Swiss franc CHF 1227.110 1226.497
    Swedish krona SEK 137.879 137.810
    Norwegian krone NOK 150.333 150.258
    Danish krone DKK 169.869 169.784
    Japanese yen JPY 9.480 9.476
    Special
    Drawing Rights
    SDR 1619.562 1618.753

Indicative rates - (as of) 28.5.2015 (no change as of 30.5.2015)

https://www.cbi.iq/

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (2959 - most recent listing)

The opening offers the sale and purchase of foreign currency in the window of the Central Bank of Iraq on 27/05/2015 and the results were as follows: (no change as of 30/05/2015)

DETAILS NOTES
    Number of banks 20
    Number of remittance companies 3
    Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1166
    Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----
    Amount sold at auction price (US$) 158,987,043
    Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----
    Total offers for buying (US$) 158,987,043
    Total offers for selling (US$) -----
    Last edited by pinkadonai1; 05-31-2015 at 09:43 AM.

Re: The Dinar Daily, Saturday May 30, 2015

The Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency in Economic Feasibility Studies

Below are the central controls related to the exchange rate of the foreign currency to convert the project inputs and outputs from foreign currency to its equivalent in the local currency, and that is by calculating the net discounted present value standard and the internal return on investments in economic analysis that governs investment projects that costs excess one million dinars.

Estimate the shadow price of foreign currency:

1. It is necessary to put central controls to amend the official exchange rate * to reflect the shadow price of the foreign currency, and that is considered one of the necessary requirements to implement the net discounted present value standard and the internal return rate on investment in the economic calculation stated in the instructions, paragraph nine.

The central controls for adjusting market prices distinguished a group of outputs and inputs traded internationally, where the projects production or usage of them is reflected on the abundance of foreign currency in the economy and thus project outputs or inputs used of such are considered purely foreign currency outputs or inputs.

* What is meant by exchange rate: the number of units of foreign currency, expressed in dollar per one dinar.In particular the following outputs and inputs of foreign currency were distinguished:

• Export-outputs.
    • Outputs marketed locally that substitute imports.
    • Imported inputs.
    • Inputs produced locally that usually go to exports.
    • Foreign labor.

According to the pricing rules the value of the output and input (traded) is calculated using export prices (FOB) and import prices (CIF), according to what is listed in the pricing rules.

In other words the pricing rules calculate what the project produces from foreign currency (quantity of exports multiplied by the export price (FOB) in foreign currency or the quantity of substitute imports multiplied by the import price (CIF) in foreign currency, as well as what the project uses from foreign currency and imported inputs multiplied by the import price (CIF) in foreign currency …. etc.).

In a later step, project outputs and inputs must be converted from the foreign currency to its equivalent in local currency (dinars) by using a specific exchange rate for the foreign currency.

2. Justifications for exchange-rate adjustment: there are a number of important and powerful arguments which support the view that the official exchange rate reduces the real value of foreign currency for purposes of calculating the economic national profitability for investment projects and hence for the purposes of investment planning. It is demonstrated in this context to call for assessing the dinar for less than (3.208) dollar (official exchange rate) when assessing project outputs and inputs of traded goods of exports, substitute imports and imports… etc.

The justifications to call for the use of an exchange rate that is lower than the official exchange rate are:

• The use of an exchange rate that is lower than the official rate is the appropriate action at the investment planning level to translate the country’s economic strategy aiming at stimulating central investments in the sectors that encourage the development of non-oil exports, as well as sectors that encourage the expansion of domestic production base in order to reduce imports and compensate it with local commodities. This helps to reduce reliance on foreign exchange earnings from crude oil exports and increases the share of non-oil sectors in the local production.
    • The application of the amended exchange rate on project imported inputs will assist in directing investments away from aggregated sectors dependent on imported inputs and the preference of those sectors that rely on locally produced inputs.
    • The use of the amended exchange rate helps to correct the balance in favor of the traded goods sectors compared to non-traded goods.
    • The real exchange rate has declined rapidly since the early seventies, through rapid rise of the level of prices and local costs which led by the steadiness of the official exchange rate to change in prices and actual local rate costs that gave an advantage for imported goods at the expense of locally produced goods, meaning that it led to deterioration of the competitiveness of alternative replacement goods and export commodities.
    • This action shows that the official exchange rate overestimates the value of the dinar, compared to the foreign currency and from the promoting goods substituting imports and export commodities point of view of.

And in support to this view is the state’s utilization and in a broad approach to the customs and quantitative protection policies especially for consumer goods, as well as export subsidies that exports have through an amended export exchange rate.

3. Estimate the amended exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar to be used in technical and economical feasibility studies and for (1.134) dollar per dinar. This price should be approved for 3 years until re-appreciation by the competent authorities.

The Republic of Iraq – Ministry of Planning

and

A "flashback recap" of a Live Q and A Call from about a year ago - on THE DAILY DINAR NEWS BLOG...

In general terms – there were three main focal points of interest I wanted to cover and then allow listeners to ask whatever questions they liked.

1) the SIGR report…

2) the Gold Article…

3) the IIER report…

I started the conversation out last night by highlighting how crazy this campaign being fielded to contact our lawmakers and bank CEO’s and tell them how unfair it is they are getting to exchange (exchange is the right terminology BTW – NOT “CASH-IN”) at 32.00 per Dinar and we are not – is. It is nuts.

Firstly, “they” are NOT being allowed to exchange “early” – or at 32.00 per Dinar. It makes you sound “stark raving MAD” to be caught saying such things. You would be better off barking at the moon. It is demeaning to the validity of a true currency play.

Secondly, this is entirely the wrong way to approach them. I pointed out on the call that Poppy and I fielded a very successful such campaign a couple of years ago. However, we sat down and came up with a much different approach. It was designed to get answers and to approach our lawmakers with respect and as their constituents. Not like a bunch of lunatics. We had extraordinary participation (because it made sense) and we received a good response from lawmakers. It started the conversation in a reasonable manner.

I asked one caller – “when was the last time you asked a banker for money and told him how unfair it was if he didn’t give it to you”??? Obviously – we chuckled…

Another caller asked me if (as DC had relayed) – the “zero’s were raised” and the lower denominations were in circulation??

I said plainly “no”…lower denominations being in circulation would (at the very least) imply there had been a value change. If there were no value change the lower denoms would not only be of little value, they would be such a hinderance – people might even throw them away just to get rid of them. So no – no lower denoms. I told the caller to check the
    CBI.iq website for “real” info on rate change.

The “zero’s being raised” or “deleted” – as explained by any reasonable researcher, economist or authority – is simply the process removing the large (3 zero notes) from circulation.

Referring to an Enorrste post from today on
    THE DINAR OBSERVER DAILY(you may want to put this on your favorites and check in several times a day – we to it often )

“…I have never found a single article from the CBI or the IMF that equates “delete the zeros” to the idea of “move the decimal point.” Instead, the statements overwhelmingly come out to mean “remove the large notes from circulation.”

Also – this recent internal memo put out by Wells Fargo is likely “push back” from this recent campaign. I pointed out that Pinnacle Bank published an article by an “affiliate” in their internal publication and then “highlighted it” in a similar internal memo a couple of years ago. It is just a defense mechanism. I’m sure Wells is tired of having their name dragged through the “internet rumor mill”. This is highly likely the reason for their vigorous denials about handling it in the future. They get so many useless calls – it isn’t worth the headache. Can you blame them??

Further, for any bank, lawmaker, adviser or official to state the “Dinar is a scam” is nearly as foolish as some of the internet “Gurus”. It is the official currency of a COUNTRY. I pointed out (below) the post from yesterday’s
    DINAR OBSERVER DAILY
    – highlights page 94 of the quarterly SIGR report to THE US CONGRESS in April of 2012…
    __________________________________________________ _____________

THIS REPORT WAS SENT TO CONGRESS LAST MAY. IT PLAINLY SHOWS IN THIS REPORT THEY EXPECTED THE DINAR TO REVALUE AT AROUND A DOLLAR IN 2013.

We are seeing and hearing that the inflation rate is still climbing and they are pushing to get us our money?? This report is from page 84 of the massive SIGR report.

BGG ~
    This is a screen shot from the “Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction” – Apr 2012, quarterly report to Congress. For members of our Government to say they have no idea what is going on here – means they haven’t read some very basic documents presented them.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

I pointed out (last night) this is a highly speculative investment. We are, in no way, guaranteed anything. However, this SIGR report gives us some valuable insights…

1) This is information given to the US CONGRESS on a quarterly basis… I find it hard to believe such an information source would intentionally mislead Congress. They tend to frown on such behavior. Which goes directly to the validity of this adventure – against all advice from Wells Fargo or other such naysayers.

2) It points out there having been a legitimate “plan” – or time frame in motion…having been projected to be done in 2013. We are obviously in “over time” now.

3) It gives us an idea as to who is in charge…the CoM – or Council of Ministers. Who do they answer to?? Maliki. Period. When is he likely to push this forward?? Historically – he has been a “weak Dinar” policy advocate. However, rumor from his own inner circle admits he can’t win a third term in office without some currency reform.

I fully expect him to use every tool in his “wheel house” to win – his recent moves in Anbar and the disputed territories prove as much. Currency reform has to be a “biggie”. Though this WAS their thinking a couple of months ago – there is no promise it is still part of their political calculus. We shall see.

4) Though no guarantee of the actual future plan they wind up engaging – this report points out an increase in value that would have taken the Dinar from “one-tenth of a cent” to a value “of slightly less than $1″..

__________________________________________________ ______________

AND

Coins put on the market !!

Nora Albjara member of the committee of economy and investment in the House of Representatives revealed that the central bank completed its preparations for the issuance of metal coins of seven small groups, in conjunction with the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes from the paper currency is currently in circulation.

She said in her statement Albjara "The project will take between four and five years, and which will be the launch of the categories of small coins gradually."

He predicted the financial expert Hilal Taan inflation rate declines, with the issuance of metal coins of small denominations in the daily financial transactions, remarkable that 3% of the value of inflation in Iraq due to the presence of large cash block.

The economic expert on behalf of Jamil Anton, noted that he may not find metal coins accepted by a lot of Iraqis, especially young people, due to the existence of an entire generation of Iraqis had not trading coins due to stop use since the early nineties of the twentieth century

waradana.com

And

CBI is preparing to issue a monetary metal parts

Metal coins from the category of 25 fils were in circulation until the nineties of the last century

Nora Albjara member of the committee of economy and investment in the House of Representatives revealed that the central bank completed its preparations for the issuance of metal coins of seven small groups, in conjunction with the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes from the paper currency is currently in circulation.

She said in her statement Albjara Radio Free Iraq, "said the project will take between four and five years, and which will be the launch of the categories of small coins gradually."

He predicted the financial expert Hilal Taan inflation rate declines, with the issuance of metal coins of small denominations in the daily financial transactions, remarkable that 3% of the value of inflation in Iraq due to the presence of large cash block.

The economic expert on behalf of Jamil Anton, noted that he may not find coins accepted by a lot of Iraqis, especially young people, due to the existence of an entire generation of Iraqis had not trading coins due to stop use since the early nineties of the twentieth century.

https://www.iraqhurr.org/content/article/26666313.html

and

Another "FLASHBACK"...

Economists Divided Over Deletion Of Zeros

By Amina al-Dahabi for Al-Monitor.

The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) has been attempting to delete three zeros from the Iraqi currency since 2003. This project has raised many concerns among the Iraqi public and within the business community, and Iraqi economists are divided…

…Haider al-Abadi, the head of the Iraqi parliamentary Finance Committee, told Al-Monitor that while deleting zeros from the current currency is possible, this has been postponed until after parliamentary elections. He noted that studies are being carried out to ensure that, following the currency change, counterfeiting is limited and that Iraqis don’t go back to trading in the old currency.

The step to delete zeros from the currency has been postponed several times, leading the parliamentary Economic Committee to demand that the CBI accelerate this project, as Al-Sharqiya reported. In a news conference held July 6, the Economic Committee confirmed that the deletion of zeros will lead to an increase in the value of the Iraqi dinar and will have positive repercussions, including a reduction in unemployment and poverty rates in the country.

ARTICLE LINK

Crush Expected When Kuwaiti Banks Reopen Today

March 24, 1991|From Reuters

KUWAIT CITY, Kuwait — Thousands of Kuwaitis are expected to jam the country's banks today when they open for the first time since the end of the Iraqi occupation.

Customers will be allowed to withdraw funds and to swap pre-invasion money for a new currency issued to make more than $1 billion in pre-invasion dinars stolen by the Iraqis worthless.

"We expect a rush of people," said Issam Asousi, an executive with the Bank of Kuwait. He said it could be a chaotic first week because customers have a lot of questions about their accounts.

Kuwaiti banks continued operating during the seven-month Iraqi occupation under managers brought in from Iraq, but they have been closed since the U.S.-led alliance ousted the Iraqi army from Kuwait a month ago.

When the banks reopen today, customers will be able to withdraw up to 4,000 Kuwaiti dinars, equivalent to about $14,000 at pre-invasion exchange rates from their accounts, and to exchange a like amount for foreign currency.

Balances of customers' accounts will go back to what they were on Aug. 1, a day before the invasion.

Clients will not be able to exchange Iraqi currency issued during the occupation, when Baghdad pegged the rates of the strong Kuwaiti dinar to the far less valuable Iraqi dinar.

The new Kuwaiti money will be exchanged for old at a one-to-one rate.

https://articles.latimes.com/1991-03-..._kuwaiti-banks

BGG ~ Thanks to wmawhite for some facts on the subject.

Hi BGG,

Just thought I would drop you an email. I listened to the call, and was interested in what was said about Kuwait, if I may - I will add my 2 cents worth.

You were spot on with what you said, I have a close friend who's father made a killing on the KWD. He bought from people who had fled the country and he paid pennies on the dollar (we are in Australia). He took the chance that Iraq would be kicked back out and he was right.

When the money was reinstated, he exchanged it for AUD at a rate in the mid 3s. The interesting thing about it is, Iraq invaded in November 1990 (I think), they were kicked back out at the end of Feb 1991, the banks reopened with a brand new KWD in late March, that's not a bad time frame to get a currency designed, printed and made ready to use, also the time that the old KWD was valid was initially only for 2 months, then extended to 6, so it was valid until Sept 1991, interesting I think.

Also the other thing that seems to be a "fact" in Dinar land is Bill Clinton used the Kuwait RV to pay off the debt. However, Clinton was not President in 91, he did not take office until 93, even I know that and I am an Aussie.

Anyway thanks for the site and enjoy listening to your calls.

Kind Regards,
    Kevin

National Alliance meet to discuss Abadi Notes on the National Guard Law

Long-Presse / Baghdad
    It confirmed the National Alliance bloc AVI House of Representatives, on Saturday, the need for coordination with the political blocs in order to approve important laws, especially the National Guard, discussed with the Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi Notes on the law.
    The press office of the leader of the National Alliance of the Presidency of the Council of Representatives member Hamoudi received (long-Presse) a copy of it, that "the National Alliance parliamentary bloc, headed by Hamoudi held a meeting to discuss the second reading of the draft law of the National Guard and the unification of attitudes towards him."
    The statement added that "the meeting discussed the Notes Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi on the law so as to contribute in accelerating the adoption as soon as possible," noting that "the meeting emphasized the need to coordinate with the various political blocs with a view to the adoption of important laws, especially the National Guard."
    The head of the Iraqi Council of Representatives Saleem al-Jubouri likely, on Monday (25 May 2015), to postpone the vote on the bill to the National Guard post-legislative term holiday which will begin the end of the month of May, as he emphasized that the Federal Court will resolve the law during a meeting to be held tomorrow in Parliament.
    Council of Representatives of Iraq and ended during its 39th of the second legislative term legislative year, the first held in the 20th of May 2015, the second reading of the draft National Guard Law, as decided at its 28th, which was held in the 14th of May 2015, to postpone continue the second reading of a law on political parties .
    The President of the House of Representatives, Saleem al-Jubouri confirmed, in (23 December 2014 from the past), that the legislation of the National Guard law will end the "debate" on the popular crowd and clans.

https://www.almadapress.com/ar/news/4...AD%D8%B8%D8%A7

Parliament held its meeting under the chairmanship of the 43-Jubouri and the presence of 182 deputies

Long-Presse / Baghdad
    The Council of Representatives, Saturday, 43 of its second legislative term legislative year, the first under the chairmanship of its President Saleem al-Jubouri and the presence of 182 deputies, while the meeting will vote on six bills, and the first and second readings of four bills.
    A parliamentary source said in an interview to the (long-Presse), "The House of Representatives held before noon today, its the 43 of the second legislative term of the first legislative year, headed by Salim al-Jubouri, and the presence of 182 deputies," noting that "the agenda of the meeting includes a vote in principle on a proposed second amendment to the law replace members of the House of Representatives No. 6 of 2006. "
    The source, who asked not to be named, said: "the meeting will vote on the draft law on passports, and the vote on the draft establishing civil federal health institutions law, and vote on the draft accession of the Republic of Iraq to the United Nations immunities of States and their property Convention on jurisdictional, and vote on Project accession of the Republic of Iraq to the agreement to encourage and protect and guarantee investments between the members of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation countries. "

The source continued that "the meeting include a vote on the draft property installed in farmland excluded and orchards of acts of the settlement, and the reading of the Committee of Religious Endowments and Religious Affairs report on the work of the Commission Act, and the first reading of the draft law on ratification agreement trade cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Iraq and the Government of the State of Kuwait law, and the first reading of the draft the ratification of the partnership agreement for cultural, scientific and technical Altaawan and for development between the Government of the Republic of Iraq and the Government of the French Republic Law ".

The source confirmed that "the meeting will see the second reading of the draft accession of the Republic of Iraq to the International Organization for Migration Constitution Act, and the second reading of the draft treaties contract law."
    The Presidency of the Council of Representatives of Iraq lifted, first on Thursday, (May 28, 2015), the 42nd session of the second legislative term legislative year, the first to Saturday, after the vote on the Iraqi Media Network and the dismissal of the governor of Nineveh Ethel Nujaifi from his post and the postponement of the constitutional oath to the ministers of law Industry and Minerals and Water Resources and the postponement of the vote on the five bills, and the postponement of the first and second readings of the four bills.

https://www.almadapress.com/ar/news/4...9-%D8%A7%D9%84

HRW: Curbs Put War’s Displaced at Risk
    Saturday, 30 May 2015 13:14

Shafaq News/ Iraqi authorities are preventing thousands of families fleeing the fighting in Ramadi from reaching safer parts of the country. The government of Iraq has primary

responsibility for protecting internally displaced people and should allow those fleeing danger in Ramadi or elsewhere to enter safer areas, Human Right Watch (HRW) said .

Since April 2015, the government has imposed restrictions on entry into Baghdad and Babylon provinces affecting just under 200,000 people fleeing fighting between the extremist armed group Islamic State (also known as ISIS) and government and tribal forces in Ramadi, capital of the majority Sunni Anbar province. Kurdish authorities are also imposing restrictions on people trying to enter by land areas under their control. By requiring those who enter to have local guarantors, the restrictions in practice discriminate against Sunni Arabs. Thousands of people remain stranded in Anbar province putting them at risk should there be a further advance by ISIS.
    “International law prohibits ethnic and religious discrimination even in times of conflict,” said Joe Stork, deputy Middle East and North Africa director. “Prime Minister Abadi should immediately order these restrictions lifted so that all Iraqis can seek refuge in Baghdad, regardless of origin or religious affiliation.”

The provincial authorities only allow displaced people to enter if they can present a local resident as a guarantor, or sponsor, at the entry checkpoints, an Anbar Provincial Council member, Sabah Karhout, told the media.

Two displaced people fleeing Ramadi said that the security forces at a checkpoint told them the restrictions were “to protect Baghdad” from ISIS fighters infiltrating the capital to carry out car bombings. The authorities can individually question suspected ISIS operatives at checkpoints and should not impose a generalized ban, Human Rights Watch said.

One guarantor, who has to personally come to the entry crossing, can vouch for up to four families, the security forces told them. One showed Human Rights Watch a copy of a guarantee – a post-it sticker with a faded Iraqi Army stamp, the handwritten name of the head of the family entering, the number of accompanying family members, and a signature by an army officer, but not the name of the guarantor, which is entered into an electronic database.

People displaced from Ramadi in mid-April told Human Rights Watch that they got no further than the bridge over the Euphrates River at Buzaibiz, 80 kilometers southeast of Ramadi on the border between Anbar and Baghdad provinces. The bridge is currently open for only an hour a day, Manaf al-Ma’ani, an Anbar provincial council member, told Human Rights Watch by telephone from Erbil, adding that hundreds remain stranded.

One father of two children, who had sent his family out of Anbar months before, said he slipped through by inserting himself within another family because he did not have a sponsor.

“I was at the bridge, around 3 p.m. or 4 p.m. on April 17, when I saw three people who apparently died from the crowded conditions,” he said, describing the chaos at the bridge. “They were old. From a distance, I saw how one father, a heavy-set man, lifted his two young children, perhaps 5 or 6 years old, and threw them into the Euphrates, before jumping in after them. There was a lot of screaming, but it was so crowded no one could move. The security forces did not attempt a rescue.”

When Ramadi fell to ISIS on May 17, another 69,000 people fled, according to the United Nations. Within one day, Baghdad authorities closed the bridge entirely, even to those with a sponsor, leaving thousands stranded, before reinstating the sponsorship system a few days later, Abu Lujan, an electricity worker who fled Ramadi in May, told Human Rights Watch.

The majority of Ramadi residents remain within Anbar province, the UN said. Abu Lujan said that he is in the town of Amiriyat al-Fallujah because without a sponsor he could not get to Baghdad. The UN has been able to access displaced people, set up camps, and distribute aid.

Babil and Wasit provinces, south of Baghdad, also instituted restrictions preventing people fleeing Anbar from entering, three Iraqis with direct knowledge of the situation told Human Rights Watch.

Sunni Arabs attempting to enter Kurdistan by land, though not by air via the airports in Erbil and Sulaimaniya, also require a local guarantor. These restrictions have left thousands of displaced people from the Tikrit area in Salah al-Din province stuck in Kirkuk, where relations between Kurds, Turkmen, and Sunni Arabs remain tense. Human Rights Watch spoke with seven displaced people from Salah al-Din in Kirkuk in April and May.

According to the UN Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement, internally displaced persons have “the right to seek safety in another part of the country” and “to be protected against forcible return to or resettlement in any place where their life, safety, liberty and/or health would be at risk.” On May 15, Chaloka Beyani, the United Nations special rapporteur on the human rights of internally displaced persons, concluded a visit to Iraq, saying that he was disturbed by “reports of IDPs being barred entry” to Baghdad and other areas “on the basis of their identity,” and “deeply concern[ed]” about guarantor requirements.

Several thousand people from Anbar who have succeeded in entering Baghdad have flown from Baghdad to Erbil, apparently because they did not feel safe in the capital. Five Anbaris told Human Rights Watch that as Sunnis they felt threatened by Shia militias and government security forces in Baghdad.

Human Rights Watch learned from family members of one kidnapping for ransom of displaced people from Ramadi at a checkpoint in Baghdad in April, apparently by self-described Shia militia members, but the family did not want to make details public, fearing further attacks.

Human Rights Watch spoke with two Ramadi women who survived a separate deadly attack on their family home in Baghdad. The family, of the al-Bu Nimr tribe in Ramadi, had left Ramadi in October 2014 and moved to Baghdad’s Jihad neighborhood in late January 2015 after finding a guarantor and registering with the local police.

On April 28, four unidentified men who appeared to be security officers entered the home, saying they were there to conduct a search. Family members said the men wore masks and that some were in the blue uniform of the Federal Police and others in desert camouflage military uniforms.

The intruders gathered all valuables from the women, and took away eight blindfolded men, then shot them in the head at the nearby al-‘Abbasi school, and called the police to collect the bodies, the women said of the police’s account to them. Falah Sabr Nijras, 48, survived.

The wives of two of the Nijras family men said they left for the Kurdish region a few days later, and had Falah transported to a hospital, where he is recovering, unable to speak, but able to write and point. Iraqi police did not take their statements, they said, and they are unaware of any investigation into the killing. The Iraqi authorities should immediately open an investigation into the attack, Human Rights Watch said.

“Iraqi authorities should do more to protect Sunnis from violence whether from militias or criminal gangs,” Stork said. “The Iraqi government needs to make sure that people fleeing the Anbar violence can reach safety, not live in fear of the fighting or of hate crimes against them.”

https://english.shafaaq.com/politics/14561-hrw-curbs-put-war’s-displaced-at-risk.html

American drone crashes in Iraq
    Saturday, 30 May 2015 13:05

Shafaq News / U.S. drone has crashed in Iraq during a reconnaissance on ISIS sites.

U.S. Army Capt. John Moore said in an interview quoted by USA TODAY newspaper , seen by Shafaq News, that the plane did not fall by ISIS fire but due to a technical defect.

He had been wreckage of the plane and its components have been recovered. Without reference to the actual location.

US drones is usually fitted with special cameras and devices to gather information, one of its tasks is to launch air strikes against ISIS targets.

Pentagon and the White House declined deploying monitors in the front lines.

U.S. authorities say they are implementing 65 sorties around the clock by drones in Iraq.

Last March, the US Air Force lost a drone in Syria.

Loren Thompson, a consultant in the defense and military industry analyst at the Lexington Institute said, "we often lose drones because of mechanical or bad weather problems."

https://english.shafaaq.com/security/14560-american-drone-crashes-in-iraq.html

Cleanse Anbar security forces and the passage of the seven Kailua Directorate west of Ramadi

Long-Presse / Anbar
    Council declared Anbar province, on Saturday, clearance General Traffic Directorate and the seven district of Kilwa, west of Ramadi (110 km west of Baghdad) from the control of the elements of the organization (Daash) battles after "fierce".

https://www.almadapress.com/ar/news/4...A7%D9%84%D8%A7

20 casualties among PMU in an explosion south of Tikrit
    Saturday, 30 May 2015 12:49

Shafaq News / An officer in the Iraqi police said on Saturday, that 20 members of the Popular Mobilization Units (PMU) , which includes a majority of armed Shiite factions were killed

and wounded in an explosion south of the local city of Tikrit, the capital of Salahuddin province.

The explosion was caused by an explosive device planted on the side of a road when a patrol of PMU was passing in Sayed Ghraib area , causing the death of six elements and the injury of 14 others ,” The officer told Shafaq News.

The Joint Special Operations Command revealed in a statement on Thursday, the liberation of Sayed Ghraib area south of Tikrit city from the control of ISIS terrorist organization.

https://english.shafaaq.com/security/14559-20-casualties-among-pmu-in-an-explosion-south-of-tikrit.html

US plane crashes march southern Iraq and Washington attributed to technical problems

Long-Presse / Baghdad
    The US military announced on Saturday, the march of an American plane crash in southern Iraq, and with attributed the cause of the crash to "technical problems", stressed the recovery of the wreckage of the aircraft and equipment.
    A US military spokesman in Kuwait, Captain John Moore, in a press interview I followed (range Press), "The march plane belonging to the American army fell, last Wednesday, in southern Iraq," attributing the cause of the crash to "technical problems".
    Moore confirmed that "the wreckage of the aircraft and equipment were retrieved", refusing to disclose the force that worked on the recovery of parts or the quality of the aircraft debris march for security reasons.
    For its part, confirmed a spokeswoman for the US Department of Defense (Pentagon), in a press interview I followed (range Press), "The US plane was not the fall of the march by the fires of the elements of the organization (Daash)."
    The march spy planes equipped with cameras and equipment to collect intelligence information one of the most important methods used by the US military in defining the objectives of the organization of the elements (Daash) and directing air strikes her.
    The aircraft also has the advantage of the march directing air strikes against targets (Daash) in Iraq carried out strikes as always, accompanied by fighter planes and bombers.
    It is noteworthy that the United States is leading an international coalition against al (Daash), in Iraq and Syria, as shown more countries wish to participate in this campaign, after growing risk regulation and the accession number of the citizens of these countries to the ranks of the organization and the fear of returning to carry out operations within these countries .
    And it launched the United States and coalition forces, more than 1,200 air strike in Iraq and Syria since August after being swept organization (Daash) to land in Iraq and Syria.
    The organization (Daash), dominated the city of Mosul, Nineveh province, (405 km north of Baghdad), in (the tenth of June 2014), and committed "atrocities" against components of religious and historical sites, promised local and internationalist views "crimes against humanity ".

https://www.almadapress.com/ar/news/4...B9%D8%B1%D8%A7

Minister of Oil: Oil and economic battle in Iraq not less important than fighting ISIS
    Saturday, 30 May 2015 12:35

Shafaq News / The Iraqi Minister of Oil , Adel Abdul Mahdi considered on Saturday paying attention to the oil sector and economic in general is not less important than the battles

waged by the security forces against the terrorist groups which control parts of the country, while stressing that the ministry continues in enactment of the oil and gas law to fill the "gap "between the producing provinces and the federal government in Baghdad.

"The oil and economic battle is not less important than fighting battles,” Mahdi said in a speech during the Third deliberative meeting to discuss the powers between the federal government and local governments in the oil and gas management, which was held in Maysan province, followed up by “Shafaq News”.

"you can see ISIS trying to seize Alas , Baiji and Albu Ajil oil fields to secure the needs of the fuel as well as to support terrorist operations to sell crude oil not less important for it from obtaining weapons , getting oil might be more important to ISIS ", praising the security forces , Popular Mobilization Units and Peshmerga which has managed over the past period to "ward off danger" of ISIS organization on the oil fields.

About the relation of the producing provinces with the federal government ,Abdul-Mahdi said that there are three axes to regulate the relations which is the relation of the provinces with the federal government, the relationship of the federal government with companies and their relationship (i.e., local and federal governments) with companies, including the foreign companies, as all these relations must be regulated.

He noted that "if there was an oil and gas law, there would not be a gap between the local governments and the federal government, we are serious in the ministry to correct this and enact this Act”.

Abdul-Mahdi said "all security and economic sectors and people's lives are related to oil exports, we are accredited on the basis of oil and should increase exports, all should know that any obstruction of the oil sector will directly affect the country."

He warned that "some companies want to underestimate the contracts concluded with them and even wants to withdraw and these companies are friends non-colonial as in the past, the companies are not charity and the introduction of social worker is an important part in the contracts with them," adding that " if relations between us and those companies tensed then this will affect our interests. "

The Minister of Oil stressed that the country is witnessing "a serious decline in various sectors, including industrial and agricultural, and we have seen in the recent crisis how the economic situation in the country became obvious when it is not based on those sectors."

https://english.shafaaq.com/politics/14558-minister-of-oil-oil-and-economic-battle-in-iraq-not-less-important-than-fighting-isis.html
    Last edited by RCookie-Legacy; 05-30-2015 at 10:47 AM.