WELCOME TO DINARUPDATES.COM --BGG ROUNDTABLE 8/14/15

BGG: Hey folks - the news over the last few hours has been WOW?!!
BGG: This article (from late yesterday) was very curious to me...
BGG: Republic Keywords Sorry Iraq (Op Ed)
BGG: (excerpts only)

BGG: Why Keywords and Why Iraq? Why is it reap? Come with me, dear reader, to see Keywords is the title of an Iraqi family controls two from one family, brothers and a cousin of them on the financial situation and the economic and political for Iraq and Bhddonh see them despite the lack of specialization in all positions they occupy and takes Abadi their opinion and implemented without discussion because they Avanmoh that they are the most efficient of Iraq?

BGG: (This is referring to Alak)

BGG: ...financial situation is very bad and terrifying and crisis recent dollar saw and the reason that of putting fiscal policy for Iraq is Ali Mohsen Keywords Governor of the Central Bank, which served as the general secretary of the Council of Ministers days Maliki regime At that time fateful been three of the biggest economists accuse They Shabibi and Azri and Mohammed Allawi and some of them referred to trial on charges of various and a decision was jailed but they were out of Iraq...

BGG: Ali Mohsen Keywords not qualified scientifically and academically and professionally to this ...dangerous position and not a financial expert does not have the qualifications of the leadership of the monetary policy, but it puts as Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, which transferred al-Maliki of the Secretary General of the Council of Ministers site to the Governor of the Central Bank in the last moments of his position as prime minister of Iraq, the appointment is unconstitutional...

BGG: ...Ali Mohsen Keywords not qualified scientifically and academically and professionally to this dangerous position and not a financial expert does not have the qualifications of the leadership of the monetary policy...

BGG: All I can say is WOW?!?!
BGG: this is all referring to Alak - so it is assumed he is not technically or educated as a Monetary policy mind... and was only appointed by Maliki during the final days of his regime...

larrykn: sounds like they are saying he is not quilified for the job and needs to go
BGG: agreed...
BGG: That is correct - this is about Ali al-Alak (Proxy Gov of CBI)...

.VIP.blossom BGG: Is he keywords?
BGG .VIP.blossom: Yes.

larrykn: if alak has to go who will replace him?
BGG larrykn: No clue - some weird news about another arrest warrant for Shabibi.
BGG larrykn: so probably not him.

maine: how fast can abadi replace him?
BGG maine: PDQ.
Maine: thanks! i sure like the sounds of that!

mary: What is PDQ

BGG: "pretty darn quick"

Pablo: An arrest warrant for Shabibi? From Abadi?

BGG Pablo: might be a translation issue - but that was what it said.
=====================

BGG: Parliament will vote tomorrow on the parties and labor laws and treaties

BGG: Vote in the House of Representatives, in its meeting scheduled to be held on Thursday on important projects most notably political parties laws, treaties and work. And it includes the agenda of the meeting, according to a statement to the Council, the "Federal Court decisions on the membership of the House of Representatives some health, and vote on the draft law on ratification of the Republic of Iraq to amend the Unified Agreement for the Investment of Arab capital in Arab countries for the year 1980 Law"...

BGG: It also includes "vote on the draft law on ratification loan for a project to rehabilitate Hartha power station between the Government of the Republic of Iraq and the Government of Japan / Japan International Cooperation Agency Convention on the Law."It would "vote on the draft law on passports, and the vote on the draft treaty contract law, and vote on the draft law on political parties, and vote on the draft labor law" on the agenda.

BGG: It is said that the House of Representatives yesterday approved the government reforms, and other parliamentary direct legislation laws that the Constitution text on the necessity of legislation and to overcome what stands in general this legislation mechanisms and notably oil and gas law included, the political parties law, the Federal Supreme Court Law, the Law of Treaties, Law the Federation Council, the amnesty law and the laws of national reconciliation, including the National Guard Law...

BGG: this is the part that really gets me...It is said that the House of Representatives yesterday approved the government reforms, and other parliamentary direct legislation laws that the Constitution text on the necessity of legislation and to overcome what stands in general this legislation mechanisms and notably oil and gas law included, the political parties law, the Federal Supreme Court Law, the Law of Treaties, Law the Federation Council, the amnesty law and the laws of national reconciliation, including the National Guard Law...

BGG: pretty much a laundry list of very important reforms...
BGG: all on one breath...

larrykn: they are all voted on and were passed ?
BGG: no - it is only saying they are offering full support of these measures.

larrykn: Oh ok ty so when is the vote ,,,, tomorrow
BGG: I said all along - once Maliki is dealt with FULLY - everything would go very quickly.
BGG: that was actually written on Thurs - but the big point is exactly what level of support Abadi is getting on these reform's

maine: how good was the source on that article ? maliki still has some influence on the media?

BGG: I think the source on that previous bit was good.
BGG: Maliki is under big time pressure - he won't get thru this.

===========================

BGG: Here's a very important piece from yesterday...
BGG: News of the resignation, “Medhat al-Mahmoud,” Chairman of the Supreme Judicial Council

BGG: Palm-sources and satellite channels in a flash revealed the resignation of the President of the Supreme Judicial Council and the Supreme Federal Court judge in Iraq, “Medhat al-Mahmoud” from office.
The Iraqi “Baghdad” channel which broadcasts from Cairo, said head of the Supreme Judicial Council and the Federal Supreme Court in Iraq judge “Medhat al-Mahmoud,” resigned from his post for reasons not disclosed by asserting that the demonstrations in the Iraqi street, causing the resignation of many corrupt in senior positions and presidencies...

BGG: Note: this only says "news of..." his resignation...
BGG: it doesn't say (exactly) that he is...
BGG: There was also that piece about him sending some Fed Court legislation to Parliament directly...
BGG: which I wonder why?? Of all people - he knows even if they passed it (to cover his "you-know-what" it wouldn't survive and immediate challenge)...
BGG: previously legislation can only be introduced by the PoR- or the CoM. That's it.
BGG: but if things keep heading the way they are - he's "not long for this world..."

jackflash101st: Is Maliki in Iran as rumored? sorry I just logged in
BGG: not sure - gonna cover that next.

BGG: Maliki heads to Iran

BGG: Tomorrow Press / Baghdad: directed Vice President Nuri al-Maliki, on Friday, to Iran on an official visit during which he is scheduled to meet with Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Iranian President Hassan Rohani and other officials. Maliki's office said in a statement received "tomorrow Press," The recent "trend, this evening, to the Iranian capital Tehran on an official visit at the invitation of the Iranian leadership and to participate in meetings of the General Assembly of the World complex of Ahl al-Bayt." He added that "the World Society for the people of the house will hold its sixth meeting with a view to the convergence of views between scientists and thinkers on the latest developments in the Muslim world and in the midst of the current sensitive circumstances and conspiracies cultural and fierce attacks of the enemies of Islam that occur rift among Muslims and undermine their beliefs." Office pointed out that "al-Maliki will meet during the visit, a number

BGG: "al-Maliki will meet during the visit, a number of Iranian officials in the forefront commander of the Islamic Republic of Iran Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Iranian President Sheikh Hassan Rowhani," explaining that "accompanied by a number of political and intellectual figures."

BGG: I'm not sure - but it sounds like (to me) he might well be on the way there...
BGG: I did hear some rumor he wasn't headed there ...
BGG: I just tweeted this ...

BGG: What could be an "official" Ayatollah meeting?? He's not a VP anymore??

paul-o: Ty. Why is Maliki, who is now an ex-politician, right, meaning he does not represent the Iraqi government meeting with Iranian leaders?
BGG: my question - exactly, I wonder if he'll even come back. His son just got some "shelter" from Finland??

Pablo: Do you think he will come back, or will he stay out of Iraq for good?

BGG Pablo: No clue.
Pablo: OH, I guess you don't know.
BGG Pablo: I am suspicious he might stay gone.
BGG Pablo: especially if his meeting with the big-wigs in Iran don't go well.

Pablo: Well that could open a door for Shabibi to come back.
BGG Pablo: Shabibi will face some probe as well. I doubt he comes back either.

jackflash101st: did you read the post I [posted earlier this morning about them going after shabbi for an arrest warrant
BGG jackflash101st: I did.
jackflash101st: what did you think?
BGG jackflash101st: I am not convinced that wasn't a translation issue... but it is possible.

Pablo: Why are they after Shabibi?
BGG Pablo: obviously some type of financial accusation.

slh5282: BGG, do you think this is something that Maliki's group has some push to get Shabibi from prior times?
BGG slh5282: no clue - but exciting times when some much is going on... WhooooPoooow

=====================

BGG: Here's a headline...
BGG: Puzzle travel to al-Maliki arrived in Tehran .. .. has not arrived yet 8/14/2015

BGG: Iraq Prime Minister requests for opening of corruption files of Nouri Maliki & his son Ahmad Maliki

BGG: Al Baghdadiya TV broadcasted the following report on Thursday, August 13th citing Iraqi government sources: Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has sent two letters to the Integrity Commission to have this commission immediately begin investigating on a number of corruption files regarding Nouri Maliki and Baha al-Araji. The most important of these files is equipping the army with weapons, selling foreign currency in the Central Bank and granting loans to the provinces.

BGG: According to these sources Haider al-Abadi has emphasized on opening the corruption files of Ahmad Maliki, the son of Maliki. Orders for the arrest of former Iraqi Central Bank director Sanan al-Shabibi has also been ordered, according to al-Baghdadiya.

BGG: https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...l=1#post126993

BGG: WHOOOPOW!!
BGG: Abadi is starting the formal "looking into" Maliki...
BGG: the last thing (officially) is for Abadi to deal with Alak.
BGG: that's about it...

pinklady: So this would be a really good time for Maliki to get out of Dodge!
BGG pinklady: that is what I am suspicious of...

Pablo: I thought they were looking ito him for a while now.
BGG Pablo: Big TIME now.

jackflash101st: I dont think Iran wants him hanging around like BGG says Maliki is toxic
BGG jackflash101st: Agreed!!

Signman: could it be that abadi wants to keep alak knowing he will do what he asked since Maliki is out of the way? I read Alak as a yes man
BGG Signman: I care little if that is true. Good for us.

jonhenry: do you think the arrest for Dr Shabbi is more to do with making him open books on Maliki
BGG jonhenry: Very well could be - I didn't think of that...
BGG jonhenry: Let's hope that's what that is about..
BGG jonhenry: OK gang - I have an "engagement" - I'll be back this afternoon...

THE BLOG - Dinar Daily NEWS Blog - https://www.dinarupdates.com/blog/
THE OBSERVER - https://dinarupdates.com/observer/

END OF REPORT