Marinated shrimp in spicy scallioin cucumber water
Marinated Shrimp in Spicy Scallion Cucumber Water
• 3 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tbsp. chili paste
• 1 tbsp. agave
• 1 cucumber, washed and diced
• 1½ tsp. sea salt
• pinch of freshly ground pepper
Marinade and Shrimp
• ¼ cup fresh ginger, chopped
• 2 shallots, diced
• 4 garlic cloves, smashed and finely chopped
• ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
• 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
• zest and juice of 2 limes, grated
• 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
• 3 tbsp. sesame oil
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1½ lbs. of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 2 bunches of scallions, cut into diagonal ½-in. pieces
In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Add one cup of water, and blend on a low setting until smooth.
1. In a large bowl, combine the ginger, shallots, garlic, cilantro, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime zest and juice. Toss shrimp gently.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (and no longer than 2 hours).
3. Heat the olive oil over medium heat, and with a slotted spoon, add the shrimp and cook for 20 seconds. Add the scallions, and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes (or until shrimp are opaque). Add the cucumber water, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately in bowls.