" The Dinar Daily ", Thursday, 12 March 2015
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: " The Dinar Daily ", Thursday, 12 March 2015

" The Dinar Daily ", Thursday, 12 March 2015

The Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency in Economic Feasibility Studies

Below are the central controls related to the exchange rate of the foreign currency to convert the project inputs and outputs from foreign currency to its equivalent in the local currency, and that is by calculating the net discounted present value standard and the internal return on investments in economic analysis that governs investment projects that costs excess one million dinars.

Estimate the shadow price of foreign currency:

1. It is necessary to put central controls to amend the official exchange rate * to reflect the shadow price of the foreign currency, and that is considered one of the necessary requirements to implement the net discounted present value standard and the internal return rate on investment in the economic calculation stated in the instructions, paragraph nine.

The central controls for adjusting market prices distinguished a group of outputs and inputs traded internationally, where the projects production or usage of them is reflected on the abundance of foreign currency in the economy and thus project outputs or inputs used of such are considered purely foreign currency outputs or inputs.

* What is meant by exchange rate: the number of units of foreign currency, expressed in dollar per one dinar.In particular the following outputs and inputs of foreign currency were distinguished:

• Export-outputs.
    • Outputs marketed locally that substitute imports.
    • Imported inputs.
    • Inputs produced locally that usually go to exports.
    • Foreign labor.

According to the pricing rules the value of the output and input (traded) is calculated using export prices (FOB) and import prices (CIF), according to what is listed in the pricing rules.

In other words the pricing rules calculate what the project produces from foreign currency (quantity of exports multiplied by the export price (FOB) in foreign currency or the quantity of substitute imports multiplied by the import price (CIF) in foreign currency, as well as what the project uses from foreign currency and imported inputs multiplied by the import price (CIF) in foreign currency …. etc.).

In a later step, project outputs and inputs must be converted from the foreign currency to its equivalent in local currency (dinars) by using a specific exchange rate for the foreign currency.

2. Justifications for exchange-rate adjustment: there are a number of important and powerful arguments which support the view that the official exchange rate reduces the real value of foreign currency for purposes of calculating the economic national profitability for investment projects and hence for the purposes of investment planning. It is demonstrated in this context to call for assessing the dinar for less than (3.208) dollar (official exchange rate) when assessing project outputs and inputs of traded goods of exports, substitute imports and imports… etc.

The justifications to call for the use of an exchange rate that is lower than the official exchange rate are:

• The use of an exchange rate that is lower than the official rate is the appropriate action at the investment planning level to translate the country’s economic strategy aiming at stimulating central investments in the sectors that encourage the development of non-oil exports, as well as sectors that encourage the expansion of domestic production base in order to reduce imports and compensate it with local commodities. This helps to reduce reliance on foreign exchange earnings from crude oil exports and increases the share of non-oil sectors in the local production.
    • The application of the amended exchange rate on project imported inputs will assist in directing investments away from aggregated sectors dependent on imported inputs and the preference of those sectors that rely on locally produced inputs.
    • The use of the amended exchange rate helps to correct the balance in favor of the traded goods sectors compared to non-traded goods.
    • The real exchange rate has declined rapidly since the early seventies, through rapid rise of the level of prices and local costs which led by the steadiness of the official exchange rate to change in prices and actual local rate costs that gave an advantage for imported goods at the expense of locally produced goods, meaning that it led to deterioration of the competitiveness of alternative replacement goods and export commodities.
    • This action shows that the official exchange rate overestimates the value of the dinar, compared to the foreign currency and from the promoting goods substituting imports and export commodities point of view of.

And in support to this view is the state’s utilization and in a broad approach to the customs and quantitative protection policies especially for consumer goods, as well as export subsidies that exports have through an amended export exchange rate.

3. Estimate the amended exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar to be used in technical and economical feasibility studies and for (1.134) dollar per dinar. This price should be approved for 3 years until re-appreciation by the competent authorities.

The Republic of Iraq – Ministry of Planning

and

A "flashback recap" of a Live Q and A Call from about a year ago - on THE DAILY DINAR NEWS BLOG...

In general terms – there were three main focal points of interest I wanted to cover and then allow listeners to ask whatever questions they liked.

1) the SIGR report…

2) the Gold Article…

3) the IIER report…

I started the conversation out last night by highlighting how crazy this campaign being fielded to contact our lawmakers and bank CEO’s and tell them how unfair it is they are getting to exchange (exchange is the right terminology BTW – NOT “CASH-IN”) at 32.00 per Dinar and we are not – is. It is nuts.

Firstly, “they” are NOT being allowed to exchange “early” – or at 32.00 per Dinar. It makes you sound “stark raving MAD” to be caught saying such things. You would be better off barking at the moon. It is demeaning to the validity of a true currency play.

Secondly, this is entirely the wrong way to approach them. I pointed out on the call that Poppy and I fielded a very successful such campaign a couple of years ago. However, we sat down and came up with a much different approach. It was designed to get answers and to approach our lawmakers with respect and as their constituents. Not like a bunch of lunatics. We had extraordinary participation (because it made sense) and we received a good response from lawmakers. It started the conversation in a reasonable manner.

I asked one caller – “when was the last time you asked a banker for money and told him how unfair it was if he didn’t give it to you”??? Obviously – we chuckled…

Another caller asked me if (as DC had relayed) – the “zero’s were raised” and the lower denominations were in circulation??

I said plainly “no”…lower denominations being in circulation would (at the very least) imply there had been a value change. If there were no value change the lower denoms would not only be of little value, they would be such a hinderance – people might even throw them away just to get rid of them. So no – no lower denoms. I told the caller to check the
    CBI.iq website for “real” info on rate change.

The “zero’s being raised” or “deleted” – as explained by any reasonable researcher, economist or authority – is simply the process removing the large (3 zero notes) from circulation.

Referring to an Enorrste post from today on
    THE DINAR OBSERVER DAILY(you may want to put this on your favorites and check in several times a day – we to it often )

“…I have never found a single article from the CBI or the IMF that equates “delete the zeros” to the idea of “move the decimal point.” Instead, the statements overwhelmingly come out to mean “remove the large notes from circulation.”

Also – this recent internal memo put out by Wells Fargo is likely “push back” from this recent campaign. I pointed out that Pinnacle Bank published an article by an “affiliate” in their internal publication and then “highlighted it” in a similar internal memo a couple of years ago. It is just a defense mechanism. I’m sure Wells is tired of having their name dragged through the “internet rumor mill”. This is highly likely the reason for their vigorous denials about handling it in the future. They get so many useless calls – it isn’t worth the headache. Can you blame them??

Further, for any bank, lawmaker, adviser or official to state the “Dinar is a scam” is nearly as foolish as some of the internet “Gurus”. It is the official currency of a COUNTRY. I pointed out (below) the post from yesterday’s
    DINAR OBSERVER DAILY
    – highlights page 94 of the quarterly SIGR report to THE US CONGRESS in April of 2012…
    __________________________________________________ _____________

THIS REPORT WAS SENT TO CONGRESS LAST MAY. IT PLAINLY SHOWS IN THIS REPORT THEY EXPECTED THE DINAR TO REVALUE AT AROUND A DOLLAR IN 2013.

We are seeing and hearing that the inflation rate is still climbing and they are pushing to get us our money?? This report is from page 84 of the massive SIGR report.

BGG ~
    This is a screen shot from the “Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction” – Apr 2012, quarterly report to Congress. For members of our Government to say they have no idea what is going on here – means they haven’t read some very basic documents presented them.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

I pointed out (last night) this is a highly speculative investment. We are, in no way, guaranteed anything. However, this SIGR report gives us some valuable insights…

1) This is information given to the US CONGRESS on a quarterly basis… I find it hard to believe such an information source would intentionally mislead Congress. They tend to frown on such behavior. Which goes directly to the validity of this adventure – against all advice from Wells Fargo or other such naysayers.

2) It points out there having been a legitimate “plan” – or time frame in motion…having been projected to be done in 2013. We are obviously in “over time” now.

3) It gives us an idea as to who is in charge…the CoM – or Council of Ministers. Who do they answer to?? Maliki. Period. When is he likely to push this forward?? Historically – he has been a “weak Dinar” policy advocate. However, rumor from his own inner circle admits he can’t win a third term in office without some currency reform.

I fully expect him to use every tool in his “wheel house” to win – his recent moves in Anbar and the disputed territories prove as much. Currency reform has to be a “biggie”. Though this WAS their thinking a couple of months ago – there is no promise it is still part of their political calculus. We shall see.

4) Though no guarantee of the actual future plan they wind up engaging – this report points out an increase in value that would have taken the Dinar from “one-tenth of a cent” to a value “of slightly less than $1″..

__________________________________________________ ______________

AND

Coins put on the market !!

Nora Albjara member of the committee of economy and investment in the House of Representatives revealed that the central bank completed its preparations for the issuance of metal coins of seven small groups, in conjunction with the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes from the paper currency is currently in circulation.

She said in her statement Albjara "The project will take between four and five years, and which will be the launch of the categories of small coins gradually."

He predicted the financial expert Hilal Taan inflation rate declines, with the issuance of metal coins of small denominations in the daily financial transactions, remarkable that 3% of the value of inflation in Iraq due to the presence of large cash block.

The economic expert on behalf of Jamil Anton, noted that he may not find metal coins accepted by a lot of Iraqis, especially young people, due to the existence of an entire generation of Iraqis had not trading coins due to stop use since the early nineties of the twentieth century

waradana.com

And

CBI is preparing to issue a monetary metal parts

Metal coins from the category of 25 fils were in circulation until the nineties of the last century

Nora Albjara member of the committee of economy and investment in the House of Representatives revealed that the central bank completed its preparations for the issuance of metal coins of seven small groups, in conjunction with the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes from the paper currency is currently in circulation.

She said in her statement Albjara Radio Free Iraq, "said the project will take between four and five years, and which will be the launch of the categories of small coins gradually."

He predicted the financial expert Hilal Taan inflation rate declines, with the issuance of metal coins of small denominations in the daily financial transactions, remarkable that 3% of the value of inflation in Iraq due to the presence of large cash block.

The economic expert on behalf of Jamil Anton, noted that he may not find coins accepted by a lot of Iraqis, especially young people, due to the existence of an entire generation of Iraqis had not trading coins due to stop use since the early nineties of the twentieth century.

https://www.iraqhurr.org/content/article/26666313.html

and

Another "FLASHBACK"...

Economists Divided Over Deletion Of Zeros

By Amina al-Dahabi for Al-Monitor.

The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) has been attempting to delete three zeros from the Iraqi currency since 2003. This project has raised many concerns among the Iraqi public and within the business community, and Iraqi economists are divided…

…Haider al-Abadi, the head of the Iraqi parliamentary Finance Committee, told Al-Monitor that while deleting zeros from the current currency is possible, this has been postponed until after parliamentary elections. He noted that studies are being carried out to ensure that, following the currency change, counterfeiting is limited and that Iraqis don’t go back to trading in the old currency.

The step to delete zeros from the currency has been postponed several times, leading the parliamentary Economic Committee to demand that the CBI accelerate this project, as Al-Sharqiya reported. In a news conference held July 6, the Economic Committee confirmed that the deletion of zeros will lead to an increase in the value of the Iraqi dinar and will have positive repercussions, including a reduction in unemployment and poverty rates in the country.

ARTICLE LINK

Crush Expected When Kuwaiti Banks Reopen Today

March 24, 1991|From Reuters

KUWAIT CITY, Kuwait — Thousands of Kuwaitis are expected to jam the country's banks today when they open for the first time since the end of the Iraqi occupation.

Customers will be allowed to withdraw funds and to swap pre-invasion money for a new currency issued to make more than $1 billion in pre-invasion dinars stolen by the Iraqis worthless.

"We expect a rush of people," said Issam Asousi, an executive with the Bank of Kuwait. He said it could be a chaotic first week because customers have a lot of questions about their accounts.

Kuwaiti banks continued operating during the seven-month Iraqi occupation under managers brought in from Iraq, but they have been closed since the U.S.-led alliance ousted the Iraqi army from Kuwait a month ago.

When the banks reopen today, customers will be able to withdraw up to 4,000 Kuwaiti dinars, equivalent to about $14,000 at pre-invasion exchange rates from their accounts, and to exchange a like amount for foreign currency.

Balances of customers' accounts will go back to what they were on Aug. 1, a day before the invasion.

Clients will not be able to exchange Iraqi currency issued during the occupation, when Baghdad pegged the rates of the strong Kuwaiti dinar to the far less valuable Iraqi dinar.

The new Kuwaiti money will be exchanged for old at a one-to-one rate.

https://articles.latimes.com/1991-03-..._kuwaiti-banks

BGG ~ Thanks to wmawhite for some facts on the subject.

Hi BGG,

Just thought I would drop you an email. I listened to the call, and was interested in what was said about Kuwait, if I may - I will add my 2 cents worth.

You were spot on with what you said, I have a close friend who's father made a killing on the KWD. He bought from people who had fled the country and he paid pennies on the dollar (we are in Australia). He took the chance that Iraq would be kicked back out and he was right.

When the money was reinstated, he exchanged it for AUD at a rate in the mid 3s. The interesting thing about it is, Iraq invaded in November 1990 (I think), they were kicked back out at the end of Feb 1991, the banks reopened with a brand new KWD in late March, that's not a bad time frame to get a currency designed, printed and made ready to use, also the time that the old KWD was valid was initially only for 2 months, then extended to 6, so it was valid until Sept 1991, interesting I think.

Also the other thing that seems to be a "fact" in Dinar land is Bill Clinton used the Kuwait RV to pay off the debt. However, Clinton was not President in 91, he did not take office until 93, even I know that and I am an Aussie.

Anyway thanks for the site and enjoy listening to your calls.

Kind Regards,
    Kevin

Re: " The Dinar Daily ", Thursday, 12 March 2015

CURRENCY CODE SELL BUY

US dollar USD 1166.000 1164.000

CURRENCY CODE SELL BUY
    US dollar USD 1166.000 1164.000
    Euro EUR 1233.395 1232.778
    British pound GBP 1755.180 1754.302
    Canadian dollar CAD 913.507 913.050
    Swiss franc CHF 1159.046 1158.466
    Swedish krona SEK 135.975 135.907
    Norwegian krone NOK 142.473 142.402
    Danish krone DKK 165.355 165.272
    Japanese yen JPY 9.619 9.614
    Special
    Drawing Rights
    SDR 1603.460 1602.658

Indicative rates - 12.03.2015

https://www.cbi.iq/

Parliament resumes its session Thursday

Thursday, 12 March 2015 10:16

Baghdad (AIN) –Parliament will resume its session today on Thursday.

A statement by Parliament Media office received by All Iraq News Agency cited "The session involves conducting the first reading of four law drafts and the second reading for three others."

https://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index....-thursday.html

and

Parliament Thursday session starts

Thursday, 12 March 2015 11:56

Baghdad (AIN) –The parliament session of Thursday has started.

Parliamentary source stated to AIN "The parliament session headed by the Speaker, Saleem al-Jobouri, and was attended by 217 MPs to read several laws."

https://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index....on-starts.html

and

Parliament postpones vote on candidates for heading Federal Cassation Court

Thursday, 12 March 2015 12:48

Baghdad (AIN) –Parliament postponed vote on the candidates nominated to head the Federal Cassation Court and the Committee of Prosecutor General during its Thursday session, according to MP Razaq Mhiebis of the Iraqi National Alliance.

https://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index....ion-court.html

and

Parliament session adjourned till next Saturday

Thursday, 12 March 2015 15:08

Baghdad (AIN) -The parliament adjourned its session until next Saturday.

Parliamentary source told AIN "The parliament has adjourned its regular session of today until next Saturday after it discussed several law drafts."

https://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index....saturday-.html
    Last edited by chattels; 03-12-2015 at 12:22 PM.

ISF, volunteers completely control Tikrit, says Local Official

Thursday, 12 March 2015 10:52

Salah-il-Din (AIN) –The Local Security Committee in Salah-il-Din emphasized that Tikrit has completely been controlled.

The Deputy Chairman of the Committee, Khalid Al-Khazrji, said to AIN that "The Iraqi forces have completely controlled over Tikrit and killed some of the terrorists of the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant and some of them ran away yet some are still in the town."

Al-Khazrji emphasized that "The operation of liberating Tikrit has successfully been finished with less casualties," adding that "Some car bombs and bombs that were left by the ISIL will be dismantled."

The Iraqi forces and the volunteers of popular mobilization controlled over the centre of Tikrit after liberating most of its districts in Salah-il-Din in military operation started on 1st of February known as "Labyk Ya Rasul Allah".

Sulaimani forum debates ISIS, refugees and independence

Hoshyar Zebari, an ethnic Kurd and Iraq’s finance minister, speaks on the opening day of the Sulaimani Forum.

SULAIMANI, Kurdistan Region – The war with Islamic State (ISIS) and its impact on the region dominates the final day of a high-profile forum in Iraqi Kurdistan, whose forces are in the forefront of the conflict.

The Third Annual Sulaimani Forum, a joint effort between the American University of Iraq-Sulaimani (AUIS) and the Institute of Regional and International Studies, opens Thursday with an expert panel discussing the topic “Strategy to Defeat Daesh: End Game or Seeds of New Conflict?”

The brutal rise of ISIS, also called Daesh by its Arabic acronym, has grabbed the world’s attention, while in the Kurdistan Region, as forum participants have pointed out, the threat is virtually on the doorstep with an active frontline with the militants stretching hundreds of kilometers.

The panel to discuss strategy for defeating ISIS includes Iraqi Vice President Osama al-Nujafi, Iraq’s National Security Advisor Faleh Fayhadh and Brett McGurk, the US deputy presidential envoy for the global coalition to fight ISIS.

The following panel tackles an equally pressing and related issue: the influx of refugees and humanitarian problems created by ISIS. Kurdistan is straining under the burden of 1.4 million displaced people and refugees. The United Nations has called the refugee crisis from the Syrian civil war “the biggest humanitarian emergency of our era.”

The panel, working under the title “Syria, Iraq conflicts: Humanitarian Crisis for the Ages,” includes Suliamani Governor Aso Fereydoon and Abdullah Al-Dardari, deputy executive secretary of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia.

Angus McKee, consul general of the United Kingdom to the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), and Choman Hardi, assistant professor at AUIS, also are part of the panel.

The forum’s final discussion focuses on “Emerging Kurdish Dynamics: Regional Implications and Turmoil.”

The expert participants scheduled to take part include Saleh Muslim, co-chair of the Democratic Union Party (PYD), and Kamran Karadaghi, former chief of staff for President Jalal Talabani.

Joost Hilterman, program director for the Middle East and North Africa International Crisis Group, are taking part, along with Hafize Ipek, co-chair of the Peace and Democracy Party.

https://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/12032015
    Last edited by pinkadonai1; 03-12-2015 at 10:43 AM.

Economic parliamentary: corruption cause deterioration of the investment in Iraq

The Commission on Economy and Investment, on Thursday, that the administrative and financial corruption is the main reason behind the deterioration and lack of investment boom in Iraq.

Said committee member Najiba Najib told / information /, "The committee has two approaches to address the investment, first, legislation investment law, which is a guarantee to reduce the incidence of corruption, in addition to granting powers to the authorities to invest in the provinces, while the second approach is the accountability of both demonstrate evidence it for his involvement Bmsilvat corruption. "

She added that "the investment law in the process of second reading in the House of Representatives, and took the opinions and suggestions of members of parliament, and we are still continuing to listen to the concerned authorities, industrial sectors such as the different companies."

She noted that the "financial and administrative corruption is the main reason behind the deterioration and lack of investment boom in Iraq, and we will work to restore growth and prosperity for the betterment of the Iraqi economy." Finished / 25 T.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&tl=en&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D3608710&usg=ALkJrhhzykfH6dYsBK_bErjOIBqIjk-U9g
    Last edited by pinkadonai1; 03-12-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Zebari is threatening to quit the government if the money was not sent to Kurdistan

Arbil - ((eighth day)) Threatened Finance Minister Hoshiyar Zebari, leaving his work in the central government in Baghdad in the event of the financial budget for the Kurdistan region did not send to Erbil.

Zebari spoke through his participation in the Third Forum of Sulaymaniyah, which is held annually at the American University, which was launched, yesterday, on the relationship between Erbil and Baghdad's financial problems.

Zebari said that "oil is the only source of revenue for the Iraqi government, and must find alternative sources for dispensing oil."

He pointed out that "the Kurdistan Regional Government demanding their share of the budget and planned by 17% ', pointing out that he will leave Baghdad if Baghdad failed to send the region's share."

Minister of Kurdistan, said that "Iraq is not facing bankruptcy but it needs to be managed better, and that the billions of the money goes to staff salaries, adding that most of the services are free, stressing the need to put taxes". | ST |

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&tl=en&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D3608811&usg=ALkJrhgSDoAIrZeTmD6SFDrlcPUCcwxJsA
    Last edited by pinkadonai1; 03-12-2015 at 10:46 AM.

President Barzani: Kurdish independence delayed, not abandoned

WASHINGTON DC – Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani told the American PBS television that the war with Islamic State (ISIS) has only delayed the Kurdish bid for independence, a goal he vowed the Kurds would pursue to the end.

In the wide-ranging interview that also touched on the fight for Mosul and captured Peshmerga fighters, the president also reiterated a call for more and better weapons to confront ISIS and said Erbil had no problem with Iranian involvement in the fighting.

Asked about Kurdish aspirations of independence, he said there would be no “retreat from it,” but that the process would be peaceful.

“The conflict delayed this process but the process is still valid,” he told PBS. “We are not going to abandon it. We are going to do it through dialogue. We are going to talk to Baghdad about it,” the president added. “The process is still valid and we are not going to retreat from it.”

He stressed that the process would be measured: “We need to study, we need to use wisdom, we need to be united; we can’t use force, we cannot shed any blood.”

Before an ISIS attack on the Kurdistan Region in August that pulled the Kurdish Peshmerga forces into a fierce war with the Sunni Muslim militants, Barzani had seriously floated the idea of independence at a time of growing strains with the central government in Baghdad.

The United States has been a staunch opponent of the Kurds breaking away from Baghdad, but the Kurds’ frontline role in the war with ISIS has raised Erbil’s international profile and international backing for independence.

Jaafar Eminiki, deputy speaker of the Kurdistan parliament, said last week that more than two dozen countries have expressed support for a potential Kurdish state should the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) declare independence.

In an interview with Breitbart News this week, US senator and possible 2016 presidential candidate Rand Paul suggested a change in US policy, saying the Kurds should be promised their own homeland. “I would draw new lines for Kurdistan and I would promise them a country,” he said.

He also added that Iraq’s Kurds should be armed directly by the US-led coalition in the war against ISIS, instead of weapons funneled through Baghdad.

In the PBS interview, Barzani also called for more and better weapons.

“We are satisfied with the air support,” said Barzani, referring to air strikes by US-led coalition forces in support of Peshmerga forces on the ground.

“We are getting good support, but in reality and to this present moment we have the same view as in the past on arming and equipping the Peshmerga forces with the right weapons: it is not to the standard that we want,” he said.

Asked whether the Kurds were worried about Iranian involvement in the fight against ISIS alongside the Baghdad-backed Shiite militia, Barzani said that anyone fighting the radical group was considered an ally.

“We have a principle: wherever we can strike ISIS we are not going to hold back,” he said. “Whoever will take part and help us attack ISIS we will thank them. Right now I do not share that concern -- if you are asking me about helping to fight and defeat ISIS. What happens after that we can’t predict.”

Iran has been playing an open role in the wars in Iraq and Syria, admitting to military advisors in both countries.

The Kurdish president told PBS special correspondent Jane Arraf that the Peshmerga forces were willing to assist any Iraqi force in the fight for Mosul, which ISIS captured in June, but that the Kurds would not go at it alone.

“If there is a program to liberate Mosul or anywhere else that is on the doorstep of the Kurdistan Region, we can study the situation,” Barzani said. “In principle, we have no objection to helping the Iraqi military forces, the (Shiite) Popular Mobilization Forces or the Sunni forces,” he added.

“If they have a program we will help and support them. We are not going to do anything on our own,” he said.

Barzani explained that the war with ISIS was like no other war the Kurds have fought, adding that the Peshmerga had still managed to “defeat and tarnish the image of ISIS.”

The Kurdish president said he would try to secure the release of some 21 Peshmerga soldiers currently held captive by ISIS in Iraq.

“Of course, it is very sad to see a group of them (Peshmerga) falling into the hand of ISIS,” he said. “Of course it is very sad and it hurts me a great deal personally. We will try our utmost to free them. But if it doesn’t materialize we will classify them as martyrs and the number of our martyrs will increase.”

Well over 1,000 Peshmerga soldiers have been killed in the fighting with ISIS, some of them murderously beheaded and their killings shown in videos released by the radicals.

https://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/120320151
    Last edited by pinkadonai1; 03-12-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Allawi Describes Iranian Interference In Iraq As A Provocation To The Region And The International Coalition

BAGHDAD / NINA / Vice President, Iyad Allawi
    described the Iranian interference in Iraq as a provocation to the region and the international coalition.

Allawi warned in a newspaper interview of "growing Iranian role in Iraq and Tehran's claims that without Iran, Daash would have had dominated Damascus, Baghdad and Erbil, saying these allegations are major provocation to the region and the International Coalition. ".

He stressed that "there are some Iranian leaders in Iraq and they form a major burden on the future of the political process in Iraq, despite the presence of advisers from various countries."

Allawi said that "things are not clear with regard to Iran's growing influence and its interventions in the fighting," adding that" Iranian political influence is clear in Iraq, but the military influence is not clear yet.".

He stressed "the need to differentiate between the popular defense forces and armed militias, where the presence of militias does not help to stabilize the situation in the country, and does not resolve the battles properly," adding that "the cohesion of the Iraqi people and lineup in the same trench, is the only way to eliminate any security (loose could occur / after defeat of Daash from Iraq.'

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed that "Iraq will not allow any interfere in its internal affairs or national sovereignty.".

Foreign Affairs in a statement expressed surprise "of the statements attributed to Sheikh Ali Yonsei Iranian President for Religious Affairs Adviser and minorities on Iraq.".

Foreign Ministry expressed disapproval of such irresponsible statements, asserting that" Iraq is a sovereign state governed by its people and maintains positive relations with all neighboring countries, including Iran. "

The Iranian president's advisor, Ali Yonsei said in a press statement that Iran today has become an empire as it was throughout history, and its capital, Baghdad now, which is Center of our civilization, our culture and our identity today as it was in the past, ". *
    https://ninanews.com/Website/News_Details.aspx?EcS7RLgOX8jpnak2iMkE3w%253d%253d

and
    * Rouhani adviser denies he called for Iran's return to empire
    Ali Younesi, President Hassan Rouhani’s adviser on Ethnic and Religious Minorities affairs, has issued a clarification about his comments suggesting a union between regional countries. His words had sparked criticism from the Arab-language media, which construed them as reviving Iran’s ancient empire. A former Iranian vice president who was at the conference also spoke out against Younesi's comments.

Saudi Arabian-funded Al-Arabiya incorrectly reported that Younesi had said, “Iran today has become an empire like it used to be through history, and its capital is now Baghdad.

That is the center of our civilization and our culture and our identity today, as it has been in the past.” CNN Arabic wrote in their headline that Younesi said, “Iran is an empire and its capital is Iraq. We protect the region from Wahhabis, neo-Ottomans and atheists.” Though the first sentence in the CNN Arabic is incorrectly translated, Younessi did say in the March 8 conference that Iran was helping to protect the region from Wahhabi, takfiri, Zionist and Western domination. The Al-Arabiya article was tweeted over 3,000 times and shared on Facebook by over 4,000 people.

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2015/03/iran-iraq-rouhani-advisor-empire.html#ixzz3U9W9Ajl9

Nineveh Morgue receives 51 corpses of ISIL terrorists

Nineveh (AIN)
    –A source in Nineveh province mentioned that the Morgue in the province has received 51 corpses of the terrorists of Islamic State of Iraq and Levant.

The source told AIN "The terrorists of ISIL have been killed during fighting the Iraqi forces and the volunteers of popular mobilization in Kirkuk and Salah-il-Din."

https://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php/security-news/65551-nineveh-morgue-receives-51-corpses-of-isil-terrorists.html

and

Security Forces Progressing In Tikrit, Face Limit Resistance

11/03/2015 13:16

BAGHDAD / NINA / A security source in Salahuddin said the security forces, supported by the popular defense forces and the sons of the tribes are progressing from four directions smoothly and facing limited resistance in Tikrit.

The source said in a press statement that "the areas under the control of the security forces now are Tikrit Hospital, Valley of Chichen, and the industrial district, as well as the northern side of the al-Qadisiyah area, and the military hospital."

The source continued, "The military units in constant progress," adding that "the areas east of Tikrit are fully liberated from the slot bridge in the far east of the province to the limits of the capital Baghdad," .

https://ninanews.com/Website/News_Details.aspx?DieU%252bubIyd0Xrc68QsEdAg%253d% 253d

COMMENT : I STATED AS MUCH YESTERDAY AND THE " BODY COUNT " CONFIRMS THE SAME I THINK. - chattels

" it is a over staffed mine removal operation, IMO. " - chattels

" a public opinion enhancement action." - chattels

" no air cover needed for land mine resistance " - chattels
    Last edited by chattels; 03-12-2015 at 10:56 AM.