The Dinar Daily, Sunday January 25, 2015
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dinar Daily, Sunday January 25, 2015

The Dinar Daily, Sunday January 25, 2015

The Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency in Economic Feasibility Studies

Below are the central controls related to the exchange rate of the foreign currency to convert the project inputs and outputs from foreign currency to its equivalent in the local currency, and that is by calculating the net discounted present value standard and the internal return on investments in economic analysis that governs investment projects that costs excess one million dinars.

Estimate the shadow price of foreign currency:

1. It is necessary to put central controls to amend the official exchange rate * to reflect the shadow price of the foreign currency, and that is considered one of the necessary requirements to implement the net discounted present value standard and the internal return rate on investment in the economic calculation stated in the instructions, paragraph nine.

The central controls for adjusting market prices distinguished a group of outputs and inputs traded internationally, where the projects production or usage of them is reflected on the abundance of foreign currency in the economy and thus project outputs or inputs used of such are considered purely foreign currency outputs or inputs.

* What is meant by exchange rate: the number of units of foreign currency, expressed in dollar per one dinar.In particular the following outputs and inputs of foreign currency were distinguished:

• Export-outputs.
    • Outputs marketed locally that substitute imports.
    • Imported inputs.
    • Inputs produced locally that usually go to exports.
    • Foreign labor.

According to the pricing rules the value of the output and input (traded) is calculated using export prices (FOB) and import prices (CIF), according to what is listed in the pricing rules.

In other words the pricing rules calculate what the project produces from foreign currency (quantity of exports multiplied by the export price (FOB) in foreign currency or the quantity of substitute imports multiplied by the import price (CIF) in foreign currency, as well as what the project uses from foreign currency and imported inputs multiplied by the import price (CIF) in foreign currency …. etc.).

In a later step, project outputs and inputs must be converted from the foreign currency to its equivalent in local currency (dinars) by using a specific exchange rate for the foreign currency.

2. Justifications for exchange-rate adjustment: there are a number of important and powerful arguments which support the view that the official exchange rate reduces the real value of foreign currency for purposes of calculating the economic national profitability for investment projects and hence for the purposes of investment planning. It is demonstrated in this context to call for assessing the dinar for less than (3.208) dollar (official exchange rate) when assessing project outputs and inputs of traded goods of exports, substitute imports and imports… etc.

The justifications to call for the use of an exchange rate that is lower than the official exchange rate are:

• The use of an exchange rate that is lower than the official rate is the appropriate action at the investment planning level to translate the country’s economic strategy aiming at stimulating central investments in the sectors that encourage the development of non-oil exports, as well as sectors that encourage the expansion of domestic production base in order to reduce imports and compensate it with local commodities. This helps to reduce reliance on foreign exchange earnings from crude oil exports and increases the share of non-oil sectors in the local production.
    • The application of the amended exchange rate on project imported inputs will assist in directing investments away from aggregated sectors dependent on imported inputs and the preference of those sectors that rely on locally produced inputs.
    • The use of the amended exchange rate helps to correct the balance in favor of the traded goods sectors compared to non-traded goods.
    • The real exchange rate has declined rapidly since the early seventies, through rapid rise of the level of prices and local costs which led by the steadiness of the official exchange rate to change in prices and actual local rate costs that gave an advantage for imported goods at the expense of locally produced goods, meaning that it led to deterioration of the competitiveness of alternative replacement goods and export commodities.
    • This action shows that the official exchange rate overestimates the value of the dinar, compared to the foreign currency and from the promoting goods substituting imports and export commodities point of view of.

And in support to this view is the state’s utilization and in a broad approach to the customs and quantitative protection policies especially for consumer goods, as well as export subsidies that exports have through an amended export exchange rate.

3. Estimate the amended exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar to be used in technical and economical feasibility studies and for (1.134) dollar per dinar. This price should be approved for 3 years until re-appreciation by the competent authorities.

The Republic of Iraq – Ministry of Planning

and

A "flashback recap" of a Live Q and A Call from about a year ago - on THE DAILY DINAR NEWS BLOG...

In general terms – there were three main focal points of interest I wanted to cover and then allow listeners to ask whatever questions they liked.

1) the SIGR report…

2) the Gold Article…

3) the IIER report…

I started the conversation out last night by highlighting how crazy this campaign being fielded to contact our lawmakers and bank CEO’s and tell them how unfair it is they are getting to exchange (exchange is the right terminology BTW – NOT “CASH-IN”) at 32.00 per Dinar and we are not – is. It is nuts.

Firstly, “they” are NOT being allowed to exchange “early” – or at 32.00 per Dinar. It makes you sound “stark raving MAD” to be caught saying such things. You would be better off barking at the moon. It is demeaning to the validity of a true currency play.

Secondly, this is entirely the wrong way to approach them. I pointed out on the call that Poppy and I fielded a very successful such campaign a couple of years ago. However, we sat down and came up with a much different approach. It was designed to get answers and to approach our lawmakers with respect and as their constituents. Not like a bunch of lunatics. We had extraordinary participation (because it made sense) and we received a good response from lawmakers. It started the conversation in a reasonable manner.

I asked one caller – “when was the last time you asked a banker for money and told him how unfair it was if he didn’t give it to you”??? Obviously – we chuckled…

Another caller asked me if (as DC had relayed) – the “zero’s were raised” and the lower denominations were in circulation??

I said plainly “no”…lower denominations being in circulation would (at the very least) imply there had been a value change. If there were no value change the lower denoms would not only be of little value, they would be such a hinderance – people might even throw them away just to get rid of them. So no – no lower denoms. I told the caller to check the
    CBI.iq website for “real” info on rate change.

The “zero’s being raised” or “deleted” – as explained by any reasonable researcher, economist or authority – is simply the process removing the large (3 zero notes) from circulation.

Referring to an Enorrste post from today on
    THE DINAR OBSERVER DAILY(you may want to put this on your favorites and check in several times a day – we to it often )

“…I have never found a single article from the CBI or the IMF that equates “delete the zeros” to the idea of “move the decimal point.” Instead, the statements overwhelmingly come out to mean “remove the large notes from circulation.”

Also – this recent internal memo put out by Wells Fargo is likely “push back” from this recent campaign. I pointed out that Pinnacle Bank published an article by an “affiliate” in their internal publication and then “highlighted it” in a similar internal memo a couple of years ago. It is just a defense mechanism. I’m sure Wells is tired of having their name dragged through the “internet rumor mill”. This is highly likely the reason for their vigorous denials about handling it in the future. They get so many useless calls – it isn’t worth the headache. Can you blame them??

Further, for any bank, lawmaker, adviser or official to state the “Dinar is a scam” is nearly as foolish as some of the internet “Gurus”. It is the official currency of a COUNTRY. I pointed out (below) the post from yesterday’s
    DINAR OBSERVER DAILY
    – highlights page 94 of the quarterly SIGR report to THE US CONGRESS in April of 2012…
    __________________________________________________ _____________

THIS REPORT WAS SENT TO CONGRESS LAST MAY. IT PLAINLY SHOWS IN THIS REPORT THEY EXPECTED THE DINAR TO REVALUE AT AROUND A DOLLAR IN 2013.

We are seeing and hearing that the inflation rate is still climbing and they are pushing to get us our money?? This report is from page 84 of the massive SIGR report.

BGG ~
    This is a screen shot from the “Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction” – Apr 2012, quarterly report to Congress. For members of our Government to say they have no idea what is going on here – means they haven’t read some very basic documents presented them.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

I pointed out (last night) this is a highly speculative investment. We are, in no way, guaranteed anything. However, this SIGR report gives us some valuable insights…

1) This is information given to the US CONGRESS on a quarterly basis… I find it hard to believe such an information source would intentionally mislead Congress. They tend to frown on such behavior. Which goes directly to the validity of this adventure – against all advice from Wells Fargo or other such naysayers.

2) It points out there having been a legitimate “plan” – or time frame in motion…having been projected to be done in 2013. We are obviously in “over time” now.

3) It gives us an idea as to who is in charge…the CoM – or Council of Ministers. Who do they answer to?? Maliki. Period. When is he likely to push this forward?? Historically – he has been a “weak Dinar” policy advocate. However, rumor from his own inner circle admits he can’t win a third term in office without some currency reform.

I fully expect him to use every tool in his “wheel house” to win – his recent moves in Anbar and the disputed territories prove as much. Currency reform has to be a “biggie”. Though this WAS their thinking a couple of months ago – there is no promise it is still part of their political calculus. We shall see.

4) Though no guarantee of the actual future plan they wind up engaging – this report points out an increase in value that would have taken the Dinar from “one-tenth of a cent” to a value “of slightly less than $1″..

__________________________________________________ ______________

AND

Coins put on the market !!

Nora Albjara member of the committee of economy and investment in the House of Representatives revealed that the central bank completed its preparations for the issuance of metal coins of seven small groups, in conjunction with the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes from the paper currency is currently in circulation.

She said in her statement Albjara "The project will take between four and five years, and which will be the launch of the categories of small coins gradually."

He predicted the financial expert Hilal Taan inflation rate declines, with the issuance of metal coins of small denominations in the daily financial transactions, remarkable that 3% of the value of inflation in Iraq due to the presence of large cash block.

The economic expert on behalf of Jamil Anton, noted that he may not find metal coins accepted by a lot of Iraqis, especially young people, due to the existence of an entire generation of Iraqis had not trading coins due to stop use since the early nineties of the twentieth century

waradana.com

And

CBI is preparing to issue a monetary metal parts

Metal coins from the category of 25 fils were in circulation until the nineties of the last century

Nora Albjara member of the committee of economy and investment in the House of Representatives revealed that the central bank completed its preparations for the issuance of metal coins of seven small groups, in conjunction with the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes from the paper currency is currently in circulation.

She said in her statement Albjara Radio Free Iraq, "said the project will take between four and five years, and which will be the launch of the categories of small coins gradually."

He predicted the financial expert Hilal Taan inflation rate declines, with the issuance of metal coins of small denominations in the daily financial transactions, remarkable that 3% of the value of inflation in Iraq due to the presence of large cash block.

The economic expert on behalf of Jamil Anton, noted that he may not find coins accepted by a lot of Iraqis, especially young people, due to the existence of an entire generation of Iraqis had not trading coins due to stop use since the early nineties of the twentieth century.

https://www.iraqhurr.org/content/article/26666313.html

and

Another "FLASHBACK"...

Economists Divided Over Deletion Of Zeros

By Amina al-Dahabi for Al-Monitor.

The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) has been attempting to delete three zeros from the Iraqi currency since 2003. This project has raised many concerns among the Iraqi public and within the business community, and Iraqi economists are divided…

…Haider al-Abadi, the head of the Iraqi parliamentary Finance Committee, told Al-Monitor that while deleting zeros from the current currency is possible, this has been postponed until after parliamentary elections. He noted that studies are being carried out to ensure that, following the currency change, counterfeiting is limited and that Iraqis don’t go back to trading in the old currency.

The step to delete zeros from the currency has been postponed several times, leading the parliamentary Economic Committee to demand that the CBI accelerate this project, as Al-Sharqiya reported. In a news conference held July 6, the Economic Committee confirmed that the deletion of zeros will lead to an increase in the value of the Iraqi dinar and will have positive repercussions, including a reduction in unemployment and poverty rates in the country.

ARTICLE LINK

Crush Expected When Kuwaiti Banks Reopen Today

March 24, 1991|From Reuters

KUWAIT CITY, Kuwait — Thousands of Kuwaitis are expected to jam the country's banks today when they open for the first time since the end of the Iraqi occupation.

Customers will be allowed to withdraw funds and to swap pre-invasion money for a new currency issued to make more than $1 billion in pre-invasion dinars stolen by the Iraqis worthless.

"We expect a rush of people," said Issam Asousi, an executive with the Bank of Kuwait. He said it could be a chaotic first week because customers have a lot of questions about their accounts.

Kuwaiti banks continued operating during the seven-month Iraqi occupation under managers brought in from Iraq, but they have been closed since the U.S.-led alliance ousted the Iraqi army from Kuwait a month ago.

When the banks reopen today, customers will be able to withdraw up to 4,000 Kuwaiti dinars, equivalent to about $14,000 at pre-invasion exchange rates from their accounts, and to exchange a like amount for foreign currency.

Balances of customers' accounts will go back to what they were on Aug. 1, a day before the invasion.

Clients will not be able to exchange Iraqi currency issued during the occupation, when Baghdad pegged the rates of the strong Kuwaiti dinar to the far less valuable Iraqi dinar.

The new Kuwaiti money will be exchanged for old at a one-to-one rate.

https://articles.latimes.com/1991-03-..._kuwaiti-banks

BGG ~ Thanks to wmawhite for some facts on the subject.

Hi BGG,

Just thought I would drop you an email. I listened to the call, and was interested in what was said about Kuwait, if I may - I will add my 2 cents worth.

You were spot on with what you said, I have a close friend who's father made a killing on the KWD. He bought from people who had fled the country and he paid pennies on the dollar (we are in Australia). He took the chance that Iraq would be kicked back out and he was right.

When the money was reinstated, he exchanged it for AUD at a rate in the mid 3s. The interesting thing about it is, Iraq invaded in November 1990 (I think), they were kicked back out at the end of Feb 1991, the banks reopened with a brand new KWD in late March, that's not a bad time frame to get a currency designed, printed and made ready to use, also the time that the old KWD was valid was initially only for 2 months, then extended to 6, so it was valid until Sept 1991, interesting I think.

Also the other thing that seems to be a "fact" in Dinar land is Bill Clinton used the Kuwait RV to pay off the debt. However, Clinton was not President in 91, he did not take office until 93, even I know that and I am an Aussie.

Anyway thanks for the site and enjoy listening to your calls.

Kind Regards,
    Kevin

Re: The Dinar Daily, Sunday January 25, 2015

Announcement No. (2872)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 25-1-2015 results were as follows:

DETAILS NOTES
    Number of banks 12
    Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1166
    Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----
    Amount sold at auction price (US$) 97,918,000
    Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----
    Total offers for buying (US$) 97,918,000
    Total offers for selling (US$) -----

Market Rate 1215

SO FAR NO AUCTIONS LISTED FOR YESTERDAY, SATURDAY JANUARY 24, 2015
    Last edited by sczin11; 01-25-2015 at 10:57 AM.

National Reconciliation Conference Thread

ALL POSTS REGARDING THE SUBJECT TITLE ARE WELCOME AND THIS WILL BE A CONTINUING THREAD, BUT ESPECIALLY CONFERENCE CONTENT AND TIMING

WHAT IS THIS " NATIONAL RECONCILIATION " ?

'How This Ends':
    Iraq's Uncertain Path toward National Reconciliation
    Michael Eisenstadt and Ahmed Ali
    Also available in العربية
    Policy #1553
    July 17, 2009
    During Iraqi prime minister Nouri al-Maliki's visit to Washington next week, the Obama administration will likely seek to reinvigorate that country's flagging reconciliation process as part of ongoing efforts to establish a stable political order in Iraq. Progress, however, continues to be hindered by ongoing violence, deep-seated suspicions, and partisan politics, raising questions about the ultimate prospects for national reconciliation.

Reconciliation and Postconflict Stability

The process by which war-torn societies heal is imperfectly understood. Experience, however, suggests that societies undertaking a formal reconciliation process to consolidate domestic peace agreements have a better chance of avoiding further civil conflict than those that do not.

Before 2003, U.S. and Iraqi thinking about reconciliation focused largely on the legacy of Saddam Hussein. Today, after six years of insurgency and civil war, reconciliation must also deal with the legacy of violence among ethnosectarian groups, and between former insurgents and the Iraqi government.

Successful reconciliation efforts, such as those in Argentina, Chile, El Salvador, Honduras, Mozambique, South Africa, and Uruguay, require courageous and visionary leadership, and often involve the following elements:

Truth telling, which permits victims to share traumas and perpetrators to acknowledge guilt
    Redefining social identities by portraying both victims and perpetrators as fellow citizens
    Partial justice, where victims are compensated and at least some of the perpetrators are punished
    Public events that promote forgiveness and new beginnings
    Most of these aspects, however, are missing from Iraq's flawed reconciliation process, which encompasses a diverse array of activities involving a broad array of actors -- the Iraqi and U.S. governments, nongovernmental and international organizations (NGOs and IOs), and neighboring states. These activities are often based on divergent assumptions about the nature of reconciliation and the means to achieving it.

U.S. Efforts

Since 2003, the United States has promoted reconciliation through the following activities:

Working to incorporate Sunni Arabs into the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) and the political process
    Making amends for the inadvertent killing of Iraqi civilians by offering apologies and compensation
    Engaging "reconcilable" elements in the Sunni Arab insurgency that are willing to join the political process
    Mending ties between estranged communities (Sunnis and Shiites, Arabs and Kurds) by organizing meetings to address common problems
    Pressing the Iraqi government to legislate the integration of former insurgents and disenfranchised communities into the political process
    Documenting property claims and disputes
    A tendency to view Iraq almost exclusively through an ethnosectarian prism undermined early U.S. reconciliation efforts and unwittingly contributed to the polarization of Iraqi society. Inadequate resourcing, a lack of interagency coordination, and a refusal to talk with insurgents also hindered these efforts.

The U.S. took a new approach in the runup to and during the 2007 troop surge, when the U.S. military opted to work with former insurgents from various Awakening groups, known as Sons of Iraq (SOI), to fight al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI). These bottom-up efforts, which focused mainly on reconciliation between U.S. forces and local Iraqi communities and insurgent groups, enjoyed significant success. During the surge, however, broadened efforts to reconcile estranged Iraqi communities, and former insurgents with the Iraqi government, witnessed only mixed success.

Iraqi Efforts

Many Iraqis saw the post-Saddam government's early attempts at reconciliation by retribution and compensation as nothing more than victor's justice. Retribution was carried out by de-Baathification and the trial of former regime personalities such as Saddam Hussein and Ali Hassan al-Majid (Chemical Ali). Compensation was achieved through the establishment of government foundations to care for Iraqis who had been maimed, imprisoned, or killed by the previous regime.

In June 2006, shortly after becoming prime minister, al-Maliki announced a twenty-four-point national reconciliation plan that included provisions for amnesty, conferences, a review of de-Baathification procedures, compensation for victims, punishment for terrorists and war criminals, and the creation of the Supreme Committee for Dialogue and National Reconciliation (SCDNR). Minister of State for National Dialogue Affairs Akram al-Hakim, a close associate of al-Maliki, heads this committee, an organization that attempts to engage Iraqi tribes, civil society organizations, political parties, and religious leaders. Al-Hakim oversees, at least in theory, all governmental entities involved in reconciliation, although quite tellingly, the committee lacks a professional staff and remains unfunded (parliament rescinded $65 million earmarked by the Council of Ministers).

The Iraqi government's principal operational arm for reconciliation is the Implementation and Follow-Up Committee for National Reconciliation (IFCNR), which was established in June 2007 and is currently headed by Muhammad Salman al-Saadi, another al-Maliki associate. While formally under the purview of SCDNR, it actually reports directly to the prime minister and enjoys a high degree of autonomy. It deals mainly with the vetting of former regime personnel, tribal affairs (including both Awakening and tribal support councils), internally displaced persons, access to basic services (denial of which was used in the past to punish perceived enemies), and job creation issues.

In September 2007, the Iraqi parliament established the ad hoc National Reconciliation Committee (NRC). The independent Sunni parliamentarian Wathab Shaker heads this committee, and its dozen or so members are drawn from nearly all major parties. The NRC is not, however, a major player. Its primary activities include working for the release of mainly Sunni detainees and serving occasionally as an interlocutor to the Arab League.

In January 2008, the Iraqi parliament passed the Accountability and Justice Law to supplant the de-Baathification system established in 2003 by the Coalition Provisional Authority. Although some of its provisions are improvements -- less stringent criteria for de-Baathification, more generous pensions for dismissed personnel, forfeiture of restored rights in the event of demonstrated culpability for criminal acts, and an independent appeals mechanism -- others are not, such as exceptions to the new de-Baathification criteria and the wholesale dismissal from government service of former employees of Baath-era security agencies. The commission required to implement the law, moreover, has not yet been established.

In addition to these top-down governmental efforts, a number of bottom-up initiatives have originated from civil society, in the form of community and tribal gatherings.

The Iraqi government's reconciliation activities have been hampered by the taint of politicization and the lack of follow-through. A desire for revenge rather than reconciliation was seen as driving early de-Baathification efforts and trials of former regime personalities, further polarizing Iraqi society. Al-Maliki uses IFCNR to extend patronage to his supporters, such as the tribal support councils, and to exert leverage over his former enemies, while members of parliament apparently drove the creation of the NRC to ensure that the government addressed their reconciliation agenda.

Since al-Maliki outlined his ambitious agenda in 2006, accomplishments have been modest. Although dismissed army officers have been reinstated, personnel from the former regime's security forces have been paid their pensions, and local reconciliation efforts have gone well, problems remain. The Accountability and Justice Law remains largely unimplemented, key proposed amendments to the constitution have not been passed, and it is unclear whether the government will find stable employment for the eighty percent of former SOI militiamen who not being integrated into the ISF.

Finally, differences between Baghdad and the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) have been dealt with primarily by deferring difficult decisions on such key issues as the status of Kirkuk, governance in Ninawa province, oil, peshmerga/ISF relations, and the KRG constitution.

NGOs, IOs, and Neighbors

Numerous foreign NGOs have supported the reconciliation process by training conflict resolution facilitators and sponsoring workshops and conferences to promote dialogue among Iraqis, resolve local conflicts, and forge a common future vision for the country.

The UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) has promoted reconciliation by supporting elections, working to resolve the issue of Kirkuk, and helping draft the International Compact with Iraq. The Arab League sponsored the Conference for National Reconciliation in Cairo in November 2005 and dispatched a permanent mission to Baghdad in April 2006. The League's effectiveness, however, has been limited due to its failure to continuously staff its Baghdad office and tensions between its largely Sunni Arab membership and the largely Shiite Iraqi government. Finally, the government of Jordan has hosted a number of conferences to promote dialogue and reconciliation among Iraqis.

While it is hard to assess the overall impact of these diverse activities, some NGO-sponsored peace-building efforts have yielded important local benefits.

Reconciliation Challenges

A number of factors are likely to complicate efforts to achieve national reconciliation in Iraq:

Vested interests. Perhaps the biggest challenge is that key political parties have successfully exploited ethnosectarian grievances as a means of mobilizing support. These parties have a vested interest in perpetuating the political status quo and would stand to lose a great deal if a postsectarian style of politics in Iraq were to emerge as a result of a successful reconciliation process.

Persistent violence. Ongoing violence, although at greatly reduced levels, prevents old wounds from healing, opens new wounds, and creates the potential for renewed civil war. This reality lends immediacy to one of the principal conclusions of a landmark World Bank study on civil conflict: nearly half of all countries emerging from civil war suffer a relapse within five years.

Elusive consensus. Fundamental disagreements remain among Iraqis on a number of key issues, such as de-Baathification, the oil law, and Kirkuk. The fragmentation of Iraqi politics (more than four hundred parties and entities participated in recent provincial elections) complicates efforts to identify individuals capable of speaking for and negotiating on behalf of broad constituencies.

Justice denied. Many of those responsible for the worst bloodletting in recent years -- including leaders of antigovernment insurgent groups and government death squads -- are still involved in public life as members of provincial councils, the ISF, or parliament and show no contrition for their actions.

Demographic complexity. Because various population groups remain intermingled throughout the country despite years of ethnosectarian cleansing, incidents in one place may have broad consequences elsewhere.

Multilayered conflicts. Iraq's civil war involved conflicts within, as well as between, communities: the "nationalist resistance" vs. AQI, Awakening councils vs. Islamists, Jaish al-Mahdi vs. ISF units aligned with the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq. For this reason, intra- and intercommunal reconciliation is needed. To date, most reconciliation efforts have focused on the legacy of intercommunal conflicts, though ultimately both legacies need to be addressed.

Iraqi political culture. While Arab tribal culture and Islam have provided the normative justifications and mechanisms for reconciliation at the local level, the desire for revenge, a zero-sum approach to politics, and religious extremism have hindered reconciliation at the national level.

Election-year politics. In March 2009, when the government expressed a willingness to reconcile with some Baathists, a number of civil society organizations (all apparently linked to the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq) were formed to thwart these efforts. It will be difficult for the government to ignore these organizations in the run-up to the January 2010 elections, lest it appear "soft" on Baathism and lose the support of key constituencies.

External meddling. Syria, the Gulf Arab states, and Iran supported groups such as AQI and Jaish al-Mahdi, contributing greatly to the 2006-2007 Iraqi civil war and ongoing violence. Preventing the arming, training, and funding of such spoilers is key to keeping the peace in Iraq and moving the reconciliation process forward.

For all these reasons, Iraqis are likely to coexist uneasily for the foreseeable future. National reconciliation, if it occurs at all, could take years.

Next Steps

Preventing major renewed outbreaks of violence is an essential condition for successful reconciliation in Iraq. Accordingly, the main U.S. priorities in the next two years should be to press the Iraqi government to find stable employment -- even if "make work" -- for former SOI personnel and army officers who participated in the insurgency, and to prevent clashes between the ISF and KRG forces in contested areas.

This will require the United States, first, to expend significant political capital to convince the Iraqi government to take steps it finds extremely distasteful and, second, to continue to discourage the KRG from undertaking actions that could be perceived as provocative by other Iraqis. By the same token, the United States will have to tolerate al-Maliki's efforts to reconcile with members of Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr's movement, including "special group" militants who have American blood on their hands.

Furthermore, the United States and the international community should seek to advance the reconciliation process by:

Working to enhance the capacity and professionalism of SCDNR and the Ministry of Justice, which plays a key role with regard to a number of potentially sensitive transitional justice issues
    Making foreign aid, investment, and debt forgiveness contingent on the Iraqi government's progress toward reconciliation, and by supporting, financially and materially, those organizations and entities, both Iraqi and foreign, actively working toward this goal
    Encouraging postsectarian politics in Iraq by funding NGOs that assist in the development of issue-based parties; urging the passage of a law that would require parties to declare sources of financing and proscribe funding from foreign sources (thereby reducing opportunities for foreign meddling in Iraqi politics); and pushing for the adoption of an open-list, multiple-district system for the January 2010 national elections, which is more likely to produce cross-sectarian political coalitions
    Fostering the creation of professional, nonsectarian civil service and security forces by offering merit-based training, education, and scholarships in the United States and elsewhere. Military assistance should be made contingent on continued progress toward creating an apolitical, professional, and reasonably representative officer corps
    Tapping into the widespread yearning for change in Iraq by issuing statements to the Iraqi and Arab media supportive of issue-based politics and free and fair elections. This will limit al-Maliki's ability to indulge his sectarian instincts and avoid meaningful reconciliation.
    Finally, the international community should encourage the establishment of an independent, nonpartisan Iraqi organization, whose board of governors is confirmed by parliament, to coordinate and prioritize nongovernmental reconciliation activities and to serve as a counterbalance to IFCNR and SCDNR. UNAMI, if properly resourced, might assist with this effort. Such an entity would help NGOs and local and provincial governments facilitate bottom-up reconciliation.

Iraq is unlikely to resolve the many issues on its reconciliation agenda in the near -- or even distant -- future. Nonetheless, an energized reconciliation process that facilitates incremental progress on key issues, bolsters the security gains of the past two years, and helps tamp down ongoing violence is vital to the interests of both the United States and Iraq.

The authors would like to acknowledge the work of William J. Long and Peter Brecke, authors of War and Reconciliation: Reason and Emotion in Conflict Resolution. A list of additional published sources used in this paper is available upon request.

Michael Eisenstadt is a senior fellow and director of The Washington Institute's Military and Security Studies Program. Ahmed Ali is a research associate at the Institute, focusing on Iraq and Iran.

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/p...reconciliation

AND

National Reconciliation in Iraq

Reality & Horizon

https://www.socialwatch.org/sites/def...ation_Iraq.pdf

THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION

Iraqi president announces steps towards national reconciliation
    Massoum says will press ahead with efforts to heal Iraq's sectarian rifts after meeting with UN envoy
    Fuad Masoum, the new president of Iraq and a veteran Kurdish politician, speaks during a press conference in Baghdad on July 24, 2014. (AFP PHOTO / ALI AL-SAADI)
    Fuad Masoum, the new president of Iraq and a veteran Kurdish politician, speaks during a press conference in Baghdad on July 24, 2014. (AFP PHOTO / ALI AL-SAADI)

Baghdad, Asharq Al-Awsat—Iraqi President Fuad Massoum reaffirmed his intention to push forward a process of national political reconciliation on Tuesday, following a meeting with the UN Special Envoy to Iraq Nikolay Mladenov.
    “[The Iraqi government] is seeking to take decisive and resolute steps and reconsider some resolutions and laws in order to achieve national reconciliation and bring security and welfare,” a statement quoted Massoum as saying during a meeting with Mladenov.

“National reconciliation is a social need; therefore, it cannot be achieved via meetings, conferences and pretense only. Rather, it requires strong will and actual participation from everyone, particularly since Iraq now is in need of reconciliation and solidarity more than ever,” the statement continued.

Since the downfall of the former dictator Saddam Hussein following the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, Iraq has been increasingly beset by bloody sectarian violence and conflict at all levels, the most recent example of which has been the rise of the Sunni extremist organization the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

In particular, Iraq’s Sunnis, politically predominant in the pre-2003 era, have become increasingly disillusioned and disaffected by the rise of Shi’ite parties to power in Iraq, something experts say has contributed to the success of ISIS and groups like it.

The US has called on the government of Shi’ite prime minister Haider Al-Abdadi to begin a reconciliation process with Iraqi Sunni leaders, and has warned that it will be necessary to integrate Sunni tribal militias into the security forces in order to defeat ISIS, something the previous government led by Nuri Al-Maliki was deeply reluctant to do.

Massoum has tasked his Vice-President Iyad Allawi with following up on the issue of national reconciliation. The Shi’ite politician has held a series of meetings with exiled politicians and tribal leaders in Jordan, UAE and Qatar in a bid to involve them in the national reconciliation project.

During his meeting with the UN special envoy, Massoum reiterated that “extensive national reconciliation is the only way to get rid of difficulties and help maintain security and social peace.”

The United Nations would support Iraq in all fields and help it overcome its problems, Mladenov pledged.

The Iraqi president told a group of reporters in November that he would “adopt an extensive national reconciliation project early next year.”

“President Massoum possesses an integrated program and a clear vision regarding national reconciliation and once he is done with consultations and meetings, practical steps will begin,” a spokesman for the Iraqi presidency, Khalid Shawani, told Asharq Al-Awsat.

According to Shawani, Massoum’s national reconciliation project will focus on two tracks: a political track, involving consultations with members of all of Iraq’s sects and ethnicities, and a legislative track, involving the review of existing legislation with an eye to fostering a greater degree of political and social reconciliation.

The project will address several critical issues, such as the sectarian basis of Iraq’s political system (which unofficially reserves the presidency for a Kurd, the premiership for a Shi’ite, and the speaker of parliament’s chair for a Sunni), the issue of former Ba’athists and military personnel who fought against US forces, and individuals harmed by Saddam Hussein’s regime, Allawi previously said in a statement.

While these issues have been raised before, some political leaders said that a push to tackle Iraq’s sectarian crisis had been given added urgency by the rise of ISIS and the threat of the country’s disintegration along ethnic and sectarian lines.

Speaking exclusively to Asharq Al-Awsat, Iraqi Communist Party politburo member Raed Fahmy said unlike the past, the present political conditions in Iraq encourage national reconciliation efforts.

“National reconciliation this time seems to be more of a reality than just mere words,” he said.

https://www.aawsat.net/2014/12/article55339569

AND

Iraqi president announces steps towards national reconciliation

Baghdad: Iraqi President Fuad Masum reaffirmed his intention to push forward a process of national political reconciliation on Tuesday, following a meeting with the UN Special Envoy to Iraq Nikolay Mladenov. “[The Iraqi government] is seeking to take decisive and resolute steps and reconsider some resolutions and laws in order to achieve national reconciliation and bring security and welfare,” a statement quoted Masum as saying during a meeting with Mladenov. “National reconciliation is a social need; therefore, it cannot be achieved via meetings, conferences and pretense only. Rather, it requires strong will and actual participation from everyone, particularly since Iraq now is in need of reconciliation and solidarity more than ever,” the statement continued. “President Masum possesses an integrated program and a clear vision regarding national reconciliation and once he is done with consultations and meetings, practical steps will begin,” a spokesman for the Iraqi presidency, Khalid Shawani, told Asharq Al-Awsat. According to Shawani, Masum’s national reconciliation project will focus on two tracks: a political track, involving consultations with members of all of Iraq’s sects and ethnicities, and a legislative track, involving the review of existing legislation with an eye to fostering a greater degree of political and social reconciliation...aawsat.net

https://ekurd.net/mismas/articles/mis...dlocal1824.htm

National: Allawi officially received the national reconciliation file and begin great strides

Twilight News / National coalition led by said Vice President Iyad Allawi, on Wednesday, the latter formally recognizes the national reconciliation file in the country, adding that Allawi will begin the implementation of its internal and external levels. The spokeswoman said the coalition victory Allawi’s “Twilight News”, “The meeting, which brought together the three presidencies this week (the presidency of the republic, ministers, MPs) during which delivery Iyad Allawi formally national reconciliation file.” Allawi said that “Iyad Allawi will invest its relationship with the Arab and regional in terms of implementation of the national reconciliation project to stop the ranks with Iraq in its war against al Daash,” pointing out that “Allawi also will begin activating the internal file over the meetings and conferences with state institutions and tribal chain.” Tensm and Iyad Allawi, his vice-president of the Iraqi Republic, after nearly eight years of practice for the role of the opposition political Former Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, who currently serves as the Vice President of the Republic as well. shafaaq.com Related Posts Abadi Davos: Iraq develop its economy despite the challenges (Jan 23, 2015) Adel Abdul-Mahdi: Iraq will be a rising economic power (Jan 23, 2015) Abadi looking with the founder of the Economic Forum ways (Jan 23, 2015) Abadi: We lost 40% of our economy for the drop in oil (Jan 23, 2015) Allawi opposed the secession of the Kurdistan region at the moment (Jan 23, 2015) Tags: al-Maliki Allawi Daash Iraq reconcilation file war

https://iraqdinar.us

RECENT NEWS

Jubouri, Allawi discuss national reconciliation file

Monday, December 12 2 / January 2015 22:29

[Baghdad-where]

Search House Speaker Salim al-Jubouri, in his private office on Monday, with Vice President Iyad Allawi and his accompanying delegation developments in the political process.

A statement by the Office of the al-Jubouri, the agency received all of Iraq [where] a copy of which the two sides discussed "in particular national reconciliation undertaken by the Vice President of the Republic in the light of dialogue and reconciliation initiative launched by President al-Jubouri, a recent file".

The statement added, "It was also agreed to work on the coordination of future attitudes and unify the visions on the important files that would reflect positively on the overall situation in Iraq."

The head of the House of Representatives Saleem al-Jubouri, revealed earlier, all preparations are underway to hold a conference sponsored by the state of the dialogue with the opposition and includes measures of accountability and justice law [de-Baathification previously.

As confirmed yesterday that "dialogue and national reconciliation of the basic issues that the House of Representatives Saouliha interest in it and we are among the fans on opening the prospect of sustained dialogue between is a participant in the government and the House of Representatives, as well as the opposition and certainly the next few days will lead to the results are clear and information" .anthy

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...jPDD2BI4OowAKQ

24 JANUARY 2015
    Hakim calls upon the United Nations to adopt the next conference of harmony and reconciliation in Iraq
    (COURTESY OF DEBBIE / IQD TEAM)

BAGHDAD / .. head of the Islamic Supreme Council Ammar al-Hakim, the Sabbath, the United Nations called on to put points on the letters regarding the problems and obstacles to national reconciliation and harmony in the next conference .

Hakim said, during a meeting with the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations Nikolay Mladenov, according to a statement his office "Eye Iraq News" received a copy of it, that "the United Nations should adopt the next Conference of harmony and reconciliation, which is sponsored by the UN agency in the next month and diagnose problems and obstacles plan and program in order to achieve success and move it forward . "

Hakim praised the UN efforts in Agaúh displaced, stressing the need for more efforts because of bad humanitarian situation of the displaced from their areas due to military operations .

For his part, Mladenov "The United Nations is in the process of establishing a special fund for the reconstruction of areas liberated from the grip of Daash in Iraq," noting that the United Nations is seeking to alleviate the suffering of displaced families and reduce the humanitarian burden them .

He said during a press conference held after the Hakim meeting, he discussed with him the subject of harmony, to be held under UN auspices in the next month, and the London Conference of the Coalition and the progress of the Iraqi forces and the level of international assistance to Iraq government program and legislation related to it .

In another context, Hakim said, "What happened in France suffered from a French magazine to attack a terrorist crime is the subject of condemnation and stand deduced them, and do not accept that the Muslims in the world are exposed to collective punishment and to offend their beliefs . "

The United Nations has called for intensified efforts for the release of the Bahraini opposition Ali Salman, describing it as "believers in democracy, and that his continued detention and trial would cause sectarian strife, indispensable in the region as well as the deepening divide between the Islamic doctrines"

https://aynaliraqnews.com/index.php?aa=news&id22=30001

SCZIN11- JANUARY 25, 2015

Mladenov up to Karbala to attend meetings on dialogue and reconciliation in Iraq

Sunday, January 25 2 / January 2015 11:58
    [Karbala-where]

Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Nikolai Miladinov, arrived Sunday morning, the city of Karbala.
    Mladenov and visit Karbala to attend the round table meetings on the national dialogue and reconciliation in Iraq.
    And participate in this conference Karbala governor Akil Turaihi and President of the Council Nassif rhetorical political and human rights figures from the provinces of Najaf and Babil.
    And place these days between the political parties dialogues about the initiative put forward by House Speaker Salim al-Jubouri for dialogue with the opposition parties to include destinations outside Iraq.
    The al-Jubouri, had revealed earlier, all preparations are underway to hold a conference sponsored by the state of the dialogue with the opposition and includes measures of accountability and justice law [de-Baathification previously.
    As al-Jubouri said in 11 of this month that "dialogue and national reconciliation of the basic issues that the House of Representatives Saouliha interest in it and we are among the fans on opening the prospect of sustained dialogue between is a participant in the government and the House of Representatives, as well as the opposition and certainly the next few days will lead to the results to be clear and information. "
    For his part, President of the Republic Fuad Masum, revealed last Thursday on "The preparation of the expanded national reconciliation conference will take months," pointing out that "everyone will be invited to the conference, including members of armed factions that have not stained their hands with the blood of Iraqis."
    He said that "with the cancellation of the law of accountability, justice and the assignment of its files to the courts because they are transitional rule in the Constitution, and the time came to revise this law," pointing out that "the presence of proposals to cancel the Justice and Accountability Act, and legislation prohibition of belonging to the Baath party law," adding that he "can not keep all I belong to the former Baath Party, "because they would be half of the Iraqi people." End quote

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...4pOnjqQd0Ddw-w

Mladenov: call for reconciliation in Iraq is very encouraging and will enhance the government's efforts to reform

Sunday, January 25 2 / January 2015 23:06

[Baghdad-where]
    Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Nikolay Mladenov described the call for reconciliation in Iraq as "very encouraging and it will strengthen the government's efforts at reform."
    According to a statement of the mission internationalism [UNAMI] received by all of Iraq [where] a copy of Mladenov "presided over today in the city of Karbala first forum of a series of forums Roundtable held with civil society and the public and tribal leaders, clerics and scholars from the provinces of Karbala, Najaf and Babil about social cohesion between the Iraqi social and political actors, which was held in Baghdad on 26 and November 27, 2014 ".
    The statement quoted Mladenov said that "collective call by the participants to promote peaceful coexistence and national dialogue and reconciliation is very encouraging," adding that "this support will strengthen the government's efforts to revitalize its program of reform and reconciliation."
    He said the UN envoy "It is encouraging to see the clergy and dignitaries of the community to communicate with their communities for the purpose of setting issues that affect the reconciliation efforts and strengthen comprehensive dialogue in Iraq among the priorities," noting that "should these messages continue to spread in order to devote the principles of inclusiveness, trust and compatibility between the components of Iraq." .
    Participants at the meeting stressed the importance of strengthening the social and religious cohesion as well as healing the divisions within Iraqi society.

He is scheduled to hold a second forum in the province of Basra in the first week of February next.
    anthy

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...vb9pP4PzTvhXaA

ONE MIGHT ARGUE THAT THE Justice and Accountability Act IS A LAW THAT NEEDS TO BE REVISED BEFORE THERE CAN / SHOULD BE A CONFERENCE
    - CHATTELS

Ordeal: the government is determined to amend the Justice and Accountability Act

MP for the Iraqi National Alliance honest ordeal, said the political blocs agreed within the paper political agreement to amend the law of accountability and justice in a fair, pointing out that the government is determined to amend the law. He said the ordeal told all of Iraq [where], "The Justice and Accountability Act needs to be amended," he said, adding that he "must be invoked to eliminate any crime if there was Msthompsk must prove that there is no selective." He added that "most of those affected were not their crimes against the Iraqi people," noting that "the prime minister Haider al-Abadi is determined to end this matter." He said the ordeal that "modifying the law of accountability and neutrophil came within the paper political agreement between the political blocs, that modifies the fair, but until now have not been discussed either in the Cabinet or Parliament, or between the blocks."The Legal Committee of the National Alliance would deal with this law, and we will soon be upon the law on freedom of expression." He was President, Fuad Masum said last Wednesday, during a meeting with a delegation from the Committee on Justice and Accountability in the House of Representatives on the need to review some of the accountability and justice, and the differences in views concerning the efforts to settle outstanding issues laws. The General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, was announced earlier this month, for completion of the law and accountability.

https://tinyurl.com/lxppvxw
    Last edited by chattels; 01-26-2015 at 09:29 AM.

*************ALL RECENT UPDATES WILL BE IN THIS COLOR *******

JANUARY 21, LATE IN AFTERNOON, SOME INFORMATION WAS BROUGHT INTO CHAT BY ONE OF OUR MEMBERS, UNFORTUNATELY , WITH LITTLE BACK-UP.... I HAVE STARTED LOOKING INTO IT, AS HAVE OTHERS I CONTACTED, BUT WANTED TO GIVE YOU ALL THE INFORMATION, ASAP, AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE, AS WE CAN! THIS IN MY OPINION, IS HUGE NEWS! **********
    JANUARY 24- ALL 8 COMPANIES LISTED BELOW HAVE BEEN LOOKED UP..MANY ARE MANAGED BY CBI, AND I CAN NOT FIND WEB SITES FOR THEM AS YET.. WE WILL KEEP LOOKING!
    _____

I WOULD LIKE TO TRY AN CLARIFY THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE 8 MONEY TRANSFER COMPANIES TRADING ON THE ISX..... **** THEY ARE NOT TRIGGERS FOR AN INTERNATIONALLY TRADEABLE CURRENCY ***** ... IN OTHER WORDS, THEY DO NOT MEAN AN RV!!!! .... THESE COMPANIES HAVE BEEN TRANSFERRING MONEY AND IN BUSINESS FOR QUITE SOME TIME... HERE IS THE SIGNIFICANCE SIMPLY PUT.... WHEN A COMPANY GOES PUBLIC, LISTS ON A STOCK EXCHANGE, THE ANTICIPATION, SPECULATION IF YOU WILL, IS THAT THEY ARE A SUCCESSFUL COMPANY, LOOKING FOR INVESTMENT DOLLARS, IN THE HOPES OF GROWING EVEN MORE...THE IDEA THAT BUSINESS WILL GROW, PROFITS WILL GROW, AND ALL WILL MAKE MORE MONEY THAN BEFORE BEING LISTED... OWNERSHIP OF THE COMPANY BECOMES THE INVESTORS OF THE SHARES, AS OPPOSED TO THE ORIGINAL FOUNDERS....THAT BEING SAID, WHY WOULD 8 MONEY TRANSFER COMPANIES, ALL AT ONE TIME, LOOK TO BE LISTED ON THE ISX? WHY WOULD THEY BE ANTICIPATING HUGE DESIRES FOR INVESTORS TO COME IN? WHY WOULD THEY THINK PROFITS WOULD RISING?

____

ISX NEW LISTINGS....NEW CATEGORY FORMED AS WELL ON THE ISX SITE FOR THESE NEW LISTINGS!

Money Transfer
    Ataa Al-Garri Company for Money Transfer
    Al-Harir for Money Transfer
    Al Taif Money Transfer
    Al-Muhej Money Transfer
    AL-Iraqia for Money Transfer
    Mouta for Remittance
    Sama Baghdad Finance Transfer
    United Arab Money Transfer

There is some news on a few of these companies, some were supposed to start trading on January 15, however, so far, I have found no updated information on any.

NOTE: THESE ARE ALL MONEY TRANSFER COMPANIES........ COMPANIES THAT ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF SENDING "WIRES" OF CURRENCY FROM ONE LOCATION TO ANOTHER!!!! THEY PROVIDE MANY DIVERSIFIED SERVICES, THEY CONVERT CURRENCIES IN THE PROCESS OF SENDING THE CURRENCY, WHEN REQUIRED......AND WHEN IS THAT? FOR INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS.....WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD 8 (EIGHT) DIFFERENT MONEY TRANSFER COMPANIES, BE LISTED ON THE ISX, ALL AT ONE TIME? WHAT IS THE REASON FOR BECOMING A PUBLICLY TRADED COMPANY, AS OPPOSED TO STAYING PRIVATELY OWNED? WHO WOULD INVEST IN THE COMPANY, IF IT WEREN'T THINKING THERE WAS A WAY TO MAKE MONEY, MEANING PROFITS, AND NOT LOSSES? ...ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME HERE? WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND, WOULD INVEST IN A MONEY TRANSFER COUNTRY, ON THE ISX, IF THEY WERE ONLY GOING TO BE TRANSFERRING IRAQI DINAR AT 1166/1 USD, OR BETTER YET, IF THEY WERE ONLY GOING TO BE HANDLING IN-COUNTRY TRANSACTIONS?

HERE IS THE ONLY NEWS I COULD FIND THUS FAR....

New companies to start trading in Iraq Stock Market (ISX)

Shares of Al-Iraqia For Money Transfer (MTIR), Al-Taif

Money Transfer (MTAI) and Al-Harir for Money

Transfer (MTAH) will start trading on Feb. 5, 2015

. Shares of Sama Baghdad Finance Transfer (MTSB)

will start trading on Feb. 8, 2015.

https://www.rs.iq/iraq_news/view/6680

https://www.isx-iq.net/isxportal/port...GuideList.html

I HAVE JUST STARTED RESEARCHING..

AL IRAQIA FOR MONEY TRANSFERS....
    https://www.aliraqiamt.org/index.htm ......

Launch trading of shares of AL-Iraqia for Money Transfer on Thursday Feb 5, 2015
    25/01/2015 06:46

THEY ARE WESTERN UNION AGENTS....BEEN AROUND...GROWING SINCE THE BEGINNING.... READ THE SERVICES THEY PROVIDE...

Purchase currency
    · Money transfer to/from Iraq
    · Money transfer between Iraqi governorate
    · Implement remittance through Swift System

NOW WE HAVE

AL -TAIF MONEY TRANSFER COMPANY... https://money.altaif.co/Promotion.aspx

Launch trading of shares of Al Taif Money Transfer on Thursday Feb 5, 2015
    25/01/2015 07:01

ON THEIR PROMOTION PAGE IS THE FOLLOWING BLURB.. " SOON CUSTOMERS WILL BE ABLE TO TRANSFER MONEY FROM VISA TO VISA AND TRANSFER MONEY ONLINE ALL OVER IRAQ!"

ALSO A WESTERN UNION AGENT, IT APPEARS...

AL -HARIR OR AL- HAREER FOR MONEY TRANSFER, I CAN NOT LOCATE THIS COMPANIES WEBSITE..IF THEY HAVE ONE.... APPEARS TO BE MANAGED BY CBI

Sama Baghdad Finance TRANSFER COMPANY, I CAN NOT LOCATE A WEBSITE FOR THIS COMPANY AS WELL.... MANAGED BY CBI-

Launch trading of shares of Sama Baghdad Finance Transfer on Sunday Feb 8, 2015
    25/01/2015 07:10

AL-MUHEJ MONEY TRANSFER... ALSO MANAGED BY CBI..NO WEBSITE

Mouta for Remittance....ALSO MANAGED BY CBI

Ataa Al-Garri Company for Money Transfer.... ALSO MANAGED BY CBI

United Arab Money Transfer...APPEARS TO BE A WESTERN UNION AGENT

Last edited by sczin11; 01-25-2015 at 09:03 AM.

sczin11- OPINION PIECE............AND THE CASE AGAINST MALIKI AND SUPPORTERS CONTINUES, AS THE CORRUPTION STORY CONTINUES TO UNFOLD!! RECENT UPDATES AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST~

(This is a continuous post...information/opinions added all the time)

WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?....WHAT IS THE TRIGGER?

Let's think about this... A couple of weeks ago, news that Chalibi was accusing CBI Governor of having fake certifications for his daughter and himself... (THE CASE BEGINS AGAINST MALIKI'S CREW)... Right before that release, Dr. Shabibi is acquitted and released of charges against him...Maliki and "His Crew", retaliate, by filing appeal against Dr. Shabibi, with the High Court, headed by "His Man", Judge Mahmood... The media propaganda continues, and even the Wall Street Journal publishes article stating Maliki is lining up his ducks, waiting for the right time to take back the government...Hakim comes out with a HUGE statement on Saturday, praising the NEW REGIME, Abadi and the New Iraqi Government, "proves democratization and stability of the government" and Sunday comes back with another HUGE statement about Maliki, "because they have become a minority is impressive and the number does not exceed the fingers of one hand.

".....Judge Mahmood, appears to be drifting away from Maliki's court, announces complete discharge of any case against Dr. Shabibi, and states Maliki's son will be the first to be investigated in monetary corruption...Will he turn on daddy?...time will tell...Saudia Arabia, after 25 years GONE from Iraq, RETURNS and is given buildings for the Consulate/embassies and staff...

Bank executives are running, and/or being arrested for corruption...News today that Maliki assigned 200 proxy votes in the government while he was in charge of the "caretaker government", the time between the elections on April 30, 2014 and the time Abadi was ratified, and they will all be investigated NOW! Articles daily about the problems with the Banks, the corruption suspected, the funneling of money out of Iraq, the re-capture of some of the missing dollars/dinars, as witnessed by todays article below.... ...... Let's put this all together, although I could go on and on, and think "outside the box.."

News is released, not only when they want us to know, not only what they want us to know, BUT, for the most part, AFTER IT HAS OCCURRED... That being said, the case against the Maliki regime, well thought out and planned, appears to be coming to a head...It has been worked on for months, it obviously has been executed, and quite possibly, the final chapter is upon us! There must be "good cause" to bring down the governor of the CBI, by the Council of Ministers...Do you see where this all is going? It is almost time to bring on Dr. Sinan AL Shabibi!

AND JANUARY 12, 2015, LOOK AT THE NEWS THAT WAS RELEASED TO THE WORLD.....

sczin11- Now we begin to hear, the CASE against the Corruption in the CBI.... Stay tuned Folks, IT ONLY GETS JUICIER! WELL, IF THE CORRUPTION EXISTS, AND THEY HAVE THE CASE LAID OUT, WHAT COMES NEXT? THE COM CAN NOW REMOVE THE CURRENT GOVERNOR OF THE CBI, FOR JUST CAUSE..... AND WHO IS WAITING IN THE WINGS?........THE PUBLISHER OF THE MONETARY REFORM, THE ECONOMIC EXPERT WHO WROTE THE PLAN, THE IRAQI PEOPLE'S FRIEND, DR. SINAN AL SHABIBI!....

Parliamentary Integrity: The Council of Representatives will discuss the corruption of the central bank soon

https://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.almaalomah.com%2Fnews%2F8293%2F%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D9%2586%25D8%25B2%25D8%25A7 %25D9%2587%25D8%25A9-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25A8%25D8%25B1%25D9%2584 %25D9%2585%25D8%25A7%25D9%2586%25D9%258A%25D8%25A9 %3A-%25D9%2585%25D8%25AC%25D9%2584%25D8%25B3-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D9%2586%25D9%2588%25D8%25A7 %25D8%25A8-%25D8%25B3%25D9%258A%25D9%2586%25D8%25A7%25D9%2582 %25D8%25B4-%25D9%2581%25D8%25B3%25D8%25A7%25D8%25AF-

AND

THURSDAY, JANUARY 15, 2015..... WE SEE THE TBI, THE TRADE BANK OF IRAQ, THE BANK STARTED AFTER THE INVASION, WITH JP MORGAN CHASE, (REFERENCE THE STICKY THREAD FOR THE HISTORY AND DETAILS AT THE TOP OF THE CURRENT NEWS FORUM) IN THE BACKING, BY PAUL BREMER AND THE US LED COALITION, BEING ACCUSED OF CORRUPTION...."TBI Kurdistan delivers two billion and 300 million dollars "in a deal marred by corruption."

WE ALSO AT SAME TIME, SEE THAT THE ISX ANNOUNCES THAT TRADE BANK WILL "RESUME" TRADING ON SUNDAY JANUARY 18, 2015...THEY DID NOT RESUME WHEN THE ISX RE-OPENED AFTER THE HOLIDAY...WE SEE THE SUPREME RELIGIOIUS LEADER, SISTANI, RECOMMENDING ANTI CORRUPTION AND A CLEAN PAGE IN THE IRAQI BANKING SYSTEM..." three presidencies in seeking unremitting efforts since officially received positions to eliminate corruption and to open a new page based on common interests and internally relations between Iraq and countries, as recommended by the supreme religious authority in Iraq.".....

AND NOW THE CBI MAKES AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT MUCH MONEY WAS OBTAINED FRAUDULENTLY INDIRECTLY FROM THE CBI, THROUGH OTHER BANKS, NOT NAMED, STATING BASICALLY THEY ARE CALLING ALL THE LOANS...ARE THEY REFERRING TO THE TBI? SEE ARTICLE BELOW! ...REMEMBER, THIS IS ALL PAST HAPPENINGS..WE ARE BEING TOLD ABOUT IT NOW, AFTER THE FACT... THE TABLE IS SET, THE PUZZLE IS WAITING FOR THE LAST PIECE, THE SHOW IS IN THE FINAL ACT.....

sczin11- HOLY COW! TBI, (TRADE BANK OF IRAQ) HAS HAD TRADING ON ISX, HALTED FOR A PERIOD OF TIME.. THE NEWS TODAY IS THEY WILL RESUME TRADING ON SUNDAY JANUARY 18, 2015!

TBI Kurdistan delivers two billion and 300 million dollars "in a deal marred by corruption."

Trade Bank of Iraq

Tomorrow Press / Baghdad: A parliamentary source revealed early Thursday, the Commercial Bank of Iraq to grant more than two billion dollars to Iraqi Kurdistan, pointing out that the subject under scrutiny because it was tainted by corruption.

The source told "tomorrow Press", "The Commercial Bank of Iraq has handed over the amount of two billion and $ 300 million to Iraqi Kurdistan in the form of loans, but the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives complained about the subject and the subject took the check and audit results will be announced soon."

The source, who requested anonymity, that "the deal marred by corruption of the financial amounts Audit Committee considered the subject to reveal the facts in front of people."
    It is noteworthy that the three presidencies in seeking unremitting efforts since officially received positions to eliminate corruption and to open a new page based on common interests and internally relations between Iraq and countries, as recommended by the supreme religious authority in Iraq.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...Vqo2Au-o86KaRg

SATURDAY, JANUARY 17- THE DOCUMENTS REVEAL MALIKI BUYING SUPPORT WITH THE KURDS, AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA MEDIA REPORTING IRAQ CAN BECOME NUMBER ONE OIL EXPORTER.....IN THE WORLD! WHY ARE ALL THE BROTHERLY COUNTRIES RAPIDLY SETTING UP SHOP IN IRAQ? WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW, TO CAUSE ALL THE MOUs AND AGREEMENTS THAT SAT FOR YEARS ON IRAQI MINISTER DESKS, BEING SIGNED AND EXECUTED, NOW!

sczin11- I HAVE BEEN COMMENTING IN RECENT WEEKS ABOUT THE VESTED INTEREST, THE WORLD HAS IN IRAQ, AND WHY ALL THE ESTRANGED COUNTRIES ARE RACING IN NOW, LIKE GREYHOUNDS CHASING THE RABBIT! YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY? LOOK......
    !US NEWSPAPER, IRAQ WILL BECOME THE BIGGEST OIL POWER IN THE WORLD!

indicated a Washington Times that Iraq is close to the number one position as the largest oil exporter in the world.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&tl=en&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D3428326&usg=ALkJrhjv5rt9HhezXCDxd1Ub3pEasaDtxQ

sczin11- THE CASE AGAINST MALIKI CONTINUES...THIS VERSION OF THE REPORT WE HAVE BEEN SEEING FOR TWO DAYS, DETAILS WHAT WAS SUSPECTED WHEN THE FIRST REPORT HIT THE MEDIA YESTERDAY.....
    The documents reveal Maliki approval to buy the Kurdistan oil-for support for a third term

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&tl=en&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D3428382&usg=ALkJrhgMsvFeDfSWjAy5Aka83xqhkur4Qw

MONDAY JANUARY 19, 2015- 19 Banks being investigated for corrruption... Maliki seems quiet..Hakim continues to speak out...AND...DR. SHABIBIS NAME ALL OVER THE NEWS...

HAITHAM aL- Jubouri, has been accusing similar stuff for a long time...He has an OUT for Dr. Shabibi , it does appear... My guess, he probably is a Malki guy... here is a 2012 LINK...

https://iraqidinarfacts.net/haitham-al-jubouri-likely-collusion-between-government-officials-and-others-in-the-central-bank-exchange-rate-to-rise-causing-the-dollar-against-the-dinar/

Haitham al-Jubouri, Iraq confirms loss of $ 250 billion of currency auction

MP Haitham al-Jubouri

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...KzmPMrciv-OnmA

It is interesting to me, that all of a sudden, Dr. Sinan Al Shabibi, is in the NEWS! He has been acquitted of all charges, he has been released of all appeals against him, strong statements made by Justice Mahmood, and others, stating Dr. Shabibis evidence is stronger than the Prosecution had... And yet now, Articles and releases criticizing the "process.."... others are jailed who worked with him, others going to jail, others being arrested... Hmmmm..... Remember, we are seeing news for the most part, after "stuff" happens... What is REALLY happening.... Is the good Doctor in the house? Is he making his way back in? Is there NEWS ready to be released stating such? Again, why are SOME, using his name so often at THIS TIME?

Haitham al-Jubouri: conviction and acquittal Shabibi real test for the credibility of the government and the judiciary

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...aBsUSEDDmb43Xw

AND NOW WE SEE DOCUMENTS, APPARENTLY TYING JUDGE MAHMOOD, NOT ONLY TO MALIKI, BUT NOW TO SADDAM HUSSEIN... AMAZING! WHERE DID THESE DOCUMENTS COME FROM, OR BETTER YET, FROM WHOM? IS IT POSSIBLE THIS IS SOME OF THE "STUFF" DR. SHABIBI HAD IN HIS POCKET?
    Disclosure documents proving acquisition "Medhat al-Mahmoud," the properties belonging to the symbols of the former regime and sell

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthread.php?15001-The-Dinar-Daily-Monday-January-19-2015&p=93129&viewfull=1#post93129

TUESDAY JANUARY 20, 2015.....

THE CABINET MEETS, CREATES SECRET "CELLS" WITH TEH MINISTERS OF OIL PLANNING FINANCE AND THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ! THE PRIME MINISTER HAS BROUGHT THESE 4 ENTITIES TOGETHER AND USED THE WORD "EXCHANGE"-

sczin11- I HAVE HEARD THRU GRAPEVINE, A LOT OF MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT THE CABINET ANNOUNCEMENT THIS MORNING....LET ME JUST SAY THIS.... WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD THE MINISTERS OF OIL, FINANCE, AND PLANNING, MENTIONED IN SAME SENTENCE WITH THE CBI????? FROM THE PRIME MINISTERS HOME! HUH???? I CANT EVER REMEMBER THAT.... AND IF THE TRANSLATIONS WERE TALKING ABOUT COUNTERFITTING OR FRAUDULENT DINAR, WHY DIDN'T IT TRANSLATE USING THOSE WORDS, AS THEY ALWAYS HAVE IN THE PAST.????? WHY USE THE WORD EXCHANGE NOW????
    NO MATTER WHAT THEY MEAN, THINGS, WORDS, ACTIONS, ARE VERY DIFFERENT TODAY, AS COMPARED TO YESTERDAY..... SHABIBI ALL OVER THE NEWS, CBI IN THE CABINET DISCUSSIONS, MAHMOOD ACQUIRING SADDAM LAND, WOW!

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 21, 2015....THE CASE AGAINST MALIKI CONTINUES....

Integrity Commission has accused al-Maliki of embezzling 330 billion dinars

Author:
    21-01-2015 06:22 PM

Orbit -
    In a new condemnation of the previous government headed by al-Maliki, a report to the Integrity Commission, the highest supervisory authority in the current government revealed a large number of corruption cases involving officials in the previous government, as well as the unveiling of the stolen money, which amounted to 330 billion dinars were recovered, some are still Commission seeks to recover the remaining money, as there are sections of it outside of Iraq.

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthread.php?15008-The-Dinar-Daily-Wednesday-January-21-2015&p=93567&viewfull=1#post93567

SCZIN11- AND THEY ARE HIDING FILES, THEY ARE RUNNING AWAY, THEY ARE TRYING TO COVER THEIR TRACKS..IT ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN...ABADIS GOVT IS WELL ON THEIR WAY TO CLEANING UP THE MESS THE PRIOR REGIME CREATED...

Reports: Integrity resentful of Mishan al-Jubouri, seeking to hide the corruption of files affecting the Maliki government

Baghdad-Iraq-Presse -21 January: press reports quoted a parliamentary source, on Wednesday, the MP for the coalition of Arab Mishan al-Jubouri, seeks to enter as a member of the Parliamentary Integrity Commission by all means. "

Clear source of the Integrity Committee, a member, said that "Mishan al-Jubouri, and under the guidance of Vice President Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki earlier looking for mediation qualify to join the Integrity Commission for their hide corrupted files back to the time of the previous government."

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...ll=1#post93497

AND then we have the BUDGET RELEASE today..... Not on the agenda for parliament- will be an EMERGENCY SESSION CALLED TO ORDER, WHEN THEY ARE READY.....Think about that....

THE BUDGET PIECE IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE POLITICAL POSTURING AND MEDIA RHETORIC WITH DATES AND ADJOURNMENTS..THEY ARE WAITING ON SOMETHING AND THEN EMERGENCY SESSION CALLED... LIKE A NEW GOVERNOR? OR MAYBE THE RATE????????????

Deputy Speaker: Parliament to hold exceptional session to endorse 2015 Budget

Baghdad (AIN) –The Second Deputy Speaker, Aram al-Sheikh Mohammed, stated that the parliament will hold an exceptional session to endorse 2015 Budget.

Informed source stated "Mohammed stated, during the parliament session, the parliament will hold an exceptional session to endorse the Budget when the Finance Committee finishes drafting it."

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthre...ll=1#post93504

JANUARY 22, 2015- THURSDAY-

NAMES PUT OUT FOR FEDERAL COURT NOMINATIONS FOR PRES, VP , AND CHIEF PROSECUTOR... WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? WE WAIT AND SEE... THE DRAFT OF THE FEDERAL COURT LAW READ IN PARLIAMENT.... to be continued...

JANUARY 23, 2015...............
    AND............... HERE WE GO! KEEP THE NEWS COMING!

A senior source: There is a great reforms in the judiciary and "Medhat al-Mahmoud," the first excluded

• Agency eighth day
    • January 23, 2015, 15:01

BAGHDAD - ((eighth day))
    A senior source said, that there is a great reforms in the judicial establishment, which includes the Public Prosecution and the Appellate Court of the Federal Court.

The source said in his speech ((eighth day)) that "House Speaker Salim al-Jubouri, the Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi agreed finally to bring about the changes in the judiciary because of some wrong decisions.

IT IS TIME TO TAKE DOWN MAHMOOD....
    Judicial Council, Medhat al-Mahmoud !

AND WHO WILL BE NEXT....COULD ALI MUHSIN ISMAIL, ACTING GOVERNOR OF THE CBI BE NEXT IN LINE? IT IS TIME, LET'S BRING ON DR. SINAN AL SHABIBI, NOW!

JANUARY 24, 2015- MULTIPLE CONFIRMATIONS COMING OUT, RGARDING THE REMOVAL OF JUDGE MAHMOOD... A NEW 4 YEAR ER/MR PLAN HAS BEEN STATED IS "BEING WORKED ON!".... IS IT DONE ALREADY? MY GUESS, YES! WE SOON SHALL SEE.... REFER TO THE POST IN BOX 2 ABOVE FOR MORE DETAILS ON THIS PLAN......

JANUARY 25, SUNDAY-

PRESIDENCY AND DEPUTY OF FEDERAL COURT OF CASSATION TO BE VOTED ON IN NEXT FEW DAYS... WOW, VERY FAST MOVEMENT...WILL MAHMOOD BE REPLACED JUST AS FAST?....AND THE CBI COMES OUT TODAY AND APPEARS TO BE TELLING THE WORLD THEIR MONEY WILL BE SAGFE IN IRAQ..THEY ARE COMPLYING WITH INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS....
    sczin11: I AM HIGHLY ENCOURAGED BY SEEING THIS RELEASE...IT CONFIRMS TO ME THEY HAVE CONTINUED THE IRAQI 500, THAT JUBOURI STARTED BACK IN SEPTEMBER.. SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED, JUST READ THE CLIFF NOTES, IN THE CONTINUOS POSTS...HAHAHA, CLIFF NOTES, THEY ARE VERY LONG, AND THEY ONLY STARTED ON DEC 22 WHEN DR SHABIBI WAS ACQUITTED.. IT IS REALLY ONLY JUST OVER A MONTH, AND LOOK WHAT HAS HAPPENED... AND LAST WEEK WE SAW THE MINISTERS OF PLANNING, OIL, FINANCE, AND CBI IN SAME ROOM WITH PM ABADI....NEVER HAPPENED IN MY TENURE... AND WE HAVE WATCHED ALL THE CHANGES IN PERSONNEL...THE FALL OF THE FORMER REGIME.... AND NOW WE SEE THE CBI TELLING THE WORLD, THEY ARE READY FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE... DON'T YOU WORRY, YOUR MONEY IS SAFE WITH US!....
    sczin11- WE MAY REALLY BE GETTING CLOSE.... HOLY COW!!!! READ ON.... FOLKS, THE CBI IS NOT GOING TO ANNOUNCE TO THE WORLD THEY ARE RAISING THE VALUE OF THE DINAR IN THE FUTURE...IN OTHER WORDS..THEY WILL NOT TELEGRAPH THEIR "FUTURE" ACTIONS..THEY CAN NOT DO THAT..WOULD BE LIKE INSIDER TRADING..THIS IS WHY I CONTINUE TO REMIND YOU, MOST NEWS WE SEE, IS PAST TENSE, HAS ALREADY HAPPENED...IN THIS CASE, IT IS MY BELIEF, THAT WHILE WE HAVE SEEN OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS THE BANKING CORRUPTION BEING EXPOSED, IN THIS RELEASE, LAST PARAGRAPH, WE ARE SEEING THAT THE INTEGRITY COMMISSION, WILL BE THE WATCHDOG OF THE CBI, IN ORDER TO COMPLY WITH IMF, BIS, WORLD BANK..."INTERNATIONAL COMPLIANCE"... WHAT COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WILL DO BUSINESS WITH IRAQ, IF THERE IS NO SAFE GUARD TO PROTECT THEIR INVESTMENTS...??? THE CONCEPT OF FACTORING, WHERE YOU BUY PRODUCT BASED ON YOUR RECEIVABLES AS A GUARANTEE FOR THE PURCHASING POWER, SEEMS TO BE WHAT IS BEING DIVULGED HERE...THE IRAQI BANKING SYSTEM WILL BE IN FULL COMPLIANCE WITH THE INTERNATIONAL BANKING STANDARDS, AND THUS THE WORLD CAN NOW SAFELY TRADE WITH THEM...THEY ARE MAINTAINING THE STABILITY OF THE DINAR, AND WILL BE OPENING UP THE FOREIGN EXCHANGE, THE TRADE WITH THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY, WITH NO TROUBLE AT ALL..... THIS IS JMHO!....

The central bank to take "Tdabira to boost liquidity" and to facilitate the sale of foreign currency measures

Author: ASJ, HH
    Editor: AR, HH
    01/25/2015 16:52
    Number of Views: 45

Long-Presse / Baghdad
    Central Bank of Iraq, announced on Sunday, to take the necessary measures to boost liquidity in the banking system, while decided to facilitate the procedures for the sale of foreign currency "to sustain the exchange rate,"......

https://www.dinarupdates.com/showthread.php?15025-The-Dinar-Daily-Sunday-January-25-2015&p=94200&viewfull=1#post94200
    Last edited by sczin11; 01-25-2015 at 02:57 PM.

• NOTE: I AM REPOSTING THIS ANOTHER DAY, TO MAKE SURE ALL GET A CHANCE TO READ THROUGH IT...........

SUNDAY, JANUARY 25, 2015, I ADDED ALL THE WAY AT THE BOTTOM A LATE NEWS ARTICLE RELEASE FROM SATURDAY NIGHT, FROM ANOTHER ECONOMIST...IN OTHER WORDS , ANOTHER OPINION! YOU CAN SEE, IRAQ DOES IN FACT VALUE THE OPINIONS OF THEIR ECONOMISTS, HOWEVER, OPINIONS DO VARY FROM TIME TO TIME!

sczin11- As a Researcher, the most important thing to keep in mind, is you can learn SOMETHING from everyone, and any information that person has to provide. You MUST listen, digest, and then form your own opinions.... Additionally, you MUST know your sources; Where is the information coming from, and for what purpose is the information being used!.... That being said, we must also remember, at a trial, when an expert witness is called, that expert can make a case, USUALLY, for either side, however, he is being paid by either the prosecution, or the defendant...Thus his case must lean one way or the other....
      sczin11- LATE LAST NITE, FRIDAY JANUARY 23, 2015, KAPERONI BROUGHT INTO OUR CHAT ROOM, A Q&A BETWEEN HE HIMSELF, AND AN ECONOMIST.... IT IS AN AMAZING READ, SOME SOUNDING MORE POSITIVE THAN OTHERS....HE DESCRIBES WHO THIS ECONOMIST IS, AND SOME OF THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS BY THIS ECONOMIST....(I DO NOT KNOW, NOR HAVE EVER HEARD OF THIS PERSON, SO PLEASE, UNDERSTAND I AM NOT ENDORSING HIM, NOR NECESSARILY PUTTING CREDENCE ON ALL HE STATES...BUT I RESPECT ALL RESEARCHERS, AND IF THE TIME WAS TAKEN TO COME INTO OUR ROOM, OUR DINAR HOME, AND FOR OTHERS, OUR SAFE HAVEN IF YOU WILL, I MUST AT LEAST GIVE IT THE TIME OF DAY TO TRY AND GET SOMETHING POSITIVE OUT OF IT).....REMEMBER, WE DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO LIKE ALL THE PEOPLE WE GET HELP FROM, THE KEY IS, THAT HELP IS PROVIDED TO US!... ( I WILL PLACE SOME OPINIONS THROUGHOUT THE Q&A IN BLUE, SO YOU CAN SEE ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE, FROM A MEANINGLESS PERSON, LIKE ME!...
      REMEMBER, HE IS AN ECONOMIST, NO RELATIONSHIP WITH THE COUNCIL OF MINISTERS, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, OR THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ.... IT IS HIS OPINION ONLY!
      _____

magnetlady says(11:16 PM):
      What you got for us tonight besides pizza
      kaperoni says(11:17 PM):
      Well I bring an interview over that I did with an Iraqi economist

Very well know...he wrote the book on dinar and "delete 3 zeros" Dr. Bakri
      You want to see what he said?

kaperoni says(11:18 PM):
      ok
      kaperoni says(11:18 PM):
      I wrote Dr. Bakri 10 questions...
      kaperoni says(11:19 PM):
      Here are the answers from from Prof D. Jawad albakri
      I hope i dont get cropped

Q - As most are aware, Iraq has enormous economic potential. The tricky part is diversifying Iraq’s oil industry along with a market economy in many other areas such as tourism, manufacturing, agriculture, etc. creating a sustainable balance. What do you see as the biggest impediment slowing down this diversification and transition?

A - I think that the reasons more political than economic, concerning the nature of governments that ruled Iraq since the founding of the modern Iraqi state in the twenties of the last century even today, these governments have focused most of their attention internally in keeping security only and not the security of citizens (I mean all kinds of security, personal security, economic security … etc.) and external on wars. So the economic side remained neglected, leaning on the massive oil revenues, governments remained without thinking about the future.

In the current Iraqi constitution does not find a vision of the philosophy of the state - including, of course, the economic philosophy - as there is no philosophy of the state in the interim constitution during the former regime, political leaders able to form the authority to rule in the absence of state standards and thus could not provide a civilizational project is consistent with history of Iraq, this dilemma pulled on the economic philosophy of the Iraqi state, for example, we find that the gross domestic product of Iraq, , is almost entirely adopted (97%) on Iraq's oil exports, leaving all raw materials represented by the land of Mesopotamia neglected, and leaving the industrial, agricultural sectors, and this in turn led to the economic recession and stop movement Development.

sczin11- This is nothing new to us...We have heard this for a long time, and we have seen in recent months GREAT strides in the development of MANY other revenue producing industries, especially agriculture and natural gas...

Q - Besides the 2013-2017 Economic Development Plan, there seems to be a sense of urgency to make this transition sooner than later to absorb unemployment in Iraq. Currently, the Iraqi government hires many each year, but that cannot continue due budget allocation and financial resources. Do you feel that there is this sense of urgency and what can be done to help speed up this process to a market economy?

A - In Article 25 of the Iraqi Constitution, the Iraqi economy is a market economy, and all government policies are going in this direction, and going back a little bit, the economy and infrastructure working group of the Future of Iraq Project established by the US State Department in in November 2002, issued a set of actions and recommendations and decisions covering the economy, infrastructure, public health and humanitarian needs and anti-corruption measures, which included strategic aims and fast to build the private sector, through the privatization of state institutions "without economic feasibility study of it," and to achieve economic growth, during the "economic reforms" advocated by IMF.

Following with such ideas, and as speed is deliberate wisely, the policy by the Interim Transitional Authority made the fast economic transitions to converts Iraq economy, Which was centrally planned, to an market economy and plays the private sector key role in it, without taking into consideration the suffering of the Iraqi economy of fatal and heavy disease, difficult to resolve between day and night, and like what happened to the economy also took place reforms in legal frameworks, administrative, financial, and other, the plentiful, but they are not characterized by the existence of conditions and climates suitable for their application. These procedures and laws still carries the seed of its own paradoxical. even that applied on the ground, carrying with it the suffering of weak of reality and the application, because it is not fit with the Iraq conditions and its economy.
      So, Iraq needs more time to get to a market economy which we dream.

sczin11- We know they are moving fast towards a full and complete MARKET ECONOMY, however, it is a process, and clearly the process has begun... He is not saying that one day we will wake up and POOF, Iraq will have transformed 180 degrees, and gone from one extreme to the other. Trading Internationally will begin, and a slow process will be under way...That is why it is a 4 year plan!

Q - There are many parts to the successful transition of a Market Economy including working with international organizations such as the World Bank, IMF, United Nations, WTO, etc. Many of these have criteria or their own requirements. What is your opinion on this process?

A - There is no doubt that the work of economic stabilization and structural adjustment for IMF and the World Bank have advantages and disadvantages programs, the former experiences of developing countries that have a long history of working with those institutions, the success of these experiments have proved but a temporary basis, and soon the economic situation is deteriorating due to the state as soon as the work ends with those experiences, and certainly that this perspective, I think, applies to Iraq, too.

sczin11- We know for a fact, reading actual documents and releases from the various agencies, that Iraq is on track, and doing all that needs to be done..

• Q - WTO accession has been a long process for Iraq (I think ongoing since 2006). Accession to this organization could be of great benefit for Iraq. Iraq seems to be making strides passing some laws, creating binding arbitration, and reducing oil dependence to some extent, but lacks implementation of tariffs, investment laws, currency convertibility, etc. so it seems that that accession is still a ways off. What are your thoughts on a timeframe for accession to the WTO?

A - I was one of the first advocates in Iraq to join the WTO, I presented research published in 2000, before the fall of Saddam's regime, demanding that Iraq need to Join WTO, I still think so, and a lot of my fellow economists in Iraq think so too.
      The bad security conditions which Iraq prevented proceed with the activation of the investment law, in spite of its release in 2006, and not to activate the tariff law because of dumping by neighboring countries, taking advantage of the atmosphere of economic freedom enjoyed by Iraq after the fall dictatorial regime. I think that when the poor security conditions stop in Iraq, will work seriously by the Iraqi government to complete accession to the WTO.

sczin11- As you will see at the bottom, this question was posed 5 months ago, and much has happened since then... There progress towards full assession to the WTO continues... The INVESTMENT LAW HAS BEEN READ AT LEAST ONCE, AND MAYBE TWICE SINCE THIS QUESTION WAS POSED TO THE ECONOMIST...AND AMENDMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE..

Q - Parliament has been a outright awful when it comes to passing critical laws to move Iraq’s economy forward. This is clearly a major setback/delay and hopefully with the new parliamentary elections that just concluded, this will change. What is you feeling on Iraq’s parliament pushing forward banking and investment laws for the success of the economy?

A - I think that the constitutional process in Iraq are not going as you image, there is a conflict between the legislative branch represented by the Parliament and the executive branch represented by the government, in the time of Prime Minister Maliki, the executive branch was always exceed on the legislative parliament's powers, and Iraq as if returned to the dictatorship. This comes to making economic decisions in the hands of government, not in the hands of parliament, which seemed incapable of rising to the prime minister's powers. Prime Minister indifferent to the economic aspect. Now things have changed. now We have a new prime minister, a Haider al-Abadi, an academic and economic interested, is also interested in the separation of powers. Also, poor economic conditions of the country increased his interest in the country's economy. So we believe that the next four years will see significant economic legislation and on the right track.

sczin11- WELL, HERE WE CERTAINLY KNOW, LAWS ARE BEING PASSED, AND THE NEW GOVERNMENT IS RACING ALONG....

s

Q - The Central Bank of Iraq works fairly closely with the IMF over monetary policy. There seems to be a few different views going on in Iraq. It has been reported on TV as a ..”political football” of sorts. This appears to between members of parliament /finance committee on one side and the GOI on the other. Is there two separate views on monetary policy or a consensus on policy but disagreement over time frames?

A - It is well known that the central bank should have independence, and the Central Bank of Iraq until mid-2014 was witnessing major intervention by the government, today, it is a different, a new government believed the independence of the central bank, but the Iraqi parliament remains with a large group of parties that have different visions on monetary policy, adding that, most of the members of parliament are from the tribal environments, the biggest concern for them is to service their parties and not the service Iraq. You know, my dear.. that most of parties in Iraq linked to sectarian and regional agendas.

sczin11- And, this too, we have seen more unification then ever, especially with the coming down on all the corruption with all the banks, as demanded by the central bank.... requiring same minimum capital to stay open, anti money laundering, anti counterfiting workshops and training, new security driven notes...etc..

Q - One of the goals and what also appears to be criteria for a successful market economy is for Iraq to move to IMF Article VIII making the Iraqi Dinar a convertible and recognized currency worldwide. Something I am sure Iraq wants. As recently as last summer the IMF themselves asked the CBI to “consider accepting the obligations under Article VIII.” Do you feel the CBI is ready for this? And do you think this will occur in 2014?

A - Iraqi dinar first needs to improve before coming to such a work, and improvement comes through delete some zeros from the Iraqi dinar, and I think that is the Central Bank of Iraq and the situation in Iraq don't allow for the process of delete the zeros at this time. Therefore, it will remain on hold to be improved political and security situation in Iraq.

sczin11- I wont touch this now, as we have debated the delete the zeroes project/definition to the max... and we have debated and opined, the definition of STABILITY...TO THE MAX! If the country wasn't stable, then why the rush for all brotherly neighbors to get in, set up , and prepared NOW?

Q - Transition from Article XIV to Article VIII appears to be a significant in many ways. Not only creating freedom of movement of capital or international convertibility, but would contribute to compliance with the WTO, and IMF and the successful transition to a market economy. It appears that the hold up more than anything with this transition is ongoing compliance issues…more specifically the difference between the Official Rate and the Market Rate which continues to exceed 2%. Do you agree?

A - The IMF experts welcomed in the experts' report on the Article IV consultations in 2013 to the goal that set by the Central Bank of Iraq to liberalize the foreign exchange market and the steps that have been taken recently to simplify the rules of the market. However, experts urged the Central Bank of Iraq to take more immediate action to free the display of foreign exchange in full, in order to reduce the exchange rate difference, and the removal of distortions and eliminate the behavior of seeking to earn rent, and Adhere to the requirements of Article VIII of the IMF's Articles of Agreement. Experts also encouraged the Iraqi authorities to refrain to Build up any new regulations may lead to a violation of the commitments made in the framework of Article VIII.

sczin11- I am not certain this question was answered, in the response... and no need to further debate the 2% theory, or whether or not it was already satisfied back in 2011 and 2012, under the governorship of Dr. Sinan al Shabibi..

Q - You wrote a paper titled.. “Proposal to raise zeros from the dinar Ala a paper” back in 2011. What was the purpose of writing it, and was this plan accepted by the Central Bank of Iraq? What is the current status of that plan?

A - The Mentioned plan began to think out since 2006 by the Iraqi Ministry of Finance, this plan has referred to the Central Bank for consideration. The Central Bank said it is a good proposal and possible adoption, but there are obstacles to the task of preventing the application now. These obstacles are: high financial and administrative corruption rates in Iraq, in addition to the security situation is bad, so the issue was postponed for the time being and not canceled. I think it will be applied when the stability of the security situation.

sczin11- LAST SENTENCE.... " I THINK IT WILL BE APPLIED.."- AGAIN, JUST AN OPINION HERE.

Q - The ISX and ESX appear to be gain more momentum for international investors in recent months. Especially the ESX with recent news of opening this fall and activation of Xstream. Can you explain how these market will engage with global investors? Will they use a custodian bank, etc?

A - You know that Nasdaq and the Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) have announced on 12 November 2014 the successful on-schedule go-live of the X-stream Trading technology, which replaced the existing Horizon platform. Nasdaq has delivered trading technology to ISX since 2007. I think this is an important momentous for our exchange, the companies of Iraq and investors in the region and around the world, We were well-prepared for the transition to our new trading platform, and the system has worked flawlessly since our go-live, which was on schedule and budget. I think this will be the focal point of the region’s capital markets is certainly on par with this new technology launch that benefits a vast amount of our key stakeholders.

sczin11- Again, this is old news at this time... We know they are ready, and we know the benefits they will provide to the world, especially Iraq!

kaperoni says(11:38 PM):

Dr. Bakri is an Iraqi economist in Iraq. He is very in the know. So for him to take time and answer these questions..it is greatly appreciated. I hope everyone gets some real information from this.

mudder says to kaperoni(11:38 PM):

When did you do this interview??

kaperoni says(11:38 PM):

I wrote him last fall Sept..and he did not answer me until this past week

sczin11- WHILE RESEARCHING THE ABOVE ECONOMIST, I FOUND A WHOLE PIECE DONE BY KAPERONI ON DINARGURU.COM...IT TALKS ABOUT THE QUALIFICATIONS OF DR. BAKRI, AND THE 3 ZEROES PROJECT..

4/16/2012

Kaperoni chat on Dr. Bakri paper 4/7/2012

Kaperoni: I thought the PDF Paper (document) from Dr. Bakri was so good, so informative, I wanted to do a chat on this. To break down the events and clarify what we know.

Kaperoni: First, who is Dr Bakri?

..hired by the CBI to participate in the various Symposiums around Iraq educating in regard to the “delete 3 zeros,” also known as “lift 3 zeros” process....

Kaperoni: He is on the Administration and Economics staff at the University of Babylon Dr. Kazem Jawad Al Bakri teaches in the Department of Finance at the University of Babylon Well respected Economist. Has been hired by the CBI to participate in the various Symposiums around Iraq educating in regard to the “delete 3 zeros,” also known as “lift 3 zeros” process.

Kaperoni: I think we can say this man is very well educated, knowledgeable and experienced. So much so, in fact, that the CBI relies on him to speak at these various Symposiums to explain what is about to happen to the currency.

Kaperoni: Here are a few of the news articles supporting Dr. Bakri’s participation in various Lectures and Symposiums.

https://translate.goo...3D34445&act=url

https://translate.goo...D%3D674&act=url

Kaperoni: I think we can draw from this information that Dr. Bakri is an authority, an expert, and is well informed in this event. Much more so than any “part time” guru or educated person who thinks they know what is happening within Iraq. Even someone who claims to be a “currency/investment analyst” has to take a back seat to this man’s knowledge, experience, and expertise in the circumstances within Iraq. After all, he is one of the “trusted” ones to disseminate this process to the Iraqi people.

Kaperoni: Now that we have qualified him, lets take a look at one of his papers…from June, 2011

Kaperoni: Proposal to raise zeros from the dinar Ala a paper – A. M. D. Jawad Kazem al-Bakri

https://translate.goo...5B1.pdf&act=url

Kaperoni: Here is the first quote…

Kaperoni: “The history of modern economics tells us that many nations in the world such as the countries involved in WW1 and WW2 or most recently the collapse of the Eastern Bloc countries, have taken one of these two measures, either by changing the whole national currency or eliminating zeros from the currencies so that it can go back to its previous stable condition.”

Kaperoni: This is pretty straight forward. That there are two ways or methods to go back to the previous stable condition after such events like a war. You either eliminate zeros from the currency (LOP) or do a currency change (transition from one set of notes to another without the zeros).

Kaperoni: Now here is where we learn what Iraq is really doing. Despite all the articles, misdirection, and confusion with terminology this quote tells us exactly what is happening….

Kaperoni: “In the Iraqi experience after the fall of the dictatorial regime, the present authorities have decided to change the Iraqi currency to a new currency.”

Kaperoni: This is absolutely the most direct and powerful statement we have heard. This is not an opinion, but a factual statement…”the present authorities have decided to change the Iraqi currency to a new currency”

Kaperoni: Now this also tells us that they are NOT deleting the zeros off the notes. And it tells us that “collecting the notes” is what is happening to reduce the money supply. It also tells us that we have been accurate all along on the research we have done on this investment. Here is the telling part – we did not know this information until just a few days ago. Which then ends up being a “validation” of the research.

Kaperoni: Next quote…

Kaperoni: “This does not affect the value of the dinar so far but it opens the dinar to the free currency market such as against the dollar, etc.”

Kaperoni: Now this quote is simply amazing. It is telling us that the value of the old dinar (3 zero notes) is not effected. Clearly, this is what we want. Some may want to interpret this saying “yes the value does not change and the exchange rate also stays the same,” ie (LOP) Well this next quote…puts an end to that theory as well…more proof yet to come…

Kaperoni: “If three zeros were lifted from the IQD, this means the IQD becomes stronger 1000 times in terms of value.”

Kaperoni: This in itself is all we need to be assured of our investment. But the good Dr. gives us the dagger in the LOPster heart with this gem of an example…

Kaperoni: “For example, a pack of cigarettes that was selling for 1000 dinar would be only 1 dinar. If it was a conversion like that, if the three zeros were lifted from the previous currency, this means the old 1000 dinars will buy 1000 packs of cigarettes instead of 1.”

Kaperoni: He states clearly the previous currency (3 zero notes) will buy more after this event. That the dinar will appreciate in value 1000 times. No more discussion is needed…But wait, he is trying to explain this event so we will get even more confirmation…lol

Kaperoni: Quote…

Kaperoni: “From a theoretical point of view, when three zeros are lifted from the IQD its buying power will increase drastically so that the dollar will be equivalent to 1.5 dinars only.”

Kaperoni: And this one…

Kaperoni: “Therefore, let’s say the merchandise imported from abroad is valued before lifting the zeros at 1.2 million dinars, or $1000; if you lift the three zeros 1200 dinars will equal $1000; therefore, that will not bring any negative impact on the Iraqi citizens.”

Kaperoni: And the benefits of the event…

Kaperoni: “On the positive of lifting the zeros from the IQD, the operation of lifting three zeros from the IQD, according to a study and sound physical policy, will lead to these positive factors:

1. It increases the monetary power of the IQD to buy things.

2. It increases the value of exchange from the dinar to other currencies.

3. It provides more confidence for more foreign investment in the economy.

4. It increases the confidence of the Iraqi citizen in his own currency, as is the case with the dollar and other currencies in their own countries.”

Kaperoni: This is simply the most powerful explanation and description of what is going to happen that we have ever had in print from an expert in Iraq. An explanation that is right on with our own research studying this event for over 4 years.

Kaperoni: Pray that the GOI is formed, that stability continues, and that Dr. Shabibi can accomplish this event.

Kaperoni: Done.

AND ON SATURDAY JANUARY 25, THE FOLLOWING APPEARED ON THE OBSERVER

Kaperoni ...the recent articles from the CBI indicating they are ready to “participate and promote development” are encouraging. I want to point out that Dr. Bakri [Economist] states the dinar "first needs to improve" (raise in value) before they can move to Article VIII. In other words, the float may be institutional and gradual before they accept Article VIII and a new Exchange Regime. I also get the impression that the dinar can be convertible worldwide without technically accepting Article VIII. And lastly, he says... "improvement comes through delete some zeros" which to me again seems to imply a gradual appreciation because as the dinar rises, zeros begin to go away... he did...confirm the process is moving along, that the reforms are happening, and there is promise...and more importantly the new GOI is moving in the right direction. Iraq's economy is complex for sure.But I don't think what we are looking for will take much longer. As for currency reform, the timing will be kept secret within the CBI...

sczin11- seems like he is pretty encouraged ....

AND HERE IS ANOTHER ECONOMISTS POINT OF VIEW, RELEASE SATURDAY NIGHT, JANUARY 24

Opportunity to raise the value of the dinar

1/25/2015 0:00

BAGHDAD - Mostafa Hashemi
      economists and experts describe the Iraqi monetary policy as good as maintained the stability of the exchange rate under difficult economic conditions and slow march towards progress the country witnessed in previous years, despite Iraq's possession of the elements of the economic boom in all productive sectors.
      In this context, saw economic researcher state fair The increase in production achieve an increase in income and financial returns requires finding a balance or equation to ensure the continued improvement in the exchange rate with a salary increase to reach the stage commensurate with the productive economy and activating the industrial and agricultural sectors to improve the value of the dinar.
      Iraq has seen in the last ten years a rise in production and exports of oil At a time when the value of the dinar has seen remarkable stability without high mentions in purchasing power.
      She said just told the "morning" Now is the chance, despite the difficult circumstances, to activate the productive sectors as stated in the government program of encouraging the private sector and entry effectively to the economic development of By relying on its own resources to the private sector and move his money and invested in the development of economic reality.
      She noted that the citizens believe that achieved an increase in oil production to ensure a major boost for the dinar in time looking where to direct positive repercussions on their standard of living through the production and export growth, hoping in this matter is resolved through the involvement of the private sector in the development process.
      It called economic researcher to develop solutions that contribute to upgrading the reality of living of the citizen and the creation of employment opportunities and jobs for graduates and the unemployed through the activation of the private sector because it possesses the freedom to manage his business and his money away from the bureaucracy that makes production distinct exploited by the efforts and energies of young.
      The academic economist, Dr. Majid Baidhani said earlier in the "morning" to increase the productivity of the individual worker comes through the activation of the private sector and projects in the productive sectors such as agriculture and industry.
      He added: It is necessary to achieve financial revenues through the creation of jobs and opportunities work in the private sector and make it equally with government officials privileges that contribute significantly to the revival of the booming economy, having to rely on the oil industry to activate those opportunities.
      He said: that the central bank managed through the implementation of a successful fiscal policies in recent years have contributed a lot in the stability of the market and this is has led his role regarding the improvement of the exchange rate.
      He continued: Here comes the role of government and the competent authorities to complete drawing this picture by providing focused support to the private sector and the implementation of the government program, which stressed the importance in advancing the country's economy forward. Stressing that the most successful monetary policy is to maintain the stability of the exchange rate provided increased Alantegeh.oasmah IMF to countries with economies in transition implement currency controls to stabilize the economy during the reconstruction phase and this is what served as the local economy over the past years.
      He Baidhani that Iraq now has the expertise and economic efficiencies in homes experienced enough for taking the lead and initiate self-reliance to develop the economy through reform developmental programs and policies that fit this stage application.
      mentions that there are several factors confirms the possibility of the high value of the dinar against the dollar, the most prominent is the existence of a great desire for investors Foreigners buying the Iraqi dinar, in addition to having an excellent cash reserve, which covers the local currency, as well as the dinar currency traded publicly in the global currency market.
      It is said that the central bank was able during the previous years of the reduction of the dollar against the dinar from 1450 dinars to the dollar to 1166 Dinara adopted in the bank.

https://alsabaah.iq/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=85286

sczin11- WE REPORT....YOU DECIDE

Presidency of the Parliament Finance Committee slowed three days to complete the final report of the budget

Date: 25/01/2015 10:38

Gave the Presidency of the Council of Representatives, Sunday, Parliamentary Finance Committee three days to

complete the drafting of the final report of the public budget and submit it to parliament for a vote on it.

He said Parliament rapporteur MP Niazi architecture Ihsanoglu told / information /, "The Presidency of the Finance

Committee granted only three days starting on Saturday to deliver the final report of the public budget for 2015".

He added that "the parliamentary finance committee told the Presidency of the Council of Representatives that it will soon formulate all the amendments and the completion of the final report of the budget."

He guessed that the decision of Parliament "are presented the final report on the agenda during the meetings next week and be voted to pass the budget." Finished / 25 u

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...nMJWfsxJfibOIA

AND

Dry: call reference will push towards adoption of the budget in the next two days

History of edits:: 2015/1/25 10:19 •
    30 visits readable

{Baghdad: Euphrates News} MP confirmed for dry longings Kurdistan Alliance that "invite senior religious authority in Najaf for the speedy adoption of the budget will pay the political blocs toward the adoption of the general budget bill during the next two days."

She Dry told {Euphrates News} "The General Budget Law does not suffer from the presence of any significant differences, but there are differences in views, according to the vision of the political blocs."

It added that "the next two days will witness the adoption of the general budget, for 2015, especially since the Supreme religious authority called to expedite the approval."
    Referred to most of the political blocs revealed the government's intention and the parliament, to approve the General Budget Law, during the current week.

With the parliamentary finance committee told the agency {Euphrates News} for the completion of finalizing its report on the General Budget Law, to be distributed to members of the House to look at and put the notes for the purpose.

And confirmed by the Supreme religious authority in the words of its representative in the holy city of Karbala, Sheikh Abdul Mahdi al-Karbalai in a sermon last Friday prayers that the completion of the adoption of the budget as soon as possible is a necessity for the country, and we must transcend all parties for special interests and draws attention to the public interest of the people and is working to speed up the passage of the budget even in Hdhaa minimum. Ended m

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...s_GDX7XV7Q00ng

AND

Parliamentary Economic announce the completion of 90% of the budget bill

• Agency eighth day
    • January 25, 2015, 11:13

BAGHDAD - ((eighth day))

Committee announced its economy and invest in the House of Representatives, Saturday, on the completion of 90% of the budget bill, with a vote expected in the coming days.

The Vice-Chairman of the Committee Harith Al-Harthy said that "the Finance Committee completed 90% of the budget bill for the year 2015," he said, adding that "the budget will be presented to parliament for a vote and approved in the coming days."

He said Al-Harthy, that "there will be great strides during the coming period to stimulate the private sector and activate the industry and agriculture sectors to support the Iraqi economy.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...dA_bWzT1_SKYFg

AND

Parliamentary Finance expects the budget presentation to a vote next Wednesday
    Date: 25/01/2015 11:20Information / Baghdad / ..Parliamentary Finance Committee, Sunday, displayed on the budget vote is expected next Wednesday, while confirming that the Commission needs to two days to prepare the final draft.
    Said committee member Majda al-Tamimi told / information /, "The Finance Committee need two or three days to complete the final draft of the general budget of the law in 2015," pointing out that "there are some points that should be discussed in addition to make transfers."
    Tamimi added that "the budget could be ready by next Wednesday of this week, to be submitted to vote."
    The Presidency of the Council of Representatives said on Sunday it was the Parliamentary Finance Committee has given three days to complete the drafting of the final report of the public budget and submit it to parliament for a vote on it. Finished / 25

• https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&tl=en&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D3455687&usg=ALkJrhhrgWv9HRAQPM_PSad1a1xY-Azvkg

AND THE REPORT THAT SOUNDS THE STRONGEST......

Decision: Parliament will not shut down this week, but after the adoption of the budget

• Agency eighth day
    • January 25, 2015, 14:06

BAGHDAD - ((eighth day))
    Confirmed the decision of the House of Representatives Niazi Ihsanoglu, Sunday,

that the Council will continue to work until the approval of the draft budget for fiscal

2015 law,

while pointing out that the parliament will not take his weekends only after the adoption of the budget.

Ihsanoglu said that "the House of Representatives and Egypt is determined to continue to hold its meetings until the adoption of the budget," explaining that "the situation in the House of Representatives on accelerating positive vote on

the budget."

Ihsanoglu said, that "Parliament will take weekly holiday only after wed human Iraqi people approve the budget."

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...5gN5tmar4bILKw

JUST RELEASED....12:05 PM EST SUNDAY JANUARY 25, 2015

Member of the Finance Committee: 2015 budget will be approved next Thursday

Editor Ali Jasim - Sunday January 25, 2015 20:00

Archive

Alsumaria News / Baghdad

Announced in the parliamentary finance

committee member, Sunday, it will

approve the budget for fiscal year 2015

on Thursday, and showed that it was the

deficit was reduced to 21%.

Said Ola return Nashi said in a press

statement, "Alsumaria News" received a

copy of it, that "the financial budget for

2015 has been completed and will be

approved by next Thursday."

" style="border: 0px none; display: block; outline: 0px;">

Nashi, adding that "it was the deficit

from 45% to 21% reduction."

The House of Representatives decision

Niazi Ihsanoglu confirmed on Sunday

(January 25, 2015), that the Council will

continue to work until the approval of

the draft budget for fiscal 2015 law,

while pointing out that the parliament

will not take his weekends only after the

adoption of the budget.

The Committee announced its economy and invest in the House of Representatives, on Saturday (January 24, 2015), on the completion of 90% of the budget bill, with a vote expected in the coming days.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...4n82sZ7YruSidQ

Last edited by sczin11; 01-25-2015 at 05:12 PM.

sczin11- SO NOW WE BEGIN TO SEE MORE DETAILS ON THE 4 YEAR ER/MR PLAN......

Planning announce an economic plan based shift to the private sector and the restructuring of state industries

Sunday, January 25 2 / January 2015 10:00

[Baghdad-where]
    The Ministry of Planning, on Sunday, and put them on an economic plan for the coming years, depending on the shift towards the private sector and the restructuring of state industries, in order to improve the standard of service and standard of living.
    According to a ministry statement received by all of Iraq [where], a copy of it today, "it was the finalization of the economic plan for the years 2015-2018 in light of the government program," adding that "the program is based on upgrading the service and the standard of living of citizens through development economy and ensure consumer protection and the resolution of the Iraqi economy is headed toward a market economy and the gradual abandonment of State for economic activities and the development of foreign trade and transit trade and free zones and to reconsider the financial, fiscal and monetary policies. "
    "The basic tenet of the plan is to encourage the gradual shift towards the private sector, and the restructuring of state-owned industries by promoting strategic partnerships with foreign and local investors and competent."
    The statement said that "The plan also seeks to activate the work approved national Balstrutejiat related to investment in the private sector and support investment in various sectors, as well as the development of banking and commerce and activating the role of government-owned banks and private banks areas, depending on the development of short and medium-term fiscal policy and raise the level of coordination between fiscal and monetary policies. "
    He noted that "the plan has paid develop foreign economic relations with the countries of the world the importance of a large order to link the Iraqi economy, the global economic system-as well as the organization of trade and economic relations with these countries."
    It pointed to "take the five-year plan into consideration in the framework of maximizing the economic resources, emphasis on the application of the local product protection and consumer protection laws, and increased oil and gas production to improve the financial sustainability of the accompanying increase Alkhoznip energy for oil and gas," he "to continue the administrative and financial reform of the institutions of the process government to continue the reform of the public financial management system through private electronic application system in this administration, as well as the organization of the local federal relations. "
    The appearance of Mohammed Saleh adviser to Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi for Economic Affairs, revealed near the release of important economic laws contribute to the recovery of the Iraqi market and investment opportunities.
    Said Saleh's [where], he was "a forthcoming law for cities and industrial industry mixed, and this is very important, and there is a law is for private sector investment, encourage and create Association and strong bond between the state and the private sector to stimulate the movement of the market and end the separation existing between them," he said. " there is a trend toward a market economy is that activates the development and not speculators and Ctkarion, there are politicians heading for the development of the market. "
    As Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said on Friday at the World Economic Forum - Davos "We turn now from the system controlled by the government to a mixed economy more active, as we privatize key sectors, and explore partnerships between the public and private sectors, and entering into joint ventures with international companies," he said "As prime minister, followed a strategy of interdependence, rather than the dominance of state government control over the economy and the dominance of the Baghdad government to local governments, public and private sectors will enter with the central government and provincial governments in partnership" .anthy

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...aFaCyOd_oPXchQ

​sczin11- WOW- they moved very fast.. Will Mahmood be finished, just as fast? MAKE SURE YOU SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN..UPDATE INCLUDED!

Parliamentary Legal Zidane confirms candidacy for the presidency of the Court of Cassation and his

deputy al-Janabi

Date: 25/01/2015 09:48Information / Baghdad / ..Parliamentary Legal Committee revealed, Sunday, Zidane for high-nomination for the post of President of the Federal Court of Cassation and the al-Janabi, as his deputy, with a vote expected in the next few days.
    Said committee member Ibtisam al-Hilali told / information /, that "there is an agreement between the political forces on the ultra-filtration Zidane, who currently serves as vice president of the Federal Cassation Court to the Presidency itself."
    She Hilali that "the agreement also included the nomination of Prime judicial oversight body Mohammad Qasim al-Janabi, as his deputy," pointing out that "the legal committee is now considering (cv) candidates in order to bring them in one of the sessions of the parliament is to vote on them." Finished / 25 u

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sandbox=0&sl=ar&tl=en&u=https://www.faceiraq.com/inews.php%3Fid%3D3455339&usg=ALkJrhjBcNu92y-Wy75xCBtl-lfeB-3CSw

AND LOOK WHAT JUST APPEARED...... MOST WANT HIM GONE!!!

Legal Parliament: Mahmoud unacceptable and attempts to separate

the Federal Court for the judiciary

Baghdad-Iraq-Presse -25 January: Parliamentary Legal Committee, announced on Sunday, for a parliamentary attempts to separate the Federal

Court for the Iraqi judiciary, stressing that the majority of the political blocs refuse to stay Judge Medhat al-Mahmoud in office.

A member of the Committee MP for the coalition of citizen Salim Shawki in a press statement, "The Committee will begin the second reading of the

law of the Federal Court, the House of Representatives and Snstqubl interventions and suggestions about modifying the law."

He Shawki, that "a lot of political blocs is not satisfied with the survival of Mahmoud President of the Court, because of his

work with the previous period,"

noting that "the judiciary dropped the part of his prestige, due to political interference, which was accompanied by his decisions."

Shawki "We are with the separation of the Federal Court for the judicial authority, and to be an independent body be the effects, not the judiciary and politicians do not," explaining that "the Court has a great role

because it separates the conflicts of political blocs and the appeals made ​​to the courts" .anthy (1)

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...rw4hmWG-1dStsw

Last edited by sczin11; 01-25-2015 at 11:42 AM.

​sczin11- WATCH OUT, DON'T WANT TO MAKE THE KURDS UNHAPPY NOW, DO WE?

Deputy Kurdish acts of Parliament criticized the absence of "important laws" table

Date: 25/01/2015 11:31Information / Baghdad / ..Described the MP for the mass change parliamentary Shirin Reza, Sunday, House of Representatives hearing, which was held on Saturday as "disappointing" for free of important laws pertaining to the Iraqi people, as shown that what has been included in the meeting has no importance to the citizen.
    Said Reza told / information /, "The House of Representatives hearing, which was held on Saturday, disappointing," indicating that he "was not included in the meeting important laws pertaining to the Iraqi people, such as the law of parties or the Federal Court and other laws."
    She added that "what has been included in the meeting yesterday, the agenda has no importance," pointing out that "citizens need to pass the budget and grades and reconstruction projects as well as the need for the security forces and the crowd of popular weapons and ammunition and the launch of the elements of the crowd salaries."
    She added that "the Presidency important laws inclusion Kalmoisna parties and the Federal service in addition to the oil and gas law," pointing to "the day of the political blocs, demanding that it be as entrusted with the responsibility to the people and put the interests of citizens above all else."
    Satisfaction that "confirmed many of these laws on the table in front of the parliament and the presidency do not know the reasons for the display to read and vote during the previous two sessions."
    And raising the Iraqi Council of Representatives, on Saturday, its seventh to next Monday after being voted in principle to the first reading of a bill to cancel the dissolved Revolutionary Command Council for the province of Kirkuk, the decisions of the law while also voted on a law to prevent the use and spread of weapons Occlusive.
    Finished / 25

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...Ptg4FHoODZ6qRQ