WELCOME TO BGG NEWSTIME AT DINARUPDATES.COM

BGG: It is - Thanks everyone for tuning in @ DinarUpdates.com for News Time

BGG: ( I have several critical articles to cover as well)

jtank: bonds being sold in euro money instead of dinar?

BGG: curious - aren't these the international bonds??

jtank: yes

BGG: I'm saying - it is curious...

jtank: skating laws

BGG: looks like a "last minute" change for sure...
BGG: and I'm sure it has to do with making sure there would enough interest.
BGG: which is IMHO only.

Nadita: did you hear that investment law is ready for approval..? any ink on it..?

BGG Nadita: there were several articles on it - one as recent as yesterday's BLOG post - third article down.
BGG Nadita: here's what's interesting -
BGG Nadita: Several major laws on deck for next week...
BGG Nadita: Anti-Money Laundering Law...
BGG Nadita: Investment Law...
BGG Nadita: and National Guard Law - (plenty of ink on all three)...

tubbyone: The bonds are a huge failure so far. They got a not so great credit rating... again. Will a currency rate increase make bonds successful IYO.

BGG tubbyone: not really - (it might help) ... but the point is - the bonds wouldn't produce the dough they need. A currency rate would...
BGG tubbyone: at least bridge their short term budget issues...
BGG tubbyone: there was actually an article out today questioning if Iraq had the money to fight ISIS...

jd: Is Sabibi just a absent CBI governor or what? A lot of Gurus think that he is still the CBI governor and until he comes back nobody in Iraq is legal to RV the currency.

BGG jd: No - he's gone (for now). And most of the rest is guru jibberish.
BGG jd: BTW - guru jibberish is nothing new... just that we are much more attuned to it here.

BGG jd: there is plenty of "internet jibberish" written solely for "internet ratings" - it happens alot.

satrib BGG: the more we hear about this.....the more curious this whole "bonds thing" is.....sold in euros.....whole group coming here for some reason.....don't you think?

BGG satrib: Very, very curious indeed...
=========================

BGG: OK - here's a great article...
BGG: Abadi: I will put the country on right track

BGG: Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi confirmed yesterday his intention to continue reforms and put the country on the right track
Where the Information Office of the Prime Minister that ‘the Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, received in his office a delegation from the Congress Alomerreqi, which includes Sen. Christopher Murphy and Senator Carey Peters in the presence of the US ambassador, Mr. Stuart Jones’... ...'Abadi stressed his determination to continue reforms and continue to put the country on the right track in building state institutions’ pointing to’ the progress made in the battle against terrorist gangs and the importance of cooperation to achieve victory and the liberalization of the land of Iraq, stressing his commitment to maintaining the community diversity of all nationalities and denominations as component force the country ‘... (excerpts) BGG: https://www.dinarupdates.com/blog/

BGG: Looks like to me - Abaid is intent on getting things done in Iraq.
BGG: and good for Iraq... had he not stepped up - Iraq would have been in the toilet pretty soon...

===

BGG: One concern many have been thinking about - Abadi potentially "cancelling the constitution"... however, take that news in context with this next piece...
BGG: it gives us a better picture as to what Abadi is facing (or what his mindset is)
BGG: Abadi plans to cancel Integrity Commission

BGG: Follow-up scales News – Newspaper, “life” of Saudi Arabia, Sunday, for the determination of Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi Cancel the Integrity Commission, as pointed out that failure to push for the sacking of Chief Justice Medhat al-Mahmoud.

BGG: I'm going to comment on this in pieces...
BGG: Abadi is not happy the Integrity Commission isn't doing their job and they failed to "sack" Medhat al-Mahmoud (the crooked SJC chair)
BGG: (and Maliki's pocket ace)...

BGG: The newspaper said in a report today that its issue “Abadi faces challenges to implement reforms on the ground, and still unable to pass the decision to cancel the posts of Vice-President of the Republic, and that the move is facing widespread opposition, in parallel with its need for a parliamentary decision difficult.”

BGG: the writer points out Abadi still having some trouble with his decision to remove the corrupt vice presidents. However, I doubt it is facing widespread opposition - mostly snipe from corrupt politicians...

BGG: She added that “the Prime Minister was not able to put pressure on the Judicial Council to change the boss Medhat al-Mahmoud, and that the Iraqi political forces are still committed to big defense of Al-Mahmoud and prevent his dismissal.”

BGG: this merely shows the depths of political corruption - here comes the good part...

BGG: The newspaper pointed out that “al-Abadi may issue a decision to cancel the Integrity Commission, as an institution is not doing its part in the fight against corruption, and had hinted at a meeting with the Commission finally to this option, when he emphasized that the return on the state of the stolen money is not commensurate with the amount of costs paid to the Integrity Commission “.

BGG: Abadi is giving them a chance to act right...
BGG: If they don't start doing their job - he is threatening to "cancel the Integrity Commission"
BGG: as an institution is not doing its part in the fight against corruption,..

tman23: What I find interesting is..... Khalaf Ahmed was director of the office of the Prime Minister under Maliki... Then on 9/2/2014 Maliki and the CoM appointed Ismail to CBI Governor post and Ahmed to the Secretary General. Most just overlooked Abadi dismissing Ahmed (8/13 and his staff BUT the fact is that Ahmed's staff was managing directors to the Ministers. (same guys that were under Ismail and Maliki)...... The dismissal of Ahmed was huge because they were operating on the "plan" under the 2014 -2017 guidelines..... Abadi's reforms wipes this plan out.....and as to this date no new Secretary General has been announced... Barzani made a public comment on the "new" draft budget for Kurdistan to get 12% down from 17% AND also the possible dismissal of some Kurdish Ministers.... What and who is the question... but the rumors in the camel lot are wild and exaggerated.....

BGG: I am curious if he thinks making an example of the Integrity Commission and might get Parliament to sit up and start acting right - therefore - making it unneccesary to "cancel the constitution".

BGG: Tman23 thanks for the add!!

jd: If Iraq did a RI instead of a RV,what would be their rate?

BGG jd: I prefer not to entertain such notions - Once there is a change, I will be happy (to get things started).
BGG jd: RI - RV - leads to "internet jibberish" that is misleading to a lot of folks...
BGG jd: (I should say - I prefer to... "these days". )

satrib BGG: I worry that with all of the corruption and hands in the Till......does Abadi have enough support to finish this?

BGG satrib: I am very hopeful in light of the articles I put on THE BLOG today - GREAT NEWS.

WELCOME TO BGG NEWSTIME AT DINARUPDATES.COM

THE OBSERVER - https://dinarupdates.com/observer/

BGG: It is - Thanks everyone for tuning in @ DinarUpdates.com for News Time

BGG: ( I have several critical articles to cover as well)

jtank: bonds being sold in euro money instead of dinar?

BGG: curious - aren't these the international bonds??

jtank: yes

BGG: I'm saying - it is curious...

jtank: skating laws

BGG: looks like a "last minute" change for sure...
BGG: and I'm sure it has to do with making sure there would enough interest.
BGG: which is IMHO only.

Nadita: did you hear that investment law is ready for approval..? any ink on it..?

BGG Nadita: there were several articles on it - one as recent as yesterday's BLOG post - third article down.
BGG Nadita: here's what's interesting -
BGG Nadita: Several major laws on deck for next week...
BGG Nadita: Anti-Money Laundering Law...
BGG Nadita: Investment Law...
BGG Nadita: and National Guard Law - (plenty of ink on all three)...

tubbyone: The bonds are a huge failure so far. They got a not so great credit rating... again. Will a currency rate increase make bonds successful IYO.

BGG tubbyone: not really - (it might help) ... but the point is - the bonds wouldn't produce the dough they need. A currency rate would...
BGG tubbyone: at least bridge their short term budget issues...
BGG tubbyone: there was actually an article out today questioning if Iraq had the money to fight ISIS...

jd: Is Sabibi just a absent CBI governor or what? A lot of Gurus think that he is still the CBI governor and until he comes back nobody in Iraq is legal to RV the currency.

BGG jd: No - he's gone (for now). And most of the rest is guru jibberish.
BGG jd: BTW - guru jibberish is nothing new... just that we are much more attuned to it here.

BGG jd: there is plenty of "internet jibberish" written solely for "internet ratings" - it happens alot.

satrib BGG: the more we hear about this.....the more curious this whole "bonds thing" is.....sold in euros.....whole group coming here for some reason.....don't you think?

BGG satrib: Very, very curious indeed...
=========================

BGG: OK - here's a great article...
BGG: Abadi: I will put the country on right track

BGG: Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi confirmed yesterday his intention to continue reforms and put the country on the right track
Where the Information Office of the Prime Minister that ‘the Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, received in his office a delegation from the Congress Alomerreqi, which includes Sen. Christopher Murphy and Senator Carey Peters in the presence of the US ambassador, Mr. Stuart Jones’... ...'Abadi stressed his determination to continue reforms and continue to put the country on the right track in building state institutions’ pointing to’ the progress made in the battle against terrorist gangs and the importance of cooperation to achieve victory and the liberalization of the land of Iraq, stressing his commitment to maintaining the community diversity of all nationalities and denominations as component force the country ‘... (excerpts) BGG: https://www.dinarupdates.com/blog/

BGG: Looks like to me - Abaid is intent on getting things done in Iraq.
BGG: and good for Iraq... had he not stepped up - Iraq would have been in the toilet pretty soon...

===

BGG: One concern many have been thinking about - Abadi potentially "cancelling the constitution"... however, take that news in context with this next piece...
BGG: it gives us a better picture as to what Abadi is facing (or what his mindset is)
BGG: Abadi plans to cancel Integrity Commission

BGG: Follow-up scales News – Newspaper, “life” of Saudi Arabia, Sunday, for the determination of Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi Cancel the Integrity Commission, as pointed out that failure to push for the sacking of Chief Justice Medhat al-Mahmoud.

BGG: I'm going to comment on this in pieces...
BGG: Abadi is not happy the Integrity Commission isn't doing their job and they failed to "sack" Medhat al-Mahmoud (the crooked SJC chair)
BGG: (and Maliki's pocket ace)...

BGG: The newspaper said in a report today that its issue “Abadi faces challenges to implement reforms on the ground, and still unable to pass the decision to cancel the posts of Vice-President of the Republic, and that the move is facing widespread opposition, in parallel with its need for a parliamentary decision difficult.”

BGG: the writer points out Abadi still having some trouble with his decision to remove the corrupt vice presidents. However, I doubt it is facing widespread opposition - mostly snipe from corrupt politicians...

BGG: She added that “the Prime Minister was not able to put pressure on the Judicial Council to change the boss Medhat al-Mahmoud, and that the Iraqi political forces are still committed to big defense of Al-Mahmoud and prevent his dismissal.”

BGG: this merely shows the depths of political corruption - here comes the good part...

BGG: The newspaper pointed out that “al-Abadi may issue a decision to cancel the Integrity Commission, as an institution is not doing its part in the fight against corruption, and had hinted at a meeting with the Commission finally to this option, when he emphasized that the return on the state of the stolen money is not commensurate with the amount of costs paid to the Integrity Commission “.

BGG: Abadi is giving them a chance to act right...
BGG: If they don't start doing their job - he is threatening to "cancel the Integrity Commission"
BGG: as an institution is not doing its part in the fight against corruption,..

tman23: What I find interesting is..... Khalaf Ahmed was director of the office of the Prime Minister under Maliki... Then on 9/2/2014 Maliki and the CoM appointed Ismail to CBI Governor post and Ahmed to the Secretary General. Most just overlooked Abadi dismissing Ahmed (8/13 and his staff BUT the fact is that Ahmed's staff was managing directors to the Ministers. (same guys that were under Ismail and Maliki)...... The dismissal of Ahmed was huge because they were operating on the "plan" under the 2014 -2017 guidelines..... Abadi's reforms wipes this plan out.....and as to this date no new Secretary General has been announced... Barzani made a public comment on the "new" draft budget for Kurdistan to get 12% down from 17% AND also the possible dismissal of some Kurdish Ministers.... What and who is the question... but the rumors in the camel lot are wild and exaggerated.....

BGG: I am curious if he thinks making an example of the Integrity Commission and might get Parliament to sit up and start acting right - therefore - making it unneccesary to "cancel the constitution".

BGG: Tman23 thanks for the add!!

jd: If Iraq did a RI instead of a RV,what would be their rate?

BGG jd: I prefer not to entertain such notions - Once there is a change, I will be happy (to get things started).
BGG jd: RI - RV - leads to "internet jibberish" that is misleading to a lot of folks...
BGG jd: (I should say - I prefer to... "these days". )

satrib BGG: I worry that with all of the corruption and hands in the Till......does Abadi have enough support to finish this?

BGG satrib: I am very hopeful in light of the articles I put on THE BLOG today - GREAT NEWS.

satrib BGG: I knew there was a reason I liked Sadr....do you think he and Sistani are enough?

BGG satrib: I believe so - yes... of course, this is my personal opinion.
BGG satrib: and yes, the mass (and deep) corruption is troubling.
BGG satrib: but he appears to be headed the right direction.

Nadita: Do we have ink on what the 3 presidents meeting all about this week...? could this threat from Abadi to cancel the integrity commission to put fire on parliament and other council members to act and do what they suppose to do??

BGG Nadita: even very good translators have been "not happy" with the lack of details during these "3 presidents" meetings.
BGG Nadita: so no - we don't know - anyone who says they do, isn't being truthful
BGG Nadita: on the rest, that is my take the "lay of the land" right now...

Nadita: or in fact, they didn't want to disclose to the public as to what their meeting is all about. They can always surprise us. Do you think Abadi is coming here to promote the bonds this week..?

BGG Nadita: looks like (as of today) Abadi is threatening to really lay into these guys if they don't get it right.
BGG Nadita: I don't - bonds (on their best day) won't save them...
BGG Nadita: it's something else...

Nadita: BGG.. in my opinion.. the meeting must have been a very good and tight one if in fact, Abadi is threatening to dissolve the integrity commission.. he must have had the backup of the two presidents and they agreed on the next move they are going to make.. I think we won't hear much about this meeting and suddenly...

BGG Nadita: Great points...
BGG Nadita: OK gang.

BGG Nadita: that's it for me (other than the 3 big laws coming this next week).

THE OBSERVER - https://dinarupdates.com/observer/

BGG: Thanks for tuning it for News Time - hang in there and tune in for Millionday tomorrow nite at 7:30pm EST