WELCOME TO BGG ROUNDTABLE AT DINARUPDATES.COM

BGG: OK - rcookie, what do you think is the big news of the day??

Rcookie: Abadi denies claim to "the dissolution of parliament and the announcement of the emergency government." 18:45 02/09/2015 Denied the Information Office of the Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, on Wednesday, demanding the Prime Minister to dissolve parliament and form an emergency government, and as pointed out can not be done without the consent of the President of the Republic, he stressed that the constitutional institutions is the sponsor of the reform and the Constitution is authorized to make any change beyond the pale. Some of the social media (Facebook) deliberated sending the prime minister, a book for the presidency of the parliament calling for the Council to resolve and the formation of an emergency government.

BGG: Interesting...

Rcookie: "The first is to apply for one-third of the members of parliament to resolve the Council, and not canceled, to be voted on by an absolute majority."He said government spokesman, that "the approval of the dissolution of Parliament requiring the President of the Republic during the 60 day call for the election of a new parliament," pointing out that "the second mechanism includes a request from the Prime Minister and approved by the President of the Republic, and send it to parliament for a vote."The three presidencies, expressed, on Tuesday (the first of September the current 2015), support for the reforms that achieve the interests of the Iraqi people, and praised the military operations carried out in different parts of the country, while stressed the need for the completion of the National Guard and the Federal Court and national reconciliation laws, It showed that the economic and financial sides of the priorities of the executive and legislative bodies that are to focus on reforms in the file.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=transla te.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D4148789&usg=ALkJrhgpuHhzUWEuIWX-Omr-JiQpt6XY6g

BGG: good stuff - Abadi is responding to these recent comments about him "declaring martial law" without actually declaring it...
BGG: I don't think this is what he wants... though it is not impossible he might have to resort to as much in the face of the "deep rooted" corruption.

Rcookie:
1.needs President Masum consent2.operate within the “Constitutional Framework, Institutions,Mechanisims”Dissolve parliament 2 ways Constitutionally:1st.. 1/3 Parliament to dissolve council ( basically vote to Fireyourself) and voted on by absolute majority!Followed by President calling for “New Vote” in 60 days!!2nd.. Request from PM..approved by President...then sent to Parliament for vote

BGG: further, this article ends up pointing out what I think are the next two steps...
BGG: National Guard Law... and the Fed Court Law.
BGG: they are going to get these militias under the control of Baghdad and get a Fed Court Law put in place... the Fed Court Law will balance the court and eliminate Medhat al-Mahmoud (I'm not sure he isn't already in violation of existing law - too old)... finally...
BGG; the reason is simple - they have to wrest control of these PMU militias from Maliki and his associates and they need to deal with Mahmoud if whatever they do with Maliki is going to "stick"...
BGG: It would appear Mahmoud is MUCH dirtier than we have imagined. It appears there is no doubt in Abadi's mind what he is up to...
BGG: further, as I commented earlier...
BGG: It is surprising Mahmoud is putting up such a fight... I thought he "resigned" a while back and his peers "urged him" to stay ... that all looks to have been "political theatrics" at this point (or in Redneck lingo - PURE BS!!) ...
BGG: and as in an earlier tweet (today)...
BGG: BGG ~ I made note of Mahmoud "politic-ing" the other day - this appears to be what he was after... strange for a judge...
BGG : However, Ameri may be supporting Mahmoud - but the Badr politicians (the political wing of Ameri's group) are distancing themselves from this "boots on the ground" support of Mahmoud...
BGG: as evidenced by this piece...

BGG: Deputy for Badr bloc denies the issuance of any assessment of them the work of al-Mahmoud positively or negatively

BGG: Follow-up - and babysit - MP for the Badr parliamentary bloc Razak al-Haidari, Wednesday, to discuss and evaluate the performance of the judiciary will be in accordance with legal tracks and not through the media, denying the issuance of any evaluation of the mass on the work of the judiciary Chairman Medhat al-Mahmoud positively or negatively.

BGG: Here's another headline...
BGG: The most important of the judiciary, headed by Mahmoud crimes!!
BGG: Ouch!!!
BGG: This could be (partially) why...
BGG says(12:25 PM):
the SLC is turning on the Maliki clan...
BGG: (the Badr politicos are backing away)...

BGG: The issuance of an arrest warrant cousin Nuri al-Maliki in the provincial council in Karbala Criminal Court issued Karbala, Wednesday, an arrest warrant for a member of the provincial council for the rule of law Hani Hamid Jassim al-Maliki, on charges of abusing his position to obtain funds illegally. The accused is one of the cousins, Vice President of the Republic article Nuri al-Maliki

BGG: appears corruption is the "family business"...
BGG: (thanks to firefly for that)...

BGG: The rats are lining up on one side - Abadi on the other, I think Mahmoud will be crushed before this is over...

Rcookie: They're gonna have a new "Maliki Wing" to the prison!

BGG: Sistani has great influence with the PMU's also. I don’t think Ameri (or Mahmoud) will win this fight.
BGG: The political corruption MUST END - the WB/IMF is INSISTENT - and these jokers just can't manage to leave the trough. They (Allawi - Maliki - Mutlaq and others) are clearly showing themselves as defending their corrupt way of life.
BGG: a while back we had a real political insider tell us "you won't beleive all the places Maliki's support comes from..." it appears there was "broad bi-partisan support" for him based on HUGE corruption on both sides of the aisle...
BGG: Allawi (known for the rampant corruption during his earlier regime (before Malik) - Najafi (who knows??), Mutlaq (very curious how "against" these reforms he is..) - all Sunnis...
BGG: the poltical insider was reportedly one of Maliki's "bag men" - so he would know who was "on the take"...
BGG: Now, unlike before - when no one could figure out who the "bad actors" were - they have come out in the open to defend their crooked positions.
Could it be Abadi just "smoked them out" into the open... so people could get a good look at them... or just good fortune??
BGG: OK - sorry for my rant...

quicktolegit96: when are they meeting on Nat. Guard and Federal?

BGG: Sounds like - soon...
BGG: which is legit. We are tired of "soon" because idiot gurus have worn it out...
BGG: this is REAL.

jtank: truth always wins

wilson6060: How can they get the laws passed with M's goons in parliment?

BGG: I don't think he has the support (or votes) to be the "obstructionist" he has in the past...

wilson6060: WhooPow!!! TYVM

BGG: especially with SLC being the ones who ordered Maliki's cousin arrested - that is a BIG MOVE (change of direction)...

Pablo: Any idea how they can get these goons out since there seems to be so many?

BGG: the main two can happen quick - the whole scope may take more time...
BGG: but the ones that concern you (in order), Mahmoud, Maliki, Alak...

paul-o: Thanks, BGG, you’ve several times commented about the IMF (or was it the World Bank?) giving Iraq until October 1 to get the necessary laws passed (for an RV?). Is the emphasis solely on the Anti-Money Laundering law (AML) or what other laws as well? And, if Iraq doesn’t pass those laws by October 1st and they are sent back “to the stone age” monetarily, what does that mean exactly? Can’t they just stay at 1166 if they don’t get those laws passed?

BGG: They have threatened to "black list" their currency.
BGG: and everything that goes with that.
BGG: I doubt bonds (or anything else) sell until this is resolved.

paul-o: Their currency was already not tradeable, how is it worse if it's blacklisted?

BGG: and I do think Abadi will work with Parliament to get this solved. He is OBVIOUSLY serious about dealing with their corrupt issues.
BGG: and whatever it means - they made an impression on Abadi.

Rcookie: According to information from parliamentarians, confirmed to the reporter Roudao network media "as in the case of non-approval of the legitimacy of laws limit such abuses in the specified period, you will not be able to any country must be prepared to make any loan, whether for Iraq or for the Kurdistan Region, and is no doubt that the real source of this Funds are senior officials of the state, they are washed 5 trillion Iraqi daily by a number of banks are converting these amounts into neighboring countries. "

BGG: which points out one of the main sources of corruption was the whole auction process.
BGG: interestingly - during this "rooting out process" the auctions have been lighter for a few days now...

clay: didn’t they also arrest Malikis son w/billions stolen that would lead them to Maliki

BGG: he is out now - Lebanon let him go... probably kept the cash (1.5 Bil USD)...

Clay: wow, not good

BGG: (obviously) he's got Finish status...
BGG: Finland.

Rcookie: That was a quote from "Iraq concern of its inclusion in the international black list for money laundering"
Rcookie: and the network of corrupt banks inside and outside Iraqi borders

BGG: TYVM

Pablo: Have you heard any more about M fleeing into Iran a day or so ago?

BGG: I did hear about that - but not for sure if it is accurate. Could easily just be "noise" in the media... however, if he thinks this will go badly for him - he will ROLL.
BGG: bank on it - he will never face a trial in Iraq (willingly).

_firefly_: Keyword .... willingly ~(

Jguy: Do we know when Allaqs term is up at the CBI ? sept 8th or is it in Oct ?

BGG: He is a "proxy appointment" so he will be gone when he is replaced. Not until...

BGG: here is another interesting piece...

BGG: Ordered the prime minister, Haydar al-Abadi to form a higher committee competent to recover funds stolen and smuggled in inside and outside Iraq, stressing the need to prosecute those involved stealing money and submit to eliminate characters. The government said the morning newspaper in its edition on Wednesday, and "The Council of Ministers form a government committee to follow up on the country and the recovery of money stolen and smuggled out of Iraq, and working to detect smuggling operations involved." She said "billions of dollars that have been smuggled out of the country, enough to remove Iraq from the financial hardship experienced by, resulting from the lack of revenue due to lower selling global oil prices, and its impact on economic and monetary reality." She explained that "the government has taken a series of measures recently in order to reduce corruption and money smuggling, the steps that comes as part of the reforms package and activate the role of the regulatory institutions and the disclosure of spoilers and activating the role of the Anti-Corruption Council, which was formed recently under the chairmanship of Abadi and in cooperation with the judiciary."

BGG: which was formed recently under the chairmanship of Abadi and in cooperation with the judiciary."...

Oldmechanic: hi bgg, the 50k and 100k notes. as I take it will come out when the lower demons come out and they are for big business? and we all know what it will take for the lower demons to come out. thank you.

BGG: I am not of that opinion... I am not sure we will ever see the 50 and 100k notes...

Rcookie: Got something on Alaq that contradicts previous report as former Governor...Obviously term has to be after 9/15 by the ink

BGG: let's hear it...

Jguy: Yes i read that piece, i thought i read something a couple months ago about allaq having till sept 8th ,maybe not thanks

Rcookie: Beirut hosts the Iraqi banking forum By: wab1 Date: Wednesday, 02-09-15 10:33 am Baghdad: Baghdad news An informed source in the Iraqi Central Bank, the Lebanese capital Beirut will host this month's Iraqi banking forum which will be attended by selected banks and Arabic and foreign countries ". The source said "tomorrow", "on 15 and 16 September, the current date will be hosting the Lebanese capital Beirut for Iraq Beirut banking Forum held in Venice hotel in Beirut with the participation of Iraqi and Lebanese wide banking, in addition to the Monetary Authority's participation in the countries represented by the Iraqi Central Bank Governor Ismail Al-allaq, Governor of the Bank of Lebanon Riad "The importance of the forum for the Iraqi side protrude through the axes to be discussed by the sessions, which will provide an overview of the latest developments in the Iraqi economy, as well as banking developments and the CBI plans to promote financial realities."As for the second command is closed bilateral meetings between the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq and the Executive Heads of Lebanese banks operating in Iraq who can bypass that leads lhadl the various problems they face in Iraq."

Rcookie: This meeting is also on the heels of the G20 in Turkey!!

BGG: Gotcha - makes sense... I only brought the "former" thing because it was curious, not that anything as "sure" about it..

quicktolegit96: I thought alak was appointed official by ink or am i wrong?

BGG: he is a "proxy" appointee - (by Maliki) and not an entirely legit appointment at that...
BGG: they need a legitimate CBI Gov soon.

quicktolegit96: understandable and ty...i agree with everything

Jguy: BGG frank 26 reported that they caught allaq red handed transferring millions from the cbi to his personal account in united arab emirates

BGG: well great... now to do something about it.

jguy: yea that’s what I say what else do they need to nail him

wilson6060: Can they sustain their country on the recovered funds, will that affect the RV

BGG: I wouldn't hold my breath - and no, in the long run, they still need it.
BGG: OK gang - that's it for Round Table...
BGG: power packed, exciting, thanks to all of you!!