IPad Work around to use new chat, including copy chat logs.

Thread: IPad Work around to use new chat, including copy chat logs.

IPad Work around to use new chat, including copy chat logs.

DISCLAIMER
    Although joekid has tested this on his IPAD (and it worked for him), neither he nor DinarUpdates site is responsible for any harm or cost caused by or associated with this app or support for this work around.

If you have questions about how it worked for joekid, PM him using the forum's Private Message tab (top of page, black bar), or catch him in chat and he will assist if he can.

--

From joekid:

The new 123Flashchat uses adobe flash, which is not a part of the iOS or Andriod environment. The solution provided by the providers of the new chat has many limitations. If you are willing to spend a little money you can use a flash based browser that lets you use you IPad (and possibly you Andriod device) in a manner that is closer to a PC.

I have tested and determined that the Puffin Flash Browser is suitable for my needs and the following is how I set it up.

There are a few Puffin Flash Browsers on the app store. The free version does not give you free access to our chat site, there is an option to use the free version and pay for a 6 month subscription for 0.99c. I did not test the subscription and instead opted for the full version. The full version cost $3.99 but has unlimited flash service, which to me is a better value.

After you have installed the browser, open it just like you do safari (or internet browser). After a flash screen with the logo, a quick tutorial will popup. Just click start and type in the address to the DU site. Www.dinarupdates.com is fine. Then login to the site, just like normal, click the chat tab, just like normal, and hit the square in the middle of the screen.

No, the Puffin Browser isn't perfect. It is slow when compared to a PC, and seems sluggish. But it does give you the options do anything you can do from a PC. There is a little mouse track pad in the bottom right corner, and a keyboard on the bottom right corner. It is possible to select text in the actual chat room but it does take some fine motor skills. In order to copy cat you just go to the wrench at top of screen and click copy chat, and then post in the forum just like you would in safari, or a PC.

Here is a link to the Puffin website which will direct you to either iPad app store, or Google Play marketplace.
    (For all intensive purposes this should work and any android device but I can not confirm because i haven't tried)

This link directs you to the free version.
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE FREE VERSION
    Open in Itunes Market. click related. Download 3.99 version

https://www.puffinbrowser.com/index.php
    Last edited by joekid; 09-25-2014 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Fixing link

Re: IPad Work around to use new chat, including copy chat logs.

Another user reports from chatroom (and was able to change font size) ... TY!

I have a note 3 . and layed puffin on top of 123flashchat and it works for me.
    If you think today is good, just wait til tomorrow!!

For those with a first generation iPad (like me) the fix using the Puffin browser will not work. A few months ago the puffin browser underwent an update requiring a higher number iOS than the first gen iPad can support. I used to use and enjoy the puffin browser until they updated it on me. Now I've deleted it since it won't function on this iPad. Those using iPad 2 on up should be fine, but I say that with the same disclaimer as Mona Lisa above.

Another report ... iPhone seems to work well with puffin browser.

Thank you!!!!!! It worked. Wow it's been a while since I was able to get into live chat!!!!!

Joe. This is crazy. I can see chat but my keyboard is not accessible? Any suggestion. Thanks

You might find a tiny icon (maybe bottom left of screen but look all around ?) ... Clicking it should bring up your keyboard. That is what I had on a phone. Not sure about iPad. mona

Quote Originally Posted by sudo1114 View Post
    Joe. This is crazy. I can see chat but my keyboard is not accessible? Any suggestion. Thanks