WELCOME TO BGG ROUNDTABLE AT DINARUPDATES.COM

BGG: Welcome to our Round Table Chat @ DinarUpdates.com
BGG: and thanks again everyone...

BGG: First report - regional politics.
BGG: this complicates the Turkish desire to bomb the Northern Syrian Kurds...
BGG: Our Spec Ops being there will make it more difficult for Turkey to "settle old scores" under the cloak of war...
BGG: that is my only comment there..

BGG: House of Representatives vote on the anti-money laundering and the financing of terrorism law

BGG: Voice of the House of Representatives the usual twenty-third in its session held under the chairmanship of Sheikh Hamoudi, First Deputy Chairman of the Board and in the presence of 192 deputy on Wednesday 16/9/2015, to combat money laundering and terrorism financing law.

BGG: ...The Council voted on a draft anti-money laundering law and the financing of terrorism and provided financial integrity, security, defense and legal committees aimed at curbing money laundering and the financing of terrorism, which has become aggravated in the present era to a large extent and the acceleration of technological development in the banking and funds work, which allowed diversity in the methods of financial fraud and what caused it of harmful effects on the economy, society and the face of criminal activities and combat tactics emerging and reduction and the need for the establishment of the Council and the Office to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism exercises relevant to combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism and the report of sanctions for the perpetrators of these crimes tasks. Mr. First Deputy President of the Council and thanked the ladies and gentlemen of Representatives and the committees concerned to finalize the law...

BGG: Which all means it's probably done now...
BGG: so the Oct 1st - hard deadline from the WB/IMF is met...
BGG: what that fully means for Iraq?? We wait and see...
BGG: something - for sure...

BGG:
...On the other hand, Sheikh Hamoudi that the Investment Authority and some blocks and 30 deputies asked to postpone the vote on the draft second amendment bill to the Investment Law No. 13 of 2006 of the sensitivity of the issue of investment and its importance, calling the ladies and gentlemen of Representatives to submit their comments to the Committee on before the vote on the law after the Eid al-Adha ...

BGG: However, they have put off the Investment Law... (I kind of doubt this delay holds though)...
BGG: and...
BGG: it's not REQUIRED - but it would look better for Abadi... which - the internal politics being - it could be they are putting this off until Abadi shows up.

BGG: It was reported that Abadi would be there - and then he didn't show up (twice). Their feelings are a little hurt... he should go.
BGG: I just wouldn't tell anyone ahead of time, so they don't have time to plan... (an assassination - or other monkey business...)

GrannieAnnie: Thu Sep 24 2015 Eid-al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice) National holiday

BGG: (Thanks for that GannieAnnie)

BGG: Reform is delayed infallible cancel his deputies positions "blocking" of the reforms and the law affirms: we need a constitutional procedures

BGG: Counting reform led by Ibrahim al-Jaafari stream, Wednesday, that the President of the Republic Fuad Masum delayed the abolition of positions of his deputies, constitutes a "blocking" of the reforms, calling on Parliament to prepare to fight "the coming battle against corruption" after the completion of the organization (Daash), and as he emphasized the coalition of state law , that the abolition of those positions requires a constitutional procedures, denying the existence of any "delay or procrastination" on them, as some believe...

BGG: ...He said al-Kaabi, that "the House vote on the government reforms package, is evidence of cooperation representatives of the people with the citizen to give a wider prime space, Haider al-Abadi, to be implemented", calling for the need "Cooperation between the political blocs and the relevant departments to ensure the application of these reforms."...

BGG:
...The Al-Kaabi, that "the abolition of the posts of Vice President of the Republic project is still stalled at the President of the Republic, so it is who bears the delay and not the government," pointing out that "Parliament should be preparing for a new battle against corruption, after the elimination of Daash"...

BGG: What this all really means is -
BGG: they were saying that Fuad Massoum not signing off on the removal of the VP's amounted to a "stalling" of the reforms...
BGG: My take - he doesn't want to sign off on a short cut.
BGG: and
BGG: he pointed out they needed some measure of more firm constitutional measures.
BGG: which they (the CoM) responded to and sent a law regarding the removal of the VP's to Parliament yesterday...
BGG: could be that Massoum foresee's another Maliki win at the SJC challenge level if they did it that way...
BGG: it's one thing for a bunch of folks to get together - hold their hands up and all agree they need to get something done...
BGG: it's another to pass a binding law...
BGG: and that is the difference here. There was no funcitonal delay on the Kurds part - Fuad just wanted them to pass a law that would stand (or so it appears)...

Pablo: You said the Oct 1 deadline was met, but wouldn't the WB's demands include having Maliki arrested and delt with completely?

BGG: Lemme guess - date and rate - right??

Pablo: Nope, unless you have it.

BGG Pablo: no - the WB/IMF only asked for this law - as I recall...
BGG Pablo: and this level of response shows (for whatever reason - that we don't see) their urgency to comply...
BGG Pablo: the fact that this appears pointed directly at Maliki and his crew is purely my opinion... which, as of today - it appears they are moving on his gang...

Pablo: Wouldn't they need to pass the National Guard law to eliminate his private army to get him?

BGG Pablo: they arrested one of the thugs in charge of planning "acts" by these militias just today... (maybe a couple of them)... IMHO - as soon as a legit vote is taken to remove the VP's (essentially stripping them of immunity) they will move against Maliki directly...
BGG Pablo: for now - they move on various members of his organization...
BGG Pablo: that may be later - without him in the way - the NG Law will go right thru...

diane1: so is MALIKI and his cronies gone or is he still hanging around. (I think we can all use a date and rate but no one knows that if the WB and IMF got what they needed before Oct 1 what is holding up the rate change.? Will Maliki ever go away?

BGG diane1: Maliki is not gone (yet) - he is struggling to remain... The WB and IMF (as I understand it) got their deadline met... which further opens the door for MR.

diane1: does Maliki need to be totally gone before they can do MR

BGG diane1: on a related note - the auction for the day goes one step further than yesterday - same $$ amount - spread out over 42 VARIOUS MONETARY OUTLETS!! WOW!!
BGG diane1: so it would appear the beginning stages of Abadi's reforms are starting to take hold...

satrib BGG: the passing of the AML fries Maliki for good right? All that's left is to serve him up on a platter? you may have just answered this

BGG satrib: Not exactly - not yet... but it puts everyone on notice immediately - they are putting an end to the currency schemes Maliki bunch have been up to for years...
BGG satrib: and...
BGG satrib: as soon as this Law of the removal of the VP's gets thru - IMHO - then he's toast.

satrib BGG: I swear, the day he goes down I will dance in the street

BGG satrib: of course, there is some challenge by Maliki to his pal Mahmoud - but from the looks of it today - he's got some kind of committee/investigation all over him today as well.
BGG satrib: meaning - there will be a challenge...

.VIP.clay BGG: so did the money laundering law pass today?

BGG .VIP.clay: It would appear so - yes...

.VIP.clay BGG: wow ty

Pablo: Any more news on what happened with the CBI raid?

BGG Pablo: No - not that I can tell...
BGG Pablo: but most importantly - there was the big disclosure document that came out right after the raid - hard to explain where that came from...
BGG Pablo: I think it was on yesterdays BLOG - or the day before...

BGG: and if I haven't mentioned as much - if you don't hit THE BLOG at least twice a day (and support our vendors) you are MISSING OUT. I only put the two-three or four BIGGEST articles of the day on there (and a few comments).
BGG: http://www.dinarupdates.com/blog/

jackflash101st: any news on alak?

BGG jackflash101st: Nope - but funny how it was THE CBI thanking Parliament for the AML Law - not ALAK??
BGG jackflash101st: it was the body as a whole - in a generic sense..

CanTWaitwoRV: now it makes more sense on the internet shutdown...left all the corruption and Isis in dissaray/confusion including Maliki, CBI,Alak I'm thinkin...Militaryops/special ops would never reveal anything til afterwards even if that but now we got the aml/anti money laundering laws in place...all very interesting timing...jmo tho

BGG CanTWaitwoRV: Good commentary... very possible...

CanTWaitwoRV: I'm surprised DOD even said it but leads me back to thought that they're just in Syria

diane1: do you know when they will be implementing the Tariffs again so that they will finally see some revenue? The bonds that they plan to do soon do they require a rate change? or is it because the bond being sold in EuroS

BGG diane1: I do not - but like I have said - tariffs without value is bad. They have pulled off EVERY TIME.
BGG diane1: Bonds don't guarantee a value...
BGG diane1: different issue - good, but different...

diane1: I AGREE CAN NOT ASK POOR PEOPLE TO PAY MORE OF WHAT THEY DO NOT HAVE

quicktolegit96: YOU THINK CBI WANTS ALAK GONE? LOL

BGG quicktolegit96: many of the "common sense" CBI staffers are gone - might still be in jail... hard to say "what they want"...

quicktolegit96: TY

================

BGG: well several really...

BGG: Cabinet approves bill to cancel the posts of Vice-President of the Republic Act

BGG: this IS THE BIGGIE now... it's the one that will cut the legs right out from under Maliki...
BGG: he's got to be a little worried.

BGG: Parliament postpones vote on the second amendment to the investment law
BGG: this one is very curious - note the date - AFTER the 24th... this may come up later

BGG: and the last thing (which was PART OF THE MEASURE PUT FORTH BY THE CoM the other day) they withdrew a bunch of Laws put forth by the Maliki government and CoM... remember the Law of removing the VP's was accompanied by the request to withdraw all previous legislation (aka - house cleaning)...

BGG: this was in the minutes of the meeting...

BGG: got overshadowed by all the other good news...

mfree05: Do you this this VP removal bill could face a stall in the parliament, after all, it was only 16 to 8 vote or something like that in the COM?

BGG mfree05: I don't think so...
BGG mfree05: keep in mind, the last time there was a referendum on Maliki - it was a landslide - and according to many astute ME commenters the one thing that could overcome the various "parties" hurt feelings over losing a position - is their "universal hatred" of Maliki...

.MOD.subgirl: what is the 24th that you are referring too? [2:16 PM] BGG: this one is very curious - note the date - AFTER the 24th... this may come up later

BGG .MOD.subgirl: I did not say.

jonhenry: Wasn't the date on the investment law 2006 and may have something to do with the postponement to make updates to the previous administration law

BGG jonhenry: No - it was referred to as "the 2nd ammendment" to this 2006 Law - which may be when it was originally introduced - but I think the "2nd ammendment" translation refers to the 2nd reading when the make ammendments to it... then the 3rd reading and then the vote - which it appears they did both for the AML Law in one sitting.

jonhenry: thanks much

BGG: Ok gang - Thanks so much for tuning in - BIG NEWS DAY so far...
BGG: that's it for me.

THE BLOG - Dinar Daily NEWS Blog - http://www.dinarupdates.com/blog/
THE OBSERVER - http://dinarupdates.com/observer/