accurately.
(7) Council to re-establish the service as an independent body to review the proposals of government employment in the future and make it also responsible for reviewing the foundations of the employment in the past year to make informed reform measures in the state apparatus.