The Dinar Daily, Wednesday February 4, 2015
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dinar Daily, Wednesday February 4, 2015

The Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency in Economic Feasibility Studies

Below are the central controls related to the exchange rate of the foreign currency to convert the project inputs and outputs from foreign currency to its equivalent in the local currency, and that is by calculating the net discounted present value standard and the internal return on investments in economic analysis that governs investment projects that costs excess one million dinars.

Estimate the shadow price of foreign currency:

1. It is necessary to put central controls to amend the official exchange rate * to reflect the shadow price of the foreign currency, and that is considered one of the necessary requirements to implement the net discounted present value standard and the internal return rate on investment in the economic calculation stated in the instructions, paragraph nine.

The central controls for adjusting market prices distinguished a group of outputs and inputs traded internationally, where the projects production or usage of them is reflected on the abundance of foreign currency in the economy and thus project outputs or inputs used of such are considered purely foreign currency outputs or inputs.

* What is meant by exchange rate: the number of units of foreign currency, expressed in dollar per one dinar.In particular the following outputs and inputs of foreign currency were distinguished:

• Export-outputs.
    • Outputs marketed locally that substitute imports.
    • Imported inputs.
    • Inputs produced locally that usually go to exports.
    • Foreign labor.

According to the pricing rules the value of the output and input (traded) is calculated using export prices (FOB) and import prices (CIF), according to what is listed in the pricing rules.

In other words the pricing rules calculate what the project produces from foreign currency (quantity of exports multiplied by the export price (FOB) in foreign currency or the quantity of substitute imports multiplied by the import price (CIF) in foreign currency, as well as what the project uses from foreign currency and imported inputs multiplied by the import price (CIF) in foreign currency …. etc.).

In a later step, project outputs and inputs must be converted from the foreign currency to its equivalent in local currency (dinars) by using a specific exchange rate for the foreign currency.

2. Justifications for exchange-rate adjustment: there are a number of important and powerful arguments which support the view that the official exchange rate reduces the real value of foreign currency for purposes of calculating the economic national profitability for investment projects and hence for the purposes of investment planning. It is demonstrated in this context to call for assessing the dinar for less than (3.208) dollar (official exchange rate) when assessing project outputs and inputs of traded goods of exports, substitute imports and imports… etc.

The justifications to call for the use of an exchange rate that is lower than the official exchange rate are:

• The use of an exchange rate that is lower than the official rate is the appropriate action at the investment planning level to translate the country’s economic strategy aiming at stimulating central investments in the sectors that encourage the development of non-oil exports, as well as sectors that encourage the expansion of domestic production base in order to reduce imports and compensate it with local commodities. This helps to reduce reliance on foreign exchange earnings from crude oil exports and increases the share of non-oil sectors in the local production.
    • The application of the amended exchange rate on project imported inputs will assist in directing investments away from aggregated sectors dependent on imported inputs and the preference of those sectors that rely on locally produced inputs.
    • The use of the amended exchange rate helps to correct the balance in favor of the traded goods sectors compared to non-traded goods.
    • The real exchange rate has declined rapidly since the early seventies, through rapid rise of the level of prices and local costs which led by the steadiness of the official exchange rate to change in prices and actual local rate costs that gave an advantage for imported goods at the expense of locally produced goods, meaning that it led to deterioration of the competitiveness of alternative replacement goods and export commodities.
    • This action shows that the official exchange rate overestimates the value of the dinar, compared to the foreign currency and from the promoting goods substituting imports and export commodities point of view of.

And in support to this view is the state’s utilization and in a broad approach to the customs and quantitative protection policies especially for consumer goods, as well as export subsidies that exports have through an amended export exchange rate.

3. Estimate the amended exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar to be used in technical and economical feasibility studies and for (1.134) dollar per dinar. This price should be approved for 3 years until re-appreciation by the competent authorities.

The Republic of Iraq – Ministry of Planning

and

A "flashback recap" of a Live Q and A Call from about a year ago - on THE DAILY DINAR NEWS BLOG...

In general terms – there were three main focal points of interest I wanted to cover and then allow listeners to ask whatever questions they liked.

1) the SIGR report…

2) the Gold Article…

3) the IIER report…

I started the conversation out last night by highlighting how crazy this campaign being fielded to contact our lawmakers and bank CEO’s and tell them how unfair it is they are getting to exchange (exchange is the right terminology BTW – NOT “CASH-IN”) at 32.00 per Dinar and we are not – is. It is nuts.

Firstly, “they” are NOT being allowed to exchange “early” – or at 32.00 per Dinar. It makes you sound “stark raving MAD” to be caught saying such things. You would be better off barking at the moon. It is demeaning to the validity of a true currency play.

Secondly, this is entirely the wrong way to approach them. I pointed out on the call that Poppy and I fielded a very successful such campaign a couple of years ago. However, we sat down and came up with a much different approach. It was designed to get answers and to approach our lawmakers with respect and as their constituents. Not like a bunch of lunatics. We had extraordinary participation (because it made sense) and we received a good response from lawmakers. It started the conversation in a reasonable manner.

I asked one caller – “when was the last time you asked a banker for money and told him how unfair it was if he didn’t give it to you”??? Obviously – we chuckled…

Another caller asked me if (as DC had relayed) – the “zero’s were raised” and the lower denominations were in circulation??

I said plainly “no”…lower denominations being in circulation would (at the very least) imply there had been a value change. If there were no value change the lower denoms would not only be of little value, they would be such a hinderance – people might even throw them away just to get rid of them. So no – no lower denoms. I told the caller to check the
    CBI.iq website for “real” info on rate change.

The “zero’s being raised” or “deleted” – as explained by any reasonable researcher, economist or authority – is simply the process removing the large (3 zero notes) from circulation.

Referring to an Enorrste post from today on
    THE DINAR OBSERVER DAILY(you may want to put this on your favorites and check in several times a day – we to it often )

“…I have never found a single article from the CBI or the IMF that equates “delete the zeros” to the idea of “move the decimal point.” Instead, the statements overwhelmingly come out to mean “remove the large notes from circulation.”

Also – this recent internal memo put out by Wells Fargo is likely “push back” from this recent campaign. I pointed out that Pinnacle Bank published an article by an “affiliate” in their internal publication and then “highlighted it” in a similar internal memo a couple of years ago. It is just a defense mechanism. I’m sure Wells is tired of having their name dragged through the “internet rumor mill”. This is highly likely the reason for their vigorous denials about handling it in the future. They get so many useless calls – it isn’t worth the headache. Can you blame them??

Further, for any bank, lawmaker, adviser or official to state the “Dinar is a scam” is nearly as foolish as some of the internet “Gurus”. It is the official currency of a COUNTRY. I pointed out (below) the post from yesterday’s
    DINAR OBSERVER DAILY
    – highlights page 94 of the quarterly SIGR report to THE US CONGRESS in April of 2012…
    __________________________________________________ _____________

THIS REPORT WAS SENT TO CONGRESS LAST MAY. IT PLAINLY SHOWS IN THIS REPORT THEY EXPECTED THE DINAR TO REVALUE AT AROUND A DOLLAR IN 2013.

We are seeing and hearing that the inflation rate is still climbing and they are pushing to get us our money?? This report is from page 84 of the massive SIGR report.

BGG ~
    This is a screen shot from the “Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction” – Apr 2012, quarterly report to Congress. For members of our Government to say they have no idea what is going on here – means they haven’t read some very basic documents presented them.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

I pointed out (last night) this is a highly speculative investment. We are, in no way, guaranteed anything. However, this SIGR report gives us some valuable insights…

1) This is information given to the US CONGRESS on a quarterly basis… I find it hard to believe such an information source would intentionally mislead Congress. They tend to frown on such behavior. Which goes directly to the validity of this adventure – against all advice from Wells Fargo or other such naysayers.

2) It points out there having been a legitimate “plan” – or time frame in motion…having been projected to be done in 2013. We are obviously in “over time” now.

3) It gives us an idea as to who is in charge…the CoM – or Council of Ministers. Who do they answer to?? Maliki. Period. When is he likely to push this forward?? Historically – he has been a “weak Dinar” policy advocate. However, rumor from his own inner circle admits he can’t win a third term in office without some currency reform.

I fully expect him to use every tool in his “wheel house” to win – his recent moves in Anbar and the disputed territories prove as much. Currency reform has to be a “biggie”. Though this WAS their thinking a couple of months ago – there is no promise it is still part of their political calculus. We shall see.

4) Though no guarantee of the actual future plan they wind up engaging – this report points out an increase in value that would have taken the Dinar from “one-tenth of a cent” to a value “of slightly less than $1″..

__________________________________________________ ______________

AND

Coins put on the market !!

Nora Albjara member of the committee of economy and investment in the House of Representatives revealed that the central bank completed its preparations for the issuance of metal coins of seven small groups, in conjunction with the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes from the paper currency is currently in circulation.

She said in her statement Albjara "The project will take between four and five years, and which will be the launch of the categories of small coins gradually."

He predicted the financial expert Hilal Taan inflation rate declines, with the issuance of metal coins of small denominations in the daily financial transactions, remarkable that 3% of the value of inflation in Iraq due to the presence of large cash block.

The economic expert on behalf of Jamil Anton, noted that he may not find metal coins accepted by a lot of Iraqis, especially young people, due to the existence of an entire generation of Iraqis had not trading coins due to stop use since the early nineties of the twentieth century

waradana.com

And

CBI is preparing to issue a monetary metal parts

Metal coins from the category of 25 fils were in circulation until the nineties of the last century

Nora Albjara member of the committee of economy and investment in the House of Representatives revealed that the central bank completed its preparations for the issuance of metal coins of seven small groups, in conjunction with the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes from the paper currency is currently in circulation.

She said in her statement Albjara Radio Free Iraq, "said the project will take between four and five years, and which will be the launch of the categories of small coins gradually."

He predicted the financial expert Hilal Taan inflation rate declines, with the issuance of metal coins of small denominations in the daily financial transactions, remarkable that 3% of the value of inflation in Iraq due to the presence of large cash block.

The economic expert on behalf of Jamil Anton, noted that he may not find coins accepted by a lot of Iraqis, especially young people, due to the existence of an entire generation of Iraqis had not trading coins due to stop use since the early nineties of the twentieth century.

https://www.iraqhurr.org/content/article/26666313.html

and

Another "FLASHBACK"...

Economists Divided Over Deletion Of Zeros

By Amina al-Dahabi for Al-Monitor.

The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) has been attempting to delete three zeros from the Iraqi currency since 2003. This project has raised many concerns among the Iraqi public and within the business community, and Iraqi economists are divided…

…Haider al-Abadi, the head of the Iraqi parliamentary Finance Committee, told Al-Monitor that while deleting zeros from the current currency is possible, this has been postponed until after parliamentary elections. He noted that studies are being carried out to ensure that, following the currency change, counterfeiting is limited and that Iraqis don’t go back to trading in the old currency.

The step to delete zeros from the currency has been postponed several times, leading the parliamentary Economic Committee to demand that the CBI accelerate this project, as Al-Sharqiya reported. In a news conference held July 6, the Economic Committee confirmed that the deletion of zeros will lead to an increase in the value of the Iraqi dinar and will have positive repercussions, including a reduction in unemployment and poverty rates in the country.

ARTICLE LINK

Crush Expected When Kuwaiti Banks Reopen Today

March 24, 1991|From Reuters

KUWAIT CITY, Kuwait — Thousands of Kuwaitis are expected to jam the country's banks today when they open for the first time since the end of the Iraqi occupation.

Customers will be allowed to withdraw funds and to swap pre-invasion money for a new currency issued to make more than $1 billion in pre-invasion dinars stolen by the Iraqis worthless.

"We expect a rush of people," said Issam Asousi, an executive with the Bank of Kuwait. He said it could be a chaotic first week because customers have a lot of questions about their accounts.

Kuwaiti banks continued operating during the seven-month Iraqi occupation under managers brought in from Iraq, but they have been closed since the U.S.-led alliance ousted the Iraqi army from Kuwait a month ago.

When the banks reopen today, customers will be able to withdraw up to 4,000 Kuwaiti dinars, equivalent to about $14,000 at pre-invasion exchange rates from their accounts, and to exchange a like amount for foreign currency.

Balances of customers' accounts will go back to what they were on Aug. 1, a day before the invasion.

Clients will not be able to exchange Iraqi currency issued during the occupation, when Baghdad pegged the rates of the strong Kuwaiti dinar to the far less valuable Iraqi dinar.

The new Kuwaiti money will be exchanged for old at a one-to-one rate.

https://articles.latimes.com/1991-03-..._kuwaiti-banks

BGG ~ Thanks to wmawhite for some facts on the subject.

Hi BGG,

Just thought I would drop you an email. I listened to the call, and was interested in what was said about Kuwait, if I may - I will add my 2 cents worth.

You were spot on with what you said, I have a close friend who's father made a killing on the KWD. He bought from people who had fled the country and he paid pennies on the dollar (we are in Australia). He took the chance that Iraq would be kicked back out and he was right.

When the money was reinstated, he exchanged it for AUD at a rate in the mid 3s. The interesting thing about it is, Iraq invaded in November 1990 (I think), they were kicked back out at the end of Feb 1991, the banks reopened with a brand new KWD in late March, that's not a bad time frame to get a currency designed, printed and made ready to use, also the time that the old KWD was valid was initially only for 2 months, then extended to 6, so it was valid until Sept 1991, interesting I think.

Also the other thing that seems to be a "fact" in Dinar land is Bill Clinton used the Kuwait RV to pay off the debt. However, Clinton was not President in 91, he did not take office until 93, even I know that and I am an Aussie.

Anyway thanks for the site and enjoy listening to your calls.

Kind Regards,
    Kevin

Re: The Dinar Daily, Wednesday February 4, 2015

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (2880)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 04-02-2015 results were as follows:

DETAILS NOTES
    Number of banks 23
    Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1166
    Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----
    Amount sold at auction price (US$) 69,611,000
    Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----
    Total offers for buying (US$) 69,611,000
    Total offers for selling (US$) -----
    Market Rate 1238
    Last edited by sczin11; 02-04-2015 at 10:48 AM.

National reconciliation conference news thread

ALL POSTS REGARDING THE SUBJECT TITLE ARE WELCOME AND THIS WILL BE A CONTINUING THREAD, BUT ESPECIALLY CONFERENCE CONTENT AND TIMING

WHAT IS THIS " NATIONAL RECONCILIATION " ?

'How This Ends':
    Iraq's Uncertain Path toward National Reconciliation
    Michael Eisenstadt and Ahmed Ali
    Also available in العربية
    Policy #1553
    July 17, 2009
    During Iraqi prime minister Nouri al-Maliki's visit to Washington next week, the Obama administration will likely seek to reinvigorate that country's flagging reconciliation process as part of ongoing efforts to establish a stable political order in Iraq. Progress, however, continues to be hindered by ongoing violence, deep-seated suspicions, and partisan politics, raising questions about the ultimate prospects for national reconciliation.

Reconciliation and Postconflict Stability

The process by which war-torn societies heal is imperfectly understood. Experience, however, suggests that societies undertaking a formal reconciliation process to consolidate domestic peace agreements have a better chance of avoiding further civil conflict than those that do not.

Before 2003, U.S. and Iraqi thinking about reconciliation focused largely on the legacy of Saddam Hussein. Today, after six years of insurgency and civil war, reconciliation must also deal with the legacy of violence among ethnosectarian groups, and between former insurgents and the Iraqi government.

Successful reconciliation efforts, such as those in Argentina, Chile, El Salvador, Honduras, Mozambique, South Africa, and Uruguay, require courageous and visionary leadership, and often involve the following elements:

Truth telling, which permits victims to share traumas and perpetrators to acknowledge guilt
    Redefining social identities by portraying both victims and perpetrators as fellow citizens
    Partial justice, where victims are compensated and at least some of the perpetrators are punished
    Public events that promote forgiveness and new beginnings
    Most of these aspects, however, are missing from Iraq's flawed reconciliation process, which encompasses a diverse array of activities involving a broad array of actors -- the Iraqi and U.S. governments, nongovernmental and international organizations (NGOs and IOs), and neighboring states. These activities are often based on divergent assumptions about the nature of reconciliation and the means to achieving it.

U.S. Efforts

Since 2003, the United States has promoted reconciliation through the following activities:

Working to incorporate Sunni Arabs into the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) and the political process
    Making amends for the inadvertent killing of Iraqi civilians by offering apologies and compensation
    Engaging "reconcilable" elements in the Sunni Arab insurgency that are willing to join the political process
    Mending ties between estranged communities (Sunnis and Shiites, Arabs and Kurds) by organizing meetings to address common problems
    Pressing the Iraqi government to legislate the integration of former insurgents and disenfranchised communities into the political process
    Documenting property claims and disputes
    A tendency to view Iraq almost exclusively through an ethnosectarian prism undermined early U.S. reconciliation efforts and unwittingly contributed to the polarization of Iraqi society. Inadequate resourcing, a lack of interagency coordination, and a refusal to talk with insurgents also hindered these efforts.

The U.S. took a new approach in the runup to and during the 2007 troop surge, when the U.S. military opted to work with former insurgents from various Awakening groups, known as Sons of Iraq (SOI), to fight al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI). These bottom-up efforts, which focused mainly on reconciliation between U.S. forces and local Iraqi communities and insurgent groups, enjoyed significant success. During the surge, however, broadened efforts to reconcile estranged Iraqi communities, and former insurgents with the Iraqi government, witnessed only mixed success.

Iraqi Efforts

Many Iraqis saw the post-Saddam government's early attempts at reconciliation by retribution and compensation as nothing more than victor's justice. Retribution was carried out by de-Baathification and the trial of former regime personalities such as Saddam Hussein and Ali Hassan al-Majid (Chemical Ali). Compensation was achieved through the establishment of government foundations to care for Iraqis who had been maimed, imprisoned, or killed by the previous regime.

In June 2006, shortly after becoming prime minister, al-Maliki announced a twenty-four-point national reconciliation plan that included provisions for amnesty, conferences, a review of de-Baathification procedures, compensation for victims, punishment for terrorists and war criminals, and the creation of the Supreme Committee for Dialogue and National Reconciliation (SCDNR). Minister of State for National Dialogue Affairs Akram al-Hakim, a close associate of al-Maliki, heads this committee, an organization that attempts to engage Iraqi tribes, civil society organizations, political parties, and religious leaders. Al-Hakim oversees, at least in theory, all governmental entities involved in reconciliation, although quite tellingly, the committee lacks a professional staff and remains unfunded (parliament rescinded $65 million earmarked by the Council of Ministers).

The Iraqi government's principal operational arm for reconciliation is the Implementation and Follow-Up Committee for National Reconciliation (IFCNR), which was established in June 2007 and is currently headed by Muhammad Salman al-Saadi, another al-Maliki associate. While formally under the purview of SCDNR, it actually reports directly to the prime minister and enjoys a high degree of autonomy. It deals mainly with the vetting of former regime personnel, tribal affairs (including both Awakening and tribal support councils), internally displaced persons, access to basic services (denial of which was used in the past to punish perceived enemies), and job creation issues.

In September 2007, the Iraqi parliament established the ad hoc National Reconciliation Committee (NRC). The independent Sunni parliamentarian Wathab Shaker heads this committee, and its dozen or so members are drawn from nearly all major parties. The NRC is not, however, a major player. Its primary activities include working for the release of mainly Sunni detainees and serving occasionally as an interlocutor to the Arab League.

In January 2008, the Iraqi parliament passed the Accountability and Justice Law to supplant the de-Baathification system established in 2003 by the Coalition Provisional Authority. Although some of its provisions are improvements -- less stringent criteria for de-Baathification, more generous pensions for dismissed personnel, forfeiture of restored rights in the event of demonstrated culpability for criminal acts, and an independent appeals mechanism -- others are not, such as exceptions to the new de-Baathification criteria and the wholesale dismissal from government service of former employees of Baath-era security agencies. The commission required to implement the law, moreover, has not yet been established.

In addition to these top-down governmental efforts, a number of bottom-up initiatives have originated from civil society, in the form of community and tribal gatherings.

The Iraqi government's reconciliation activities have been hampered by the taint of politicization and the lack of follow-through. A desire for revenge rather than reconciliation was seen as driving early de-Baathification efforts and trials of former regime personalities, further polarizing Iraqi society. Al-Maliki uses IFCNR to extend patronage to his supporters, such as the tribal support councils, and to exert leverage over his former enemies, while members of parliament apparently drove the creation of the NRC to ensure that the government addressed their reconciliation agenda.

Since al-Maliki outlined his ambitious agenda in 2006, accomplishments have been modest. Although dismissed army officers have been reinstated, personnel from the former regime's security forces have been paid their pensions, and local reconciliation efforts have gone well, problems remain. The Accountability and Justice Law remains largely unimplemented, key proposed amendments to the constitution have not been passed, and it is unclear whether the government will find stable employment for the eighty percent of former SOI militiamen who not being integrated into the ISF.

Finally, differences between Baghdad and the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) have been dealt with primarily by deferring difficult decisions on such key issues as the status of Kirkuk, governance in Ninawa province, oil, peshmerga/ISF relations, and the KRG constitution.

NGOs, IOs, and Neighbors

Numerous foreign NGOs have supported the reconciliation process by training conflict resolution facilitators and sponsoring workshops and conferences to promote dialogue among Iraqis, resolve local conflicts, and forge a common future vision for the country.

The UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) has promoted reconciliation by supporting elections, working to resolve the issue of Kirkuk, and helping draft the International Compact with Iraq. The Arab League sponsored the Conference for National Reconciliation in Cairo in November 2005 and dispatched a permanent mission to Baghdad in April 2006. The League's effectiveness, however, has been limited due to its failure to continuously staff its Baghdad office and tensions between its largely Sunni Arab membership and the largely Shiite Iraqi government. Finally, the government of Jordan has hosted a number of conferences to promote dialogue and reconciliation among Iraqis.

While it is hard to assess the overall impact of these diverse activities, some NGO-sponsored peace-building efforts have yielded important local benefits.

Reconciliation Challenges

A number of factors are likely to complicate efforts to achieve national reconciliation in Iraq:

Vested interests. Perhaps the biggest challenge is that key political parties have successfully exploited ethnosectarian grievances as a means of mobilizing support. These parties have a vested interest in perpetuating the political status quo and would stand to lose a great deal if a postsectarian style of politics in Iraq were to emerge as a result of a successful reconciliation process.

Persistent violence. Ongoing violence, although at greatly reduced levels, prevents old wounds from healing, opens new wounds, and creates the potential for renewed civil war. This reality lends immediacy to one of the principal conclusions of a landmark World Bank study on civil conflict: nearly half of all countries emerging from civil war suffer a relapse within five years.

Elusive consensus. Fundamental disagreements remain among Iraqis on a number of key issues, such as de-Baathification, the oil law, and Kirkuk. The fragmentation of Iraqi politics (more than four hundred parties and entities participated in recent provincial elections) complicates efforts to identify individuals capable of speaking for and negotiating on behalf of broad constituencies.

Justice denied. Many of those responsible for the worst bloodletting in recent years -- including leaders of antigovernment insurgent groups and government death squads -- are still involved in public life as members of provincial councils, the ISF, or parliament and show no contrition for their actions.

Demographic complexity. Because various population groups remain intermingled throughout the country despite years of ethnosectarian cleansing, incidents in one place may have broad consequences elsewhere.

Multilayered conflicts. Iraq's civil war involved conflicts within, as well as between, communities: the "nationalist resistance" vs. AQI, Awakening councils vs. Islamists, Jaish al-Mahdi vs. ISF units aligned with the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq. For this reason, intra- and intercommunal reconciliation is needed. To date, most reconciliation efforts have focused on the legacy of intercommunal conflicts, though ultimately both legacies need to be addressed.

Iraqi political culture. While Arab tribal culture and Islam have provided the normative justifications and mechanisms for reconciliation at the local level, the desire for revenge, a zero-sum approach to politics, and religious extremism have hindered reconciliation at the national level.

Election-year politics. In March 2009, when the government expressed a willingness to reconcile with some Baathists, a number of civil society organizations (all apparently linked to the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq) were formed to thwart these efforts. It will be difficult for the government to ignore these organizations in the run-up to the January 2010 elections, lest it appear "soft" on Baathism and lose the support of key constituencies.

External meddling. Syria, the Gulf Arab states, and Iran supported groups such as AQI and Jaish al-Mahdi, contributing greatly to the 2006-2007 Iraqi civil war and ongoing violence. Preventing the arming, training, and funding of such spoilers is key to keeping the peace in Iraq and moving the reconciliation process forward.

For all these reasons, Iraqis are likely to coexist uneasily for the foreseeable future. National reconciliation, if it occurs at all, could take years.

Next Steps

Preventing major renewed outbreaks of violence is an essential condition for successful reconciliation in Iraq. Accordingly, the main U.S. priorities in the next two years should be to press the Iraqi government to find stable employment -- even if "make work" -- for former SOI personnel and army officers who participated in the insurgency, and to prevent clashes between the ISF and KRG forces in contested areas.

This will require the United States, first, to expend significant political capital to convince the Iraqi government to take steps it finds extremely distasteful and, second, to continue to discourage the KRG from undertaking actions that could be perceived as provocative by other Iraqis. By the same token, the United States will have to tolerate al-Maliki's efforts to reconcile with members of Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr's movement, including "special group" militants who have American blood on their hands.

Furthermore, the United States and the international community should seek to advance the reconciliation process by:

Working to enhance the capacity and professionalism of SCDNR and the Ministry of Justice, which plays a key role with regard to a number of potentially sensitive transitional justice issues
    Making foreign aid, investment, and debt forgiveness contingent on the Iraqi government's progress toward reconciliation, and by supporting, financially and materially, those organizations and entities, both Iraqi and foreign, actively working toward this goal
    Encouraging postsectarian politics in Iraq by funding NGOs that assist in the development of issue-based parties; urging the passage of a law that would require parties to declare sources of financing and proscribe funding from foreign sources (thereby reducing opportunities for foreign meddling in Iraqi politics); and pushing for the adoption of an open-list, multiple-district system for the January 2010 national elections, which is more likely to produce cross-sectarian political coalitions
    Fostering the creation of professional, nonsectarian civil service and security forces by offering merit-based training, education, and scholarships in the United States and elsewhere. Military assistance should be made contingent on continued progress toward creating an apolitical, professional, and reasonably representative officer corps
    Tapping into the widespread yearning for change in Iraq by issuing statements to the Iraqi and Arab media supportive of issue-based politics and free and fair elections. This will limit al-Maliki's ability to indulge his sectarian instincts and avoid meaningful reconciliation.
    Finally, the international community should encourage the establishment of an independent, nonpartisan Iraqi organization, whose board of governors is confirmed by parliament, to coordinate and prioritize nongovernmental reconciliation activities and to serve as a counterbalance to IFCNR and SCDNR. UNAMI, if properly resourced, might assist with this effort. Such an entity would help NGOs and local and provincial governments facilitate bottom-up reconciliation.

Iraq is unlikely to resolve the many issues on its reconciliation agenda in the near -- or even distant -- future. Nonetheless, an energized reconciliation process that facilitates incremental progress on key issues, bolsters the security gains of the past two years, and helps tamp down ongoing violence is vital to the interests of both the United States and Iraq.

The authors would like to acknowledge the work of William J. Long and Peter Brecke, authors of War and Reconciliation: Reason and Emotion in Conflict Resolution. A list of additional published sources used in this paper is available upon request.

Michael Eisenstadt is a senior fellow and director of The Washington Institute's Military and Security Studies Program. Ahmed Ali is a research associate at the Institute, focusing on Iraq and Iran.

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/p...reconciliation

AND

National Reconciliation in Iraq

Reality & Horizon

https://www.socialwatch.org/sites/def...ation_Iraq.pdf

THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION

Iraqi president announces steps towards national reconciliation
    Massoum says will press ahead with efforts to heal Iraq's sectarian rifts after meeting with UN envoy
    Fuad Masoum, the new president of Iraq and a veteran Kurdish politician, speaks during a press conference in Baghdad on July 24, 2014. (AFP PHOTO / ALI AL-SAADI)
    Fuad Masoum, the new president of Iraq and a veteran Kurdish politician, speaks during a press conference in Baghdad on July 24, 2014. (AFP PHOTO / ALI AL-SAADI)

Baghdad, Asharq Al-Awsat—Iraqi President Fuad Massoum reaffirmed his intention to push forward a process of national political reconciliation on Tuesday, following a meeting with the UN Special Envoy to Iraq Nikolay Mladenov.
    “[The Iraqi government] is seeking to take decisive and resolute steps and reconsider some resolutions and laws in order to achieve national reconciliation and bring security and welfare,” a statement quoted Massoum as saying during a meeting with Mladenov.

“National reconciliation is a social need; therefore, it cannot be achieved via meetings, conferences and pretense only. Rather, it requires strong will and actual participation from everyone, particularly since Iraq now is in need of reconciliation and solidarity more than ever,” the statement continued.

Since the downfall of the former dictator Saddam Hussein following the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, Iraq has been increasingly beset by bloody sectarian violence and conflict at all levels, the most recent example of which has been the rise of the Sunni extremist organization the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

In particular, Iraq’s Sunnis, politically predominant in the pre-2003 era, have become increasingly disillusioned and disaffected by the rise of Shi’ite parties to power in Iraq, something experts say has contributed to the success of ISIS and groups like it.

The US has called on the government of Shi’ite prime minister Haider Al-Abdadi to begin a reconciliation process with Iraqi Sunni leaders, and has warned that it will be necessary to integrate Sunni tribal militias into the security forces in order to defeat ISIS, something the previous government led by Nuri Al-Maliki was deeply reluctant to do.

Massoum has tasked his Vice-President Iyad Allawi with following up on the issue of national reconciliation. The Shi’ite politician has held a series of meetings with exiled politicians and tribal leaders in Jordan, UAE and Qatar in a bid to involve them in the national reconciliation project.

During his meeting with the UN special envoy, Massoum reiterated that “extensive national reconciliation is the only way to get rid of difficulties and help maintain security and social peace.”

The United Nations would support Iraq in all fields and help it overcome its problems, Mladenov pledged.

The Iraqi president told a group of reporters in November that he would “adopt an extensive national reconciliation project early next year.”

“President Massoum possesses an integrated program and a clear vision regarding national reconciliation and once he is done with consultations and meetings, practical steps will begin,” a spokesman for the Iraqi presidency, Khalid Shawani, told Asharq Al-Awsat.

According to Shawani, Massoum’s national reconciliation project will focus on two tracks: a political track, involving consultations with members of all of Iraq’s sects and ethnicities, and a legislative track, involving the review of existing legislation with an eye to fostering a greater degree of political and social reconciliation.

The project will address several critical issues, such as the sectarian basis of Iraq’s political system (which unofficially reserves the presidency for a Kurd, the premiership for a Shi’ite, and the speaker of parliament’s chair for a Sunni), the issue of former Ba’athists and military personnel who fought against US forces, and individuals harmed by Saddam Hussein’s regime, Allawi previously said in a statement.

While these issues have been raised before, some political leaders said that a push to tackle Iraq’s sectarian crisis had been given added urgency by the rise of ISIS and the threat of the country’s disintegration along ethnic and sectarian lines.

Speaking exclusively to Asharq Al-Awsat, Iraqi Communist Party politburo member Raed Fahmy said unlike the past, the present political conditions in Iraq encourage national reconciliation efforts.

“National reconciliation this time seems to be more of a reality than just mere words,” he said.

https://www.aawsat.net/2014/12/article55339569

AND

Iraqi president announces steps towards national reconciliation

Baghdad: Iraqi President Fuad Masum reaffirmed his intention to push forward a process of national political reconciliation on Tuesday, following a meeting with the UN Special Envoy to Iraq Nikolay Mladenov. “[The Iraqi government] is seeking to take decisive and resolute steps and reconsider some resolutions and laws in order to achieve national reconciliation and bring security and welfare,” a statement quoted Masum as saying during a meeting with Mladenov. “National reconciliation is a social need; therefore, it cannot be achieved via meetings, conferences and pretense only.

Rather, it requires strong will and actual participation from everyone, particularly since Iraq now is in need of reconciliation and solidarity more than ever,” the statement continued. “President Masum possesses an integrated program and a clear vision regarding national reconciliation and once he is done with consultations and meetings, practical steps will begin,” a spokesman for the Iraqi presidency, Khalid Shawani, told Asharq Al-Awsat. According to Shawani, Masum’s national reconciliation project will focus on two tracks: a political track, involving consultations with members of all of Iraq’s sects and ethnicities, and a legislative track, involving the review of existing legislation with an eye to fostering a greater degree of political and social reconciliation...aawsat.net

https://ekurd.net/mismas/articles/mis...dlocal1824.htm

National: Allawi officially received the national reconciliation file and begin great strides

Twilight News / National coalition led by said Vice President Iyad Allawi, on Wednesday, the latter formally recognizes the national reconciliation file in the country, adding that Allawi will begin the implementation of its internal and external levels. The spokeswoman said the coalition victory Allawi’s “Twilight News”, “The meeting, which brought together the three presidencies this week (the presidency of the republic, ministers, MPs) during which delivery Iyad Allawi formally national reconciliation file.” Allawi said that “Iyad Allawi will invest its relationship with the Arab and regional in terms of implementation of the national reconciliation project to stop the ranks with Iraq in its war against al Daash,” pointing out that “Allawi also will begin activating the internal file over the meetings and conferences with state institutions and tribal chain.” Tensm and Iyad Allawi, his vice-president of the Iraqi Republic, after nearly eight years of practice for the role of the opposition political Former Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, who currently serves as the Vice President of the Republic as well. shafaaq.com Related Posts Abadi Davos: Iraq develop its economy despite the challenges (Jan 23, 2015) Adel Abdul-Mahdi: Iraq will be a rising economic power (Jan 23, 2015) Abadi looking with the founder of the Economic Forum ways (Jan 23, 2015) Abadi: We lost 40% of our economy for the drop in oil (Jan 23, 2015) Allawi opposed the secession of the Kurdistan region at the moment (Jan 23, 2015) Tags: al-Maliki Allawi Daash Iraq reconcilation file war

https://iraqdinar.us

RECENT NEWS

Jubouri, Allawi discuss national reconciliation file

[Baghdad-where]

Search House Speaker Salim al-Jubouri, in his private office on Monday, with Vice President Iyad Allawi and his accompanying delegation developments in the political process.

A statement by the Office of the al-Jubouri, the agency received all of Iraq [where] a copy of which the two sides discussed "in particular national reconciliation undertaken by the Vice President of the Republic in the light of dialogue and reconciliation initiative launched by President al-Jubouri, a recent file".

The statement added, "It was also agreed to work on the coordination of future attitudes and unify the visions on the important files that would reflect positively on the overall situation in Iraq."

The head of the House of Representatives Saleem al-Jubouri, revealed earlier, all preparations are underway to hold a conference sponsored by the state of the dialogue with the opposition and includes measures of accountability and justice law [de-Baathification previously.

As confirmed yesterday that "dialogue and national reconciliation of the basic issues that the House of Representatives Saouliha interest in it and we are among the fans on opening the prospect of sustained dialogue between is a participant in the government and the House of Representatives, as well as the opposition and certainly the next few days will lead to the results are clear and information" .anthy

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...jPDD2BI4OowAKQ

Hakim calls upon the United Nations to adopt the next conference of harmony and reconciliation in Iraq
    (COURTESY OF DEBBIE / IQD TEAM)

BAGHDAD / .. head of the Islamic Supreme Council Ammar al-Hakim, the Sabbath, the United Nations called on to put points on the letters regarding the problems and obstacles to national reconciliation and harmony in the next conference .

Hakim said, during a meeting with the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations Nikolay Mladenov, according to a statement his office "Eye Iraq News" received a copy of it, that "the United Nations should adopt the next Conference of harmony and reconciliation,which is sponsored by the UN agency in the next month and diagnose problems and obstacles plan and program in order to achieve success and move it forward . "

Hakim praised the UN efforts in Agaúh displaced, stressing the need for more efforts because of bad humanitarian situation of the displaced from their areas due to military operations .

For his part, Mladenov "The United Nations is in the process of establishing a special fund for the reconstruction of areas liberated from the grip of Daash in Iraq," noting that the United Nations is seeking to alleviate the suffering of displaced families and reduce the humanitarian burden them .

He said during a press conference held after the Hakim meeting, he discussed with him the subject of harmony, to be held under UN auspices in the next month, and the London Conference of the Coalition and the progress of the Iraqi forces and the level of international assistance to Iraq government program and legislation related to it .

In another context, Hakim said, "What happened in France suffered from a French magazine to attack a terrorist crime is the subject of condemnation and stand deduced them, and do not accept that the Muslims in the world are exposed to collective punishment and to offend their beliefs . "

The United Nations has called for intensified efforts for the release of the Bahraini opposition Ali Salman, describing it as "believers in democracy, and that his continued detention and trial would cause sectarian strife, indispensable in the region as well as the deepening divide between the Islamic doctrines"

https://aynaliraqnews.com/index.php?aa=news&id22=30001

SCZIN11- JANUARY 25, 2015

Mladenov up to Karbala to attend meetings on dialogue and reconciliation in Iraq

Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Nikolai Miladinov, arrived Sunday morning, the city of Karbala.

Mladenov and visit Karbala to attend the round table meetings on the national dialogue and reconciliation in Iraq.
    And participate in this conference Karbala governor Akil Turaihi and President of the Council Nassif rhetorical political and human rights figures from the provinces of Najaf and Babil.

And place these days between the political parties dialogues about the initiative put forward by House Speaker Salim al-Jubouri for dialogue with the opposition parties to include destinations outside Iraq.

The al-Jubouri, had revealed earlier, all preparations are underway to hold a conference sponsored by the state of the dialogue with the opposition and includes measures of accountability and justice law [de-Baathification previously.
    As al-Jubouri said in 11 of this month that "dialogue and national reconciliation of the basic issues that the House of Representatives Saouliha interest in it and we are among the fans on opening the prospect of sustained dialogue between is a participant in the government and the House of Representatives, as well as the opposition and certainly the next few days will lead to the results to be clear and information. "

For his part, President of the Republic Fuad Masum, revealed last Thursday on "The preparation of the expanded national reconciliation conference will take months," pointing out that "everyone will be invited to the conference, including members of armed factions that have not stained their hands with the blood of Iraqis."

He said that "with the cancellation of the law of accountability, justice and the assignment of its files to the courts because they are transitional rule in the Constitution, and the time came to revise this law," pointing out that "the presence of proposals to cancel the Justice and Accountability Act, and legislation prohibition of belonging to the Baath party law," adding that he "can not keep all I belong to the former Baath Party, "because they would be half of the Iraqi people." End quote

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...4pOnjqQd0Ddw-wMladenov: call for reconciliation in Iraq is very encouraging and will enhance the government's efforts to reform

Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Nikolay Mladenov described the call for reconciliation in Iraq as "very encouraging and it will strengthen the government's efforts at reform."
    According to a statement of the mission internationalism [UNAMI] received by all of Iraq [where] a copy of Mladenov "presided over today in the city of Karbala first forum of a series of forums Roundtable held with civil society and the public and tribal leaders, clerics and scholars from the provinces of Karbala, Najaf and Babil about social cohesion between the Iraqi social and political actors, which was held in Baghdad on 26 and November 27, 2014 ".

The statement quoted Mladenov said that "collective call by the participants to promote peaceful coexistence and national dialogue and reconciliation is very encouraging," adding that "this support will strengthen the government's efforts to revitalize its program of reform and reconciliation."
    He said the UN envoy "It is encouraging to see the clergy and dignitaries of the community to communicate with their communities for the purpose of setting issues that affect the reconciliation efforts and strengthen comprehensive dialogue in Iraq among the priorities," noting that "should these messages continue to spread in order to devote the principles of inclusiveness, trust and compatibility between the components of Iraq." .

Participants at the meeting stressed the importance of strengthening the social and religious cohesion as well as healing the divisions within Iraqi society.

He is scheduled to hold a second forum in the province of Basra in the first week of February next.anthy

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...vb9pP4PzTvhXaA
    ONE MIGHT ARGUE THAT THE Justice and Accountability Act IS A LAW THAT NEEDS TO BE REVISED BEFORE THERE CAN / SHOULD BE A CONFERENCE - CHATTELS

Ordeal: the government is determined to amend the Justice and Accountability Act

MP for the Iraqi National Alliance honest ordeal, said the political blocs agreed within the paper political agreement to amend the law of accountability and justice in a fair, pointing out that the government is determined to amend the law. He said the ordeal told all of Iraq [where], "The Justice and Accountability Act needs to be amended," he said, adding that he "must be invoked to eliminate any crime if there was Msthompsk must prove that there is no selective." He added that "most of those affected were not their crimes against the Iraqi people," noting that "the prime minister Haider al-Abadi is determined to end this matter." He said the ordeal that "modifying the law of accountability and neutrophil came within the paper political agreement between the political blocs, that modifies the fair, but until now have not been discussed either in the Cabinet or Parliament, or between the blocks."The Legal Committee of the National Alliance would deal with this law, and we will soon be upon the law on freedom of expression."

He was President, Fuad Masum said last Wednesday, during a meeting with a delegation from the Committee on Justice and Accountability in the House of Representatives on the need to review some of the accountability and justice, and the differences in views concerning the efforts to settle outstanding issues laws. The General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, was announced earlier this month, for completion of the law and accountability.

https://tinyurl.com/lxppvxw

Sheikh Hamoudi invite the President of the National Reconciliation Commission to make the unity of Iraq and the target of their work

{Baghdad: Euphrates News} called a member of the Presidency of the Council of Representatives, Sheikh Hamoudi to activate the national reconciliation project, support and exert more efforts for each work is in the unity of Iraq.

A statement by the office of Sheikh Hamoudi agency {Euphrates News} received a copy of it today that "This came during a meeting in his office the President of the National Reconciliation Commission in the Council of Ministers Jawad Abdul-Zahra al-Husseini, where the latter presented a review of the work of the committee and submitted during the past period."
    He urged Sheikh Hamoudi according to the statement Chairman of the Committee to continue efforts at national reconciliation project and make the unity of Iraq the target of their work.
    The statement added that "the Chairman of the Committee requested the involvement of the committee in the discussions that will take place regarding the accountability and justice law to provide the House with information and details of the fact that within the jurisdiction of their work," .anthy

Iaram Sheikh discuss with the US ambassador national reconciliation project

[Baghdad-Line]
    Search Deputy Speaker Iaram Sheikh Mohammed on Monday with the US ambassador to Iraq, [Stewart Jones] latest developments in Iraq and the region.
    According to a statement to the House of Representatives received by all of Iraq [where] a copy of the "Sheikh Mohammed received the US ambassador in his office in Baghdad and discussed with him the latest developments on the Iraqi arena and security developments and the ongoing war with al Daash terrorist, and what are the events in the region, and the importance of success national reconciliation project to ensure the participation of all Iraqi factions in the political process. "
    He Iaram Sheikh Mohammed, the US ambassador to the need to expedite the implementation of a close political agreement and abide by the terms, adding that the House of Representatives is determined to pass the state budget for the year 2015 as soon as possible and the importance of reducing costs and finding other sources of funding other than oil, and find quick solutions to end the austerity in the country ".
    For his part, Stuart Jones, according to the statement expressed his happiness for this meeting, stressing the continuation of bilateral relations between Baghdad and Washington, and US support for the Iraqi government and the Kurdistan region and the importance of adhering to the agreement concluded between the province and the center ".anthy

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...31Ma6K9cwIeW8g

Iraq is looking forward to the role of the United Nations for the success of reconciliation

Twilight News President Fuad Masum / said Monday that Iraq is looking forward to the role of the United Nations for the success of the national reconciliation in the country.
    The infallible speaks during a meeting with a representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Nikolai Miladinov, who confirmed that the United Nations in connection with the proposal to hold an international conference to demonstrate the importance of national reconciliation in Iraq.
    According to a statement to the Office of the infallible Word for "Twilight News", the two sides discussed the role of the UN to help Iraq, particularly in light of the current conditions and the presence of large numbers of displaced people and displaced.
    The two sides also discussed the need for Iraq to support and advice of the United Nations for the success of the national reconciliation project.
    Masum said that "Iraq is looking forward to the role of the International Mission for the success of this important national project," and expressed his appreciation for "the role of the mission in this regard."
    The President of the Republic on the need for "reconciliation is accomplished on the basis of objective and fruitful."
    For his part, Miladinov explained that "the aim of the visit was to exchange views on the draft national reconciliation and practical ways to make it a success," stressing "the importance of the president's role in the collection of the row and the convergence of views to strengthen national unity," according to the statement.
    Miladinov and pointed out that "the United Nations in connection with the proposal to hold an international conference to demonstrate the importance of national reconciliation for all spectra of the Iraqi people."
    The new "United Nations stuck in their relentless pursuit to provide all forms of assistance in order to consolidate national reconciliation and unity, as well as to alleviate the suffering of displaced persons and displaced persons in all areas."
    Through Miladinov delighted "to start a new phase of relations between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government and the design of the two parties in order to install understanding the judge to end the outstanding problems."
    Iraq seeks to make reconciliation between its components and overcome deep differences prevailed over the past years and contributed to the worsening security tensions and political differences.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...CiHWh914-wecLA

Abadi Jubouri Najafi seeking reconciliation project and implementation constraints paper political agreement

Tuesday, 27 January 2 / January 2015 12:52

[Baghdad-where]
    Search Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and Parliament Speaker Salim al-Jubouri and Vice President Osama Najafi in a joint meeting of the national reconciliation project and implementation constraints paper political agreement which formalized the government.
    A statement by the Office of Jubouri released today by the Agency has received all of Iraq [where] a copy of the Abadi Jubouri Najafi "met yesterday in the House Speaker's office in the presence of ministerial and parliamentary bloc of the Alliance of Iraqi forces."
    Jubouri said according to the statement that "some blocks feel that many of the items contained in the document the political agreement have not been implemented, which will affect the political positions of those blocks."
    He added that "Iraq today is in the process of approving the budget and at the same time moving towards national reconciliation project which is necessitated by the Prime Minister to attend to discuss, among other problematic issues and to stand in front of the reasons for the delay and the delay in those items and ways to overcome the obstacles."
    As the President of the House of Representatives that "the meeting touched on the problem of displaced persons and the need to find a real and clear solutions which amounts to the displaced clearly allocated in the budget, in addition to discuss the security situation thoroughly and, in particular, the negative effects of the military operations that affect innocent people, whether to demolish houses or burned." it's over

https://translate.googleusercontent.c..._Xsu6gfRbYMRyg

THE MOST RECENT THREE ARTICLES HEREIN ABOVE SUGGEST THAT THE CONTENT OF THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE AND / OR OBSTACLES TO CONVENING MAY BE, 1) THE " UNFULLFILLED " POLITICAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE POLITICAL BLOCS TO FORM THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION / GOVERNMENT, 2) THE BUDGET GENERALLY / MONIES TO ADDRESS THE INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSONS, 3) SECURITY AND THE CONSEQUENCE OF MILITARY OPERATIONS TO RESTORE IT, 3) THE AGREEMENT(S) BETWEEN BAGHDAD AND eRBIL. - CHATTELS

Jumaili legislation calls for the laws regarding national reconciliation

Wednesday, December 28 2 / January 2015 08:40

[Baghdad-where]
    Called on the Speaker of the House adviser for national reconciliation and unity Jumaili, a set of laws legislation on national reconciliation, prove its good intentions of government agencies that have adopted the reconciliation initiative.
    She Jumaili in a statement received by all of Iraq [where], a copy of it today, "There are a lot of initiatives launched by international bodies and UN local and the other about national reconciliation, and today have the initiative of UN-sponsored initiative other government-sponsored three presidencies, in order to put roadmap for national reconciliation. "
    "We do not need today to conferences or initiatives regarding reconciliation, but we need to prove its good intentions of government agencies that have adopted the national reconciliation initiative, through legislation, a set of laws to ensure that the civil rights of the citizens of innocent and defenseless in the conflict areas and the preservation of the lives and property of the people through These laws or decisions. "
    Jumaili confirmed the need to "investigate and document the political agreement and the approval of a general amnesty and the achievement of the national balance and help the displaced and the enactment of the National Guard law provisions."
    The prime minister Haider al-Abadi, and House Speaker Salim al-Jubouri, and Vice President Osama Najafi, discussed on Tuesday, in a joint meeting of the national reconciliation project and implementation constraints paper political agreement which formalized the government.
    A statement by the Office of the al-Jubouri, received [where], a copy of "al-Jubouri said that, Iraq today is in the process of approving the budget goes on at the same time toward the national reconciliation project, which necessitated by the Prime Minister to attend to discuss inter and problematic issues to stand in front of the reasons for the delay and the delay in Those items and ways to overcome obstacles ".anthy

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&tl=en&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D3465513&usg=ALkJrhiA8ySOpD0slY76PbXysM31IkjQVQ

National Reconciliation Must Take Into Account The Interests of All Iraqi Parties

28/01/2015 8:34

BAGHDAD / NINA / The head of the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq, Ammar al-Hakim said "national reconciliation must take into account the interests of all components of the Iraqi parties and assured their fears.

A statement of the Islamic Supreme Council quoted Hakim as saying during a meeting with the delegation of the international Finnish Organization CMI of management crisis and conflict headed by former Ambassador of the European Union in Iraq (Elka Antero) that "reconciliation must deal with social and other problems and develop appropriate solutions for the post-Daash."

For their part, members of the international delegation appreciated proposals and ideas of al-Hakim on national reconciliation in Iraq, stressing the keenness of the organization to put the potentials and expertise to resolve conflicts and promote reconciliation in Iraq, ".

https://ninanews.com/Website/News_Det...qzaw%253d%253d

NOTE :

" differences between the blocs on the budget, a claim the National Alliance to reduce the number of grades to PDF crowd in the liberated areas and refused to force the Union that the insistence of the federal government to be exported each product oil through the Sumo and the objection of the Kurdistan region it with the claim of the National Alliance allocated 25 billion dinars as expenditure for the Presidency Republic in the national reconciliation file ".

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...IHy-tPoZV8AnTA

Araji calls for research into the causes of the failure of the previous reconciliation conferences and make 2015 a year

21 Show January 29, 2015 16:56

(Independent) ... called on Deputy Prime Minister Bahaa al-Araji to make the current 2015 year for "genuine national reconciliation," while urging the research into the causes of the failure of previous conferences.
    They said in a statement received by the (independent) on Thursday, "We hear the recent initiatives of the conferences of national reconciliation, if we were looking for genuine national reconciliation, we have to look two important issues," noting that "the first issue include the reasons for previous conferences that deal with national reconciliation failure ".
    Araji added that "The second issue is that the reconciliation of the base to start the top of the pyramid and not vice versa," calling that "everyone is the slogan for 2015 in genuine national reconciliation."
    The representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Nikolai Miladinov announced in January 26, 2015 that the United Nations in connection with the proposal to hold an international conference to demonstrate the importance of national reconciliation for all spectra of the Iraqi people.
    Seeking politicians, and activists and specialists Iraqis to activate the launch of a new initiative for national reconciliation between the political parties participating in the government and opponents of the political parties and armed groups, and to identify clear and practical steps to the trends of reconciliation in the light of the challenges faced by Iraq after the emergence of risk Daash.
    Participants stressed in a panel discussion in Souhail Cultural Council was held in Baghdad on Thursday evening with the participation of Finnish organization to manage global crises on the importance of standardizing the Iraqi ranks and embark Platform real action on the ground and the drafting of a new draft laws to promote national reconciliation.
    Confirmed Ambassador Safia al-Suhail, the head of Europe Department at the Iraqi Foreign Ministry and sponsor Cultural Council, during the meeting on the need for something like a brainstorming for all in order to determine the next phase mechanisms to get to the real project of reconciliation and overcome all differences of the past because of the presence of what is the most dangerous of them, a threat terrorist Daash long tyranny all Iraqi factions.
    For his part, Ilkka Ositalu, Executive Director of the Organization of Finnish crisis management said, and previously headed the United Nations Mission for Iraq from 2006 to 2009 in the meeting: we seek to communicate with the formal and informal institutions in Iraq in order to develop a formula for cooperation in future programs to achieve reconciliation, also seek to Ajarat Iraqi women in decision-making and political decision-making in support of the reconciliation project operations.
    He added: There is an effective and a great program for the activation of national reconciliation, and perhaps new and more importantly, where is the risk Daash so we send out our work in accordance with the three frameworks is to support dialogue and diagnose those responsible and activated, and the second is to train persons involved in dialogue on ways of effective and positive dialogue, and the third is to diagnose problems and then conflict resolution and prevention.
    Mohammed Salman, the Iraqi prime minister's advisor for national reconciliation, he explained in his speech that the three presidencies in Iraq on the verge of completion of the initiative will mature soon be launched at a conference attended by political figures, including figures from the armed opposition and political opponents, and can be described as one of the finest initiatives so far, and if It was agreed to its principles will form a committee representing everyone to take decisions and put them into effect.
    In turn, MP Hisham Suhail, chairman of the reconciliation committee in the Iraqi parliament, that the earth today are available for reconciliation more than ever because of threats (terrorist Daash) (...) as if everyone agreed on the gravity of Iraq and the world.
    The cult, Presidential Advisor for Security Affairs, believes that national reconciliation constitute the mainstay in the construction of the new political system, because the transition from authoritarian to democratic system requires national unity.
    He continued: first our principle of national reconciliation is to reduce the front affected by the previous regime, provided non-infringement of the rights of those affected by the system, pointing out that there is a difference between opposition to the political process and unrecognized, and we now have the perspective of moderate toward opponents.
    She stressed d. Unit Jumaili, Advisor to the President for National Reconciliation, during her speech at the meeting on the importance of real political will for reconciliation, as well as the presence of people and projects to implement laws to begin with.
    MP Hamid al-Mutlaq said: Today we need the concept of the true values ​​of citizenship, and amending laws have already begun, but that does not respect the human right to life, including the Justice and Accountability secret informant laws and Article 4 terrorism, which offended many people due to poor application.
    He concluded the meeting by Dr. Amer Al-Fayad, Dean of the Faculty of Political Science at the University of Baghdad, saying that reconciliation is a political process par excellence, and not otherwise, and it must create accessories, such as the law of parties, which prohibits affiliated militias underneath and ensure fair elections to choose their leaders, as well as that be funded known to all. (end)

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...ZuDGtyopMQ-95A

Doubts about the announcement by the Government not to engage Abadi wanted to spend the National Reconciliation Conference

29-01-2015 05:33 PM

The Iraqi government announced a national reconciliation conference in Baghdad, said a spokesman for the prime minister's media office tributary Jabouri Thursday that Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi drew attention to the need for good preparations for the conference, stressing that the conference would not include wanted to eliminate.
    But observers Iraqis questioned the validity of the declaration of al-Abadi's office not to engage the politicians wanted to spend in this conference, and said that all indications are that the conference will be held to hold behind-the-scenes political deals for whitening judicial pages to some wanted to eliminate before allowing them to participate in the current government.
    Jabouri said in a press statement that 'continuous work in order to prepare for a conference in national reconciliation sponsored and organized the prime minister in Baghdad', noting that 'the United Nations play a supportive role. "
    He stressed that Jabouri 'conference would not include those who are wanted to eliminate', adding that 'This file is the prerogative of the judiciary and not approach Abadi interference in the work of other authorities'.
    For his part, predicted a political observer in comments to the Agency 'news' that the contract Abadi political deals wanted to engage the Iraqi judiciary in the upcoming conference.
    The observer, who declined to be named, that the Abadi seeks to hold this conference to get concessions from some Sunni political leaders to engage the guys they wanted to spend in the current government, and warned observer Sunni politicians from making concessions to their publics interest which were elected by and wait for them political achievements Account and social and economic.
    It is said that news reports had indicated that the 'head of the Supreme Judicial Council, Medhat al-Mahmoud, received a notice to end the cases brought against some politicians to whitewash judicial pages in preparation for re-politically output' as described by the reports.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&tl=en&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D3470539&usg=ALkJrhhKJFmaR62gBI4TW3ZgibL4ALSfLw

and

President stresses necessity of implementing National Reconciliation project

Saturday, 31 January 2015 11:55

Baghdad (AIN) –The President, Fuad Masoum, stressing the necessity of implanting the National Reconciliation project in Iraq to consolidate the unity among the Iraqis.

https://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index....-project-.html

and

Iraq's president and Hakim stresses the need to expedite the enactment of the budget in 2015

01/12/2015

The statement added that "the two sides stressed the importance of efforts for the success needed to achieve national reconciliation, which will contribute to the eradication of terrorism and ward off the threat from Iraq and its people the steps."

https://translate.google.com/transla...25B3&edit-text

AND

Chairman of the House of Representatives calls for the Council of Ministers to speed up the approval of the General Amnesty Law

The head of the House of Representatives, Dr. Salim al-Jubouri, on Saturday, the Council of Ministers to speed up passage of the amnesty law and send it to the council for discussion and voting on it has to be one of the foundations of reconciliation project which seeks him everyone.

READ MORE @ https://tinyurl.com/lfocd6r

and

Finance Committee: one paragraph may hinder the approval of the budget in 2015

BAGHDAD - Iraq Press - February 3: A member of the parliamentary finance committee, Majida al-Tamimi, "The year's budget law in 2015, sent yesterday, to the presidency in order to ratify it," afterthought said, "but we expect it to hinder the Commission and the Presidency paragraph on national reconciliation allocations, amounting to 25 billion dinars, it is possible that it is being adjusted. "

She Tamimi, said that "there are questions that to whom will return the money, and will it be to the presidency in general or to the President directly, or to one of his deputies?" Indicating that "the presidency is demanding that the allocations However, President of the Republic, one of you will allocated to one of his deputies because he does not yet specified deputy responsible for national reconciliation, and here lies the problem will be discussed upon and could be adjusted after the agreed upon prior to the completion of the ratification period. "

And wondered, "How there be reconciliation. Everyone is participating in the government? Everyone have a sovereign positions, is to be reconciliation travel and hospitality? ".

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...QEWYTp2bBExqlA

COMMENT : IS ANYONE ELSE SURPRISED / STUNNED BY THE FOREGOING ? - chattels

and

Jumaili calls to postpone holding National Reconciliation Conference if opposes political deal document

Wednesday, 04 February 2015 12:21

Baghdad (AIN) –The Advisor of the Parliament Speaker for the National Reconciliation project, Wihda al-Jumaili, called not to hold the conference for the National Reconciliation in Baghdad if it opposes the political deal document.

She stated in a press statement received by AIN "The political sides implemented many articles of the political deal document starting from voting on the National Guards law and the Justice and Accountability law."

"If the National Reconciliation conference does not help in implementing the political deals articles, it will not benefit the political process in Iraq and therefore; should ( NOT ? ) be held," she concluded.

https://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index....-document.html

THREAD CONTINUES
    Last edited by chattels; 02-05-2015 at 10:53 AM.

CBI to book the money transfer companies (capital)

February 4, 2015 5:18

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...t_8erZMt3XE7eg

THIS MUST RELATE TO THE CBI ANNOUNCEMENT FROM YESTERDAY, FEB. 3, 2015...HERE IS

ANOTHER TRANSLATION FROM OUR GOOD FRIEND, MELIAHLORE!

CBI Arabic Announcement Translated

"To / money transfer companies ( capital ) 02/03/2015"

Directorate General to monitor banking and your Credit / department of studies and research Banking

No. 34/2/9
    Date: 01/02/2015

((Factions of the popular crowd justified by the sons of Iraq))

To / remittance companies
    M / Capital

Central Bank presents its compliments ...

A Board of Directors decided that the bank numbered 1518 and held on 01.12.2015 on capital your company to extend your time limit capital increase to reach 45 billion dinars in the next two (2015-2016) as follows: -

A - increase to be (30) billion dinars in 06/30/2015.
    B - the increase to be (45) billion dinars in 06/30/2016.

With appreciation ....

Ali Mohsen Ismail
    Conservative agency

Original Document Link:
    https://www.cbi.iq/documents/Announcemen3-2-2015.pdf

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...ll=1#post95648

T

Source: Iraq Stock Exchange

Labour launches soft loans in seven provinces and industry in other five
    Date: 04/02/2015 11:43Information / Baghdad / ..The Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, on Wednesday, announced the launch of soft loans for job seekers in seven provinces, and industrial loans in the five other provinces.
    He said ministry spokesman Amar Menem told / information / "The Employment Service and loans released kicking off the release of soft loans for job seekers registered in its database in seven governorates (holy city of Karbala, Muthanna, Basra, Maysan, Diyala, Cote and Diwaniya) for one month starting from 10/2 until 03/10/2015 pointing out that the presentation will be by e-mail to the ministry, in a move to simplify the procedures for citizens and to avoid exposure to cases of extortion by the weak people. "
    "The department is determined to launch a special industrial loans services in five provinces (Baghdad, Diwaniyah, Najaf, Dhi Qar and Kirkuk) for a period of one month from 15/2 until 03/15/2015."
    Menem and pointed out that "the ministry launched a loan in those provinces it did not meet the amounts allocated to them, as the ministry allocated amounts for each province in proportion to the population density and the level of poverty line and those provinces did not meet all the amounts in its own lending fund."
    The Minister of Labour and Social Affairs Mohammad Xiaa Sudanese had been the face of the granting of soft loans for job seekers in one go instead of two batches and simplification of procedures to applicants and complete all the accumulated transactions in a move that the ministry aims which to implement its strategy in the fight against
    Batalh.anthy 25 R.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...H1CN2AcccCe7hA

AND

Government launches soft loans for job seekers in seven provinces

Twilight News / The Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, the Department of Employment and loans, on Wednesday, announced the launch of soft loans for job seekers in seven provinces for one month starting from the tenth of this month and next to the tenth of the month of March.

The press spokesman for the Ministry of Ammar Menem in a statement reported for "Twilight News", the operating and loan department will begin firing soft loans for job seekers registered in its database in seven provinces, namely, (Karbala, Muthanna, Basra, Maysan, Diyala, Cote, Diwaniyah ) for one month starting from 10-2 until 10/03/2015.
    He noted that the presentation will be by e-mail to the ministry, in a move to simplify the procedures for citizens and to avoid exposure to cases of extortion by the weak people.
    And at the same Menem said is determined to launch a special industrial services loans in the five provinces of the circle (Baghdad, Diwaniyah, Najaf, Dhi Qar, and Kirkuk) for a period of one month from 15-2 until 15/03/2015.
    He explained that the ministry has launched a loan in those provinces they did not meet the amounts allocated to them, as the ministry allocated amounts for each province in proportion to the population density and the level of poverty line and those provinces did not meet all the amounts in its own lending fund.
    The Minister of Labour and Social Affairs Mohammad Xiaa Sudanese had been the face of the granting of soft loans for job seekers in one go instead of two batches and simplification of procedures to applicants seeking to eliminate unemployment rampant in society.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...pj2T_ZU4CVn4Cw

Chalabi's role is "significant" in the budget

Condemned by the Parliamentary Finance Committee MP Ola return Nashi, Wednesday, media disgraceful behavior of one of the satellite channels, against the Chairman of the Finance Committee, Ahmad Chalabi, arguing that reducing the great efforts of the Finance Committee in approving the budget for 2015.

She Nashi said in a statement, "This whirlwind media aim to underestimate the efforts of the Commission and its president, who had a significant role in the completion of the budget law and achieve significant gains for the Iraqi people and the bulk of his attention during the budget discussion, the limited income of employees and contractors owners," pointing out that "the prime Committee Chalabi was defending the interests of the citizens and not burdening them extra benefits during the discussion of Article 18 of the Budget Law "and said it" calls on the media to be careful and not to be dragged into political agendas

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&tl=en&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D3488344&usg=ALkJrhhX3cg6mTPzMn6P9ye_03z87twJag

Last edited by pinkadonai1; 02-04-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Shaways offers more than a dozen proposals to promote investment, notably the cancellation of "laws inherited"

Long-Presse / Baghdad
    Shaways offers more than a dozen proposals to promote investment, notably the cancellation of "laws inherited."
    To be continued ...

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&tl=en&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D3488595&usg=ALkJrhiBJX_N7p5iSnOrlFto5n-ZP50a2w

and

Deputy Prime Minister Ruz Nuri Shaways

Shaways offers more than a dozen proposals to promote investment notably the abolition of "laws inherited"

The Deputy Prime Minister Ruz Nuri Shaways, on Wednesday, ten proposals for the advancement notably the abolition of "laws inherited" from previous eras, as well as support and the assignment of private banks to participate in the investment process, as called for continuing adjustments in the investment law, stressed the need for infrastructure, processing and especially energy as the basis in the investment process.

Shaways said in a speech at the International Investment Conference which was held at the Babylon Hotel in central Baghdad and attended (range Press), "The upgrading of the investment needs to be comprehensive steps on the social, economic and legal levels and the other to provide a healthy investment climate that promotes laws, as well as the cooperation of the executive and legislative branches for the abolition of all laws inherited from the previous covenants that are inconsistent with the investment policy and development process of the state. "

Shaways said that "one of the important proposals for the development of the investment is to fight red tape and bureaucracy and limiting procedures in investment projects, transactions and limited time via electronic correspondence," and called for "solving the problem of the allocation of plots of land for the establishment of investment projects that represent the most important obstacle to investment."

The Vice Prime Minister to "the need to give a greater role for local governments in federal projects and the contribution of the private agencies specializing in providing consultancy sector," stressing "the need for the private sector restores activity and find an opportunity of real partnership with the public sector and foreign investors to implement projects to support."

Shaways said that "it is necessary to the continuation of the amendments to the investment law in order to stay in line for the variables in different countries as well as the fight against financial and administrative corruption and limit the influence and awareness of its dangers," calling to conduct surveys to determine Iraq's economic and development and investment possibilities and employment and encouraging government banks to take the role and reconsider abide by its laws to keep up with developments in the banking world. "

He stressed Shaways on "infrastructure and services to address, especially in the field of energy investment universe are not taken without them."

The board of Investment Baghdad demanded, in the second of September 2015, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi to form a committee to study the draft amendment to the Investment Law, attributed the reason to the failure to address the major issues that support investment projects, and accused the ministries of "blocking" projects, likely not to pass the draft law in parliament.

The House of Representatives in October passed, in 2006 the Iraqi investment law, which it was said at the time that it would open the door to foreign investment, because introducing a lot of facilities to foreign investors, but that many foreign companies are still hesitant because of fears that the security situation unstable in Iraq, adding that the law did not give investors the right to ownership of the property the project, and equated the Iraqi and foreign investors in each concession, with the exception of real estate ownership, where can the foreign investor of the lease the land for 50 years, subject to renewal, according to paragraph 11 of the Code investment, to vote in the House of Representatives in 2010, to modify it.

https://tinyurl.com/kyk3pe3
    Last edited by chattels; 02-04-2015 at 01:47 PM.

sczin11- Looking for exact wording of article 15/investment law

Araji calls for the activation of Article 15 of the Investment Law

BAGHDAD / Center Brief for the Iraqi Media Network (IMN) - Deputy Prime Minister Bahaa al-Araji, boil the activation of Article 15 of the Investment Law.

They said in his speech at the International Conference on Investment in Iraq, which is hosted by the Committee on the economy and invest in the House of Representatives, that Article 15 if it did would address all impediments to the investment process, as well as giving broad powers to the provinces to facilitate investment.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&tl=en&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D3488632&usg=ALkJrhhS_f6tG8lIcVpyUloE_UXSHa9z9w
    Last edited by pinkadonai1; 02-04-2015 at 11:59 AM.

Conscious / Araji praises cooperation between the executive and legislature in the first International Investment Conference powers

04/02/2015 12:05 | Number of Views: 60

Conscious / Baghdad / P u
    Deputy Prime Minister Bahaa al-Araji care Parliament investment conference is the responsibility of the executive authority, a sign of cooperation and coordination between the two big powers.

Said in a speech to the International Conference for the first investment vassal (news agency, media / INA) that "these institutions and feeling lately that the investment was not just a need, but an urgent necessity in light of the circumstances experienced by the country, and in the fact that the investment recent experience in the country delayed by certain circumstances, despite Matqom by the Investment Authority.

"He added Araji:" We must work to overcome these difficulties in the presence of a substance in the budget number 15 gave the ministries and provinces, the right to exclude from the laws in force.

"He pointed to the investment", an orientation for countries and companies major investment in Iraq, and we have to go to attract these countries, companies and overcome Maigv overall investment of difficulties ".

The began in Baghdad this morning First International Investment Conference, held by the body of economy and investment representative, for two days, in the presence of the Vice Prime Minister Ruz Nuri Shaways and Bahaa al-Araji and a number of ministers, MPs and specialists and representatives of a number of domestic and foreign companies.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...0IldAkACG3clPg

sczin11- So here is what i find in budget law... i am posting article 14, 15, 16- see if you can make heads or tails out of the correlation to the news articles above...

Article -14-

First: the ministries and departments not associated with the Ministry prior coordination with the provinces when selecting projects and issued each ministry or institution not linked to the Ministry of distribution projects plan and learn provinces by and abide by the proportions of population prescribed for each province to ensure the equitable distribution except for strategic projects that benefit the most from the province and lack of overlap between the Projects included in the regional development plan and authorize powers of the minister to the governor on the announcement and assignment and execution of projects ministerial (Health, Municipalities and Public Works, Trade, Construction and Housing, Agriculture, Labor and Social Affairs, Culture, Youth and Sports) without the sum of (10) billion dinars (ten billion dinars ) after the redeployment of funds from the ministry account to maintain account with the exception of the proposed projects for the year / 2015 for the modernization of the basic and detailed designs for the city centers and studies of structural provinces and the study of the development of the desolated areas and preservation of historical and regions areas with nature heritage and natural reserves and that are issued by the Ministries of Planning and Finance Alathaditan schedule projects concerned each province and authorizes the Minister of Finance and Planning Alathadian to issue necessary instructions to facilitate the implementation of it.

Second, to maintain the mandate of any ministry of the federal ministries and as competent to carry out projects in that province to calculate allocations (reconstruction and development of the regions and provinces) allocated to them.

Article - 15

Federal Minister of Finance validity Add allocations for the purpose of extinguishing the predecessor installed from 1/1/2008 until 31/12/2012 and spent as a result of the laws of the window and after that are audited by the Federal Office of Financial Supervision and the Federal Cabinet approval on them.

Article - 16

The expansion of the open door of private investment and participation with the private sector by the ministries and departments not related to the Ministry and the provincial limits of competence and form for this purpose a higher committee that the Council of Ministers issued its own exceptions to the relevant laws instructions.

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...ll=1#post95509
    Last edited by sczin11; 02-04-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Alusi: Iraq is currently governed by two co-minister

Baghdad-Iraq Press
    - In a new bullet to the President of the Civic Democratic Alliance bloc told MP said Mithal al-Alusi, said it was "currently governs Iraq two are co-prime minister," pointing out that "the other prime minister shared with Abadi government offices inside the Republican Palace ".

He said al-Alusi in a press statement, "The Vice President Nuri al-Maliki still lives in the Republican Palace in the Green Zone and share with the prime minister Haider al-Abadi government offices inside the palace," stressing that "al-Maliki exercise the role of Chairman of the Iraqi government through ruled by military force formed on the duration of 8 years "as he put it. On

He pointed out that "it is currently governs Iraq two two Haider Abadi and Nuri al-Maliki," and urged Ebadi to "take out al-Maliki from the presidential palace, which should be the seat of the head of government and not a special office what Maliki still lives in the same room inside the presidential palace and did not leave."

The Chairman of the Democratic Alliance bloc to, that "al-Maliki seized Iraqi funds since he came to power and form armed militias loyal to him," .anthy (1)
    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&tl=en&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D3488973&usg=ALkJrhgMVNnDvSVUyuIoWSCfGspa5FAO8w

Last edited by pinkadonai1; 02-04-2015 at 12:00 PM.