" The Dinar Daily " Wednesday, 17 July 2013
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: " The Dinar Daily " Wednesday, 17 July 2013

" The Dinar Daily " Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Barzani settle its position and accept to extend his presidency for another two years Kurdistan
    17-07-2013 | (Voice of Iraq)

Erbil: Shirzad Shikhani of the

Resolution of Massoud Barzani, President of Kurdistan region, its position on the extension of its mandate for a further two years based on a proposal made by the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) led by Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, and ended this controversy during the recent period house and filled the entire Kurdistan. And gave Barzani a statement yesterday in which he said: «I have never loved power and positions, and today I do not want that replaced historic struggle for the liberation of Kurdistan anything else, man knows بنضاله and sacrifices for his people and his country, and not positions and addresses functional and administrative, has signed a law extending the mandate Parliament so as not to make any legal vacuum and constitutional region, and the law to extend the mandate of the president of the province has been unbelievable from the parliament over the parliamentary blocs of the PUK and the Kurdistan Democratic parties and blocs other national and independents as well, and now I'm in front of an alliance exists between the KDP and the Patriotic Union along with their parties and other forces represented in parliament which decided together to extend the mandate of the president of the province for two years, and was done without my participation that decision, as I am in front of a moral responsibility and social services to support joint work with my brother Mam Jalal for the protection and continuity of that alliance, and meet me for the long march, and in order to keep security and stability مستتبا, and the strategic agreement is an important part To achieve this, and the absence of my brother (Iraqi President) Mam Jalal (Talabani) I see the responsibility double, and after consultation with the most power and the Kurdish parties, decided not to reject the law to extend my mandate, that does not mean I am satisfied with the content and style of drafting a law to extend the mandate and therefore did not inflicted ».

He concluded Barzani statement saying: «respected me to the voices of most of the parliamentary blocs and the lack of Aharajhm, announced to the people of Kurdistan, I am I will take this trust until the fourth session of the Parliament, and now I call on the presidency next parliament to work within a period not exceeding one year to achieve a consensus on the draft constitution and determine the mechanisms election President of the Region, and to organize presidential elections at the time in order to recognize this trust anyone who gets the confidence of the people.

Barzani criticized the opposition parties and said it dealt «بتشنج and stresses with that subject led to the creation of a political crisis. In order to achieve political consensus and national, in order to protect our experience political initiated sent a letter to the political parties, then turned another letter to the chairman of the parliament to discuss there all the parties agree on these issues, but there will be a roadmap leading to the organization of elections and legislation, the Constitution, and then to speak frankly to the people of Kurdistan, I I was not willing to nominate myself for the elections, and that I will abide by the law, and Saslm Secretariat to be elected by the people. But unfortunately did not cooperate opposition with us for the success of this process, but they have not liked it even share with others meetings presidency of the region for this purpose, and tried to abort the process, and thus proved the opposition to its concept of consensus is the only impose their will and forcing others to respond to their requests without any expense to the rest of the parties ».

He went on Barzani to say: «I want to say quite frankly that consensus does not mean the meeting of Democratic and Patriotic Union and the parties three opposition to something, but that command respect of all segments of society, especially when it comes to the subject of the Constitution, because the Kurdistan does not include only these five parties , and today I call again to achieve consensus on the draft constitution, and I will do my best to support this approach to the political crisis does not occur, and to the citizens enjoy security and stability, and I will complete my best in order to create a national consensus ground ».

Despite the goodwill that convictions of Barzani during this speech is important and influential, it is this development would open the doors to a new crisis. In this context, held the leadership of the Kurdish opposition (Movement for Change and the Islamic Union and the Islamic Group) meeting to discuss the position of the extension of the mandate Barzani, which indicated on several occasions that it will be contained options specific if approved Barzani on the extension of its mandate, including the withdrawal from parliament, then recourse to the Federal Court, and finally move the street and out Kurdish protest demonstrations. Has not yet issued any communications regarding Barzani's speech and acceptance of the extension of its mandate.

In connection with the MP Abdullah Mullah Nuri for mass change opposition stressed the «Middle East» that the members of the mass change all fully prepared to withdraw from parliament if the orders were issued to them by the leadership of the movement, as confirmed Mohammed Haji official Chamber of political relations movement «that all options will be open if approved Barzani to extend its mandate, including recourse to the Federal Court in Baghdad », as confirmed Abu Bakr Hldni a member of the Islamic Union« that the opposition will resort to the United Nations and the European Union to make a complaint to them in the event insisted Barzani to extend his mandate for it is so I would have to break the law.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2ZGl2a6HV

AND

BREAKING NEWS Barazani: After consultations, I decided not to refuse extending my Presidency term

16/07/2013 20:10:00

Erbil (NINA) – President of Kurdistan Region, Massoud Barazani, said that he has decided not to refuse extending his Presidency term.

In an address on Tuesday evening, July 16, Barazani said that after having consulted with most Kurdish political forces he has decided not to reject the law extending his Presidency, but that does not mean he supports the law; therefore, he did not sign it.

Barazani added that in respect to the Parliamentary majority, he has decided to temporary carry on the duties, until the Kurdish Parliament meet in its Fourth Session; until a new mechanism is agreed on toward amending the Constitution toward adopting a mechanism to elect the Region's President.

https://www.ninanews.com/english/News...ar95_VQ=GIMGDF

AND

Kurdish opposition parties to meet to decide on join position toward extending Barazani's term
    16/07/2013 22:01:00

Erbil (NINA) – Coordination Committee of Kurdish opposition parties said that a meeting will be held during the week to agree on a joint position toward the Region's political developments.

In a statement to the press on Tuesday, July 16, member of the Committee from the Islamic Group, Tawfiq Sinqawi, said that the opposition is to discuss the stance toward the decision of the Region's President to extend his tenure for two more years.

Earlier in the day, Barazani announced that he is not rejecting a law extending his tuner for two more years, but his is not ratifying it, which makes the law operative as from Wednesday, July 17.

https://www.ninanews.com/english/News...ar95_VQ=GIMGDK

AND

*** THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE IS REPEATED FROM EARLIER THIS MONTH FOR SOME PERSPECTIVE ON THE SUPPORT FOR BARZANI IN THIS EXTRAORDINARY ACTION AND ARGUABLY ULTRA VIRES LEGISLATION ***
    Last edited by magnetlady; 07-17-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Modify the salaries of "internal security" and otherwise "political prisoners" and blocs postpone the election law

 Baghdad / Iyad al-Tamimi

House of Representatives voted on Tuesday, an amendment to the law ISF service would give victims of terrorism after the 2003 pensions of up to 100%, while the law equated between civil servants and their military counterparts in the Ministry of Defence.

And caused the dispute between the deputies of the National Alliance and the Kurdistan to raise the amendment of the law of political prisoners Foundation agenda. The National Alliance demanded inclusion the Rafha camp privileges takers political prisoners during the former regime, while called Kurdistan that includes the amendment Anfal victims who have stayed in refugee camps in neighboring countries.

The session saw the House of Representatives to end the first reading and the second of five laws, including the first reading of each of the Cooperation Agreement between the Governments of the Republic of Iraq and Saudi Arabia, and the law of accession of the Republic of Iraq to the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety, and the law of accession of the Republic of Iraq to the Convention on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use conventional weapons, as well as to continue reading a bill exempting Iraqi and foreign companies implementing investment projects from taxes and fees.

The session saw the second reading of the proposed law of the Federation Council, along with the decision of the Presidency the first reading of the proposed law amending the Law of the House of Representatives elections.

The MP said the governor Zamili, a member of the Security and Defense Committee that the parliamentary "Adoption of the Amendment Act and retired service ISF will give pension to the victims of terrorism in the interior 100%, equal to civil servants with their colleagues in the military and Department of Defense."

He Zamili, in a press conference held in the parliament building and attended the "long" yesterday, saying, "The adoption of the law do justice to an important segment and a big victims of the terrorist operations to employees of the Ministry of Interior where he was granted pension 100% of the martyrs and the wounded."

He Zamili "as the letter of the law on civil servants equality with their peers in the Defense Ministry," and added "Adoption of the law, a significant achievement for the wounded and the families of the martyrs who were victims of terrorism in the Interior Ministry and other ministries."

He explained, "will be awarded a total salary of the martyrs and the wounded with all provisions nominal salary of 100% and there are no reductions of the total salary."

In the same context, attributed MP Abbas al-Bayati, a member of the other in the security and defense committee, infinite law, including after 2003 that "the employees of the Internal Security pre-2003 enjoy salaried pension and they have a law that regulates their privileges over the past years," he said, in a statement to the "long "saying that" the law is a tribute to the families of the martyrs, "revealing" a group of laws that Stncef the rest of the slides and especially those who belong to the security services. "

The session witnessed asked amending the Law Foundation of political prisoners, but his argument between two deputies of the National Alliance and the Kurdistan to the lifting of the law from the agenda.

At a press conference followed the morning session, MP on the Keywords, leader of the coalition of state law, saying, "We will support and stand with the new amendment to the Law Foundation of political prisoners," adding that "the amendment will have takers Rafha to political prisoners in terms of benefits and all the capabilities and competencies available" , stressing that "the rights that are given to political prisoners will be given to Rafha takers".

On the subject of argument between the deputies of the National Alliance and the Kurdistan on the Law of the prisoners, said MP from the bloc to change Sardar Abdullah said "the Kurds do not object to the inclusion of prisoners Rafha privileges of political prisoners, but we demand that the prisoners of the Kurdistan region who have been subjected to arrests by the regime of Saddam same privileges . "

Abdullah said, in a statement to the "long" yesterday, saying that "the National Alliance rejected the inclusion of other segments much like Rafha prisoners like those who fled in 1988 because of the Anfal operations and were forced to resort to Turkey."

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2ZGmd6j5h
    Last edited by magnetlady; 07-17-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Diyala .. Miniature Iraq in sectarian and ethnic diversity

Baghdad: Al-Sharq Al-Awsat

Constitute Diyala province, which is located in the eastern part of central Iraq, ethnically diverse and ideologically, making it the second largest province of mixed and disputed after Kirkuk, «a microcosm Iraq». As she is famous in the past citrus fruits and even launched its capital Baquba, «City oranges», they and after the American occupation of Iraq in 2003 turned out to be one of the hottest areas in Iraq.

And Diyala provinces that have an international border where Iran is bordered on the east. The Iraqi provinces; Fathdha the north province of Sulaymaniyah and part of the province of Salahuddin, while the West is bordered to the governorates of Baghdad and Salah al-Din, and southern Wasit province. Diyala was called in the two Abbasid and Ottoman by Khorasan. The Diyala River is the main river in the province, which was formerly known as' Syriac ». And has a population of about a million and a quarter of a million people. The population varies between Sunnis and Shiites and Kurds, including Kurds الفيليون. The Khanaqin, a predominantly Kurdish disputed areas subject to Article «140» of the Iraqi Constitution.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2ZGnE84aj

AND

Efforts to prevent sliding of Diyala province to the Civil War

Baghdad: Hamza Mustafa
    A large number of those targeted by armed groups to mosques and Shiite mosques, cafes, markets and checkpoints car bomb or improvised explosive lenses, the belts ناسفين targeted the houses of mourning Shiites in Muqdadiya's Diyala province (50 km northwest of Baghdad) succeeded in raising the level of sectarian violence again in this maintain mixed.

Levels of sectarian violence amounted to a displacement of the villages populated the entire South Miqdadiya, which led the Ministry of Displacement and Migration in Iraq to be accelerated to give each family displaced an amount of half a million Iraqi dinars, which brings to mind the displacement of sectarian, ethnic and exodus during the years 2005 - 2008 in Iraq.

While he was expected to discuss the Iraqi parliament yesterday a special report of the committee of members of parliament for the province of Diyala, who had visited the area targeted by armed groups, which has seen some of the villages affiliate of displacement, the MP for the existing Iraqi province of Diyala Nahida Daini announced collected signatures of the House of Representatives to discuss the security situation in the province. She said in a press conference held by the parliament building yesterday «We are afraid of civil war in Diyala against the backdrop of repeated security breaches taking place in the province. And demanded the government to «quick solutions that will limit the risk of terrorism in the province.

The spark violence in Diyala launched about two weeks ago when two suicide bombings targeted with explosive belts and consolation Hussienieh councils in the district of Muqdadiyah the mainly Shiite from the tribe of Bani Tamim which led to get a reaction took sectarian dimension when it was raided a Sunni villages near the judiciary. In addition to the arrests has received a wave of displacement security services accused of involvement in it.

For his part, governor of Diyala province age Humairi in a statement to Asharq Al-Awsat that the «situation in Diyala concern us have already warned of serious repercussions on civil peace in this province, which is a miniature Iraq, which made it a target for terrorists and armed groups». He Humairi that «there is unfortunately a look inadequate and tone as long as we hear that there is targeted to a particular component in the province (in reference to the component Shiite), while it is not even say it offers a service life of the terrorists who really want access to the fabric of society and vandalized while terrorism does not target component without the other, but has the ability to maneuver and tactic and this is the responsibility of the security services that they must address this imbalance plans and new methods.

The Humairi explained that «Diyala province small and that any process you get which catch the eye so keen armed groups from al-Qaeda and armed militias to be taken as a flabby belly to achieve its objectives. In response to a question regarding the actions that have been taken in coordination with security agencies said Humairi «We have a lot of action by the clergy and elders and parents, but I want to say that the decision to security sources, exactly where I do not have the authority to transfer a policeman from one place to another».

The governor of Diyala province considered that «good security plans, but the level of implementation is good. He warned «reactions emotional» saying «The suicide here or there can not lead to collective punishment of more than 150 villages have been outsource entirely, while required from the competent organs Find terrorist does not punish the innocent something that continues at this pace, things will become increasingly worse ». He criticized Humairi parliament and the government together, saying, «They come and they go and discuss but the result is nothing but that there are those who wants to raise his stock electoral and political through this crisis», adding that «things now we can say about it under control efforts of the people of the province who are beginning to realize the seriousness of what they are it at the present time. And at the same level, said Sami al-Khazraji head of the Awakening in Diyala province, told «Middle East» that «the situation began to return to normal slowly in spite of all what happened, which led to the worsening of the situation seriously. He added that «What we need now is calm and not escalation by this or that party», calling «politicians and parliamentarians to help by urging people to calm down, which we're working on now Ksahoat and tribal elders and clerics, and in coordination with the security services in order to return the situation to be placed natural and re families that have been harder, pointing out that «Awakening now borne by gravity even though they do not receive the required support.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2ZGnhmrWB
    Last edited by magnetlady; 07-17-2013 at 11:57 AM.

*** I AM IMAGINING HAKIM AS THE " BAG MAN " DELIVERING 11 BILLION DOLLARS TO KUWAIT DURING HIS VISIT YESTERDAY ***

Hakim discusses with former Kuwaiti Speaker, mutual updates
    Tuesday, 16 July 2013 23:36

Baghdad (AIN) –The head of the Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council, Ammar al-Hakim, discussed with the former Kuwaiti Speaker Sheikh, Jasim al-Khurafi, the latest developments in the Iraqi-Kuwaiti relations.

A statement by the SIIC received by AIN cited "While visiting Kuwait and meeting the Kuwaiti officials, Hakim met with Khurafi where they discussed the latest development in the bilateral relations."

"The two sides have also discussed the regional updates," the statement concluded.

https://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index....tical&Itemid=2

AND

Hakeem reviews Iraq-Kuwait relations with Kuwait's former Speaker
    16/07/2013 22:43:00

Baghdad (NINA) – Leader of the Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council (SIIC), Ammar al-Hakeem, reviewed with Kuwait's former Speaker of Parliament, Sheikh Jasim al-Khorafi, development of Iraq-Kuwait relations.

A statement issued on Tuesday, July 16, by the SIIC said that within the frame of his visit to Kuwait, Hakeem met with former Speaker of Kuwait's Parliament, Sheikh Jasimal-Khorafi, during which the two reviewed developments of Iraq-Kuwait relations.

It added that the two reviewed also the political situation in the area.

On Monday, Hakeem met with the Emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmed al-Jabir al-Sabah, and Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmed al-Jabir al-Sabah, each separately, according to the Kuwait News Agency (KUNA).

https://www.ninanews.com/english/News...ar95_VQ=GIMGED
    Last edited by magnetlady; 07-17-2013 at 12:46 PM.

*** GOOD ARTICLE FROM YESTERDAY WORTH REPEATING I THINK ***

Iraqi Politicians Push
    For More Power to Provinces

By: Mushreq Abbas for Al-Monitor Iraq Pulse Posted on July 16.

The Iraqi parliament’s passage on June 23 of the Provincial Powers Law, which bolsters decentralization and gives local governments added authority, encouraged politicians to demand that the Federation Council Law be revived in a bid to further strengthen decentralization.

Summary :
    The Iraqi parliament’s passing of the Provincial Powers Law has led to calls for the establishment of the Federation Council, which would further decentralize power as stipulated in the 2005 constitution.
    Original Title:
    Renewed Impetus in Iraq for the Establishment of the Long Awaited Federation Council
    Author: Mushreq Abbas
    Translated by: Kamal Fayad

Categories : Originals Iraq

The 2005 Iraqi constitution states in Article 65 that “a legislative council shall be established named the ‘Federation Council’ to include representatives from the regions and the governorates that are not organized in a region. A law, enacted by a two-thirds majority of the members of the Council of Representatives, shall regulate the Federation Council formation, its membership conditions, its competencies and all that is connected with it.” The council has not yet seen the light of day, despite the parliament submitting a draft law to organize it in 2009.

The importance of the Federation Council lies in its function as a permanent overseer of relations between the central government and the governments of the regions and provinces. The Federation Council’s powers were the subject of disagreements that hindered the adoption of this earlier version of the law. Penned by the parliamentary Provinces Committee, it gave the council powers in keeping with the developments that followed the adoption of the Provinces Law.

On July 8, Nabil Harbo, a member of the Provinces Committee, stated, “The council’s powers lie in its capacity to monitor all pieces of legislation adopted by parliament. It also has the power to veto any decisions aimed at diminishing the authority of provinces. The council will filter out all laws adopted by parliament, and has the authority to either pass those laws or reject them.”

This view of the council’s powers is clearly representative of the parties that favor decentralization. They consider it an additional safety valve safeguarding the authorities that regions and provinces have gained of late. It is a vision undoubtedly crystallizing and expanding to include most of Iraq’s political spectrum, thus leading to the resurgence of demands for the formation of a new council.

The parliamentary Committee on Legal Affairs has confirmed that the current disputes surrounding the Federation Council merely involve procedural matters and formalities, such as the number of representatives allowed from each province and the quota of women and minorities on the council.

In a statement to Al-Monitor, Latif Mustafa, a member of the Committee on Legal Affairs, revealed, “Iraq’s 18 provinces will each have four representatives, with the exception of the capital, which some people are saying should be represented by more than four.” He also mentioned the demand for quotas for women and minorities.

These demands are not fundamental ones, which means that the draft law has a good chance of being adopted by year’s end, giving Iraqi provinces the representative capacity needed to review federal laws that affect their well-being and to propose laws that safeguard their interests.

As noted, the constitution stipulates that passing the Federation Council Law requires a two-thirds parliamentary majority. This type of majority is also required when electing a new president. By setting this condition, Iraqi legislators sought to give the Federation Council added national importance, while making it a rallying point around which the main political forces agree. This condition and the difficulty in achieving it have been the main issues hindering progress in adopting the law until now.

On Feb. 1, 2012, the United Nations called on Iraq to establish the Federation Council as an ancillary to parliament, for “this body would include representatives of regions and provinces, and would therefore complement the House of Representatives, which represents the Iraqi people. The council’s powers are expected to include reviewing laws passed by parliament, in addition to other duties ascribed to it by the pertinent law.”

Mushreq Abbas is a contributing writer for Al-Monitor’s Iraq Pulse. He has been managing editor of Al-Hayat’s Iraq bureau since 2005 and has written studies and articles on Iraqi crises for domestic and international publication.

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/orig...#ixzz2ZGuLeSKc
    Last edited by magnetlady; 07-17-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Kurdistan Alliance: Shahristani provokes crises to cover up his failure to solve the problem of electricity and Maliki call for his dismissal

Range Press / Baghdad

Attacked the Kurdistan Alliance, on Wednesday, strongly Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Affairs Hussain al-Shahristani against the backdrop of his statements about the smuggling of oil from the Kurdistan region, and stressed that "there is no guardian on Iraq has the eligibility to act in the fortunes of the Iraqi people," and pointed out that al-Shahristani "يفتعل crises to cover failing to solve the problem of electricity, "he said, calling the Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to" sacked because of failures in seven years. "

The leader of the Kurdistan Alliance bloc, Farhad Alaterci at a press conference the parliament building, today, attended (range Press), said that "there are statements launched a few days ago the Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Affairs Hussain al-Shahristani on the smuggling of oil from the Kurdistan region," noting that " Iraq belongs to everyone and does not belong to a national or person as Kurdistan and the Kurdish people are part of this country. "

He stressed Alaterci that "the wealth of the country belongs to all the Iraqi people and there is no guardian of this country has the eligibility to dispose of this wealth", accusing al-Shahristani as "fabricating crises to cover up its failure in the case of electricity, which has become intractable despite the exchange billions of dollars in it."

He Alaterci "If there really smuggling of oil from the Kurdistan region Why traveled Shahristani to the United States to persuade them to invest in the southern fields," and wondered "how to deal with companies smuggling oil from the region," criticizing al-Shahristani, because it "deals with companies steal the oil of the Iraqi people."

And the leader of the Kurdistan Alliance that "al-Shahristani wants to take us back to the central abhorrent that will never come back," but he also said, "We were hoping him to address the existing problems in the oil sector, including corruption and reduce oil production and the problems facing the oil fields in the testimony of international experts."

He called Alaterci Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to "take action acceptable right-Shahristani, who failed more than seven years in solving the problem of electricity," noting, "We always listen to the statements issued and talk that he will be electricity in 2013," and urged Maliki to "dismiss Shahristani" .

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2ZIlBKWi2
    Last edited by magnetlady; 07-17-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Kurdistan criticizing the new Shahristani's remarks: the palm of تهديداتك and leave the joint committees accomplish their tasks

Twilight News

Demanded the Kurdistan Alliance, Wednesday, Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Affairs Hussain al-Shahristani to "desist" from his threats to foreign companies oil operating in the region and the accusations of the province oil smuggling, calling on him to make way for joint committees recently formed to accomplish its work, including the consensus on oil and gas law.

The Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Affairs Hussain al-Shahristani has said in press statements that the oil contracts concluded by the Kurdistan region with foreign companies are illegal and point the existence of cases of oil smuggling across the borders of the province.

A spokesman for the pro-Tayeb bloc's "Twilight News", "Shahristani give a chance for talks to succeed, not to poison the atmosphere">

He pointed out that the statements of al-Shahristani is not on time and on everyone to support the talks and not to resort to threats and accusations.

And that the Iraqi people and Kurdish people "استبشروا the good" mutual visits by prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and Kurdistan Region Massoud Barzani, with a view to resolving the outstanding issues between the parties and through joint committees.

The oil extracted from fields in the Kurdistan Region convey to world markets via a pipeline Kirkuk - Ceyhan, which is controlled by Baghdad to Turkey, but the Kurdish exports via that route stopped last year because of a dispute over oil payments.

This dilemma between Baghdad and Erbil, a major obstacle in the plans developed by the two sides to develop oil fields discovered and other exploration during the next few years.

Baghdad says it is the sole owner of the right in the management of the country's oil wealth through the conclusion of contracts and export crude, but the province of Kurdistan rejects it confirms that the Iraqi constitution allows him oil contracts.

Kurdistan was able to attract giant companies to work in his fields, including Exxon Mobil, Chevron Americas, France's Total and Russia's Gazprom despite warnings from Baghdad.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2ZIluBFOb
    Last edited by magnetlady; 07-17-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Welcome international participation of Iraq in the Arab Banking Summit
    17/07/2013 12:00 AM

Is the first after a hiatus of 20 years
    BAGHDAD - Hussein ثغب of Tamimi

Met with Iraq's participation the first after a hiatus of more than two decades in the Arab Banking Summit, which was held in Vienna recently welcomed internationally wide, and it was the arguments of Iraq's great resonance among the participants in the summit, where he was raising the issue of good governance in light of economic and financial developments rapidly taking place the world. Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks and Sam Hassan Fattouh said in his speech at the conference: that Iraq's contribution to the summit has achieved the goals and aspirations that we all aspire to elevate the Arab banking sector. And we found in the research presented by the banking expert, Dr. Sadik Rashid Al Shammari treatments for the fundamental problems affecting the Arab banking sector in light of the developments taking place in the world economically and financially.

Restore balance to the economy
    He added that the summit focused on the role of the Arab banking sector in building civil capacity and meet the challenges phase of post-conflict, also stood top at a detailed prospects for partnership between the public and private sectors to restore balance to the economy in the post-conflict and that explained the importance of building institutions capable of crisis management and move to Economic growth phase effective.
    In an interview the morning with economic d. Sadiq Rashid Al Shammari after returning from the summit within the Iraqi delegation to the summit said: that of the summit witnessed the first Iraqi bank search for more than 20 years and received the attention of all the participants who discussed the mechanics of governance of banks in restoring balance to the Arab economies.

Financial disclosure

He Shammari said: that the research has focused on the importance of the work of banks and financial institutions in order to restore the economic balance of economic sectors, and that governance is more necessary than to be an obligation imposed by regulators as a fantasy strategic her., And pointed out that governance without activating the principles and standards do not mean anything It thus becomes effort well spent where it should comply with standards of international banking, including capital adequacy standards and financial disclosure and transparency, the financial statements of banks and a strategic plan for the development of the technology used in the banking system, according to the capabilities available and linking banks and the restructuring of the banking sector and improve mechanisms for internal and external oversight and methods of accounting in order to contribute to the development control methods and the promotion of transparency and disclosure.

Banks strategy

He said the infrastructure development of the banking sector based on special programs for the training and development of senior leadership where in relation to Palmmazjh and linking the concept of governance and mechanisms through the establishment of training courses and development vehicle to raise awareness of accountants to the basic concepts of governance, managers and members of the Board of Directors in the capacity building of civil able to meet the challenges of post-conflict .

Here we must emphasize the importance of orientation strategic to the members of the Board of Directors and executive departments they have the right to formulate and success of the strategy the bank and its activation by moving away from the formal system aggravated bureaucracy at work and give the flexibility appropriate according to the method of work and thus contributing to the development of work and outstanding performance and meet the challenges in the environment external and internal.

Focus on Training

He stressed Shammari the importance of the use of quantitative methods and programs to learn how to use sources of banks and where lies the weaknesses and strengths to facilitate the investment of resources as required and through the use of technology and focus on training to develop the skills of workers in banks, so as to enhance civilian capacity in building the economies of advanced, as well as work on investing in profitable projects and short-range and long guarantees for banks liquidity necessary for the functioning actively work through the cash flow for these projects.

And that because of the rapid developments in the field of the banks it should study and continuous follow-up of international organizations and local and regional Basel Committee commitment Bmaaber and governance mechanisms issued by banks such organizations as an important step in regulating the banks and financial institutions.

Existing resources

He Shammari need to growing interest in some financial indicators in order to not lose the confidence of the customer some private banks and try to go about existing resources have including investment cash is located has projects in low-risk and high short-term in order to be a role high revenue from these projects in order to fulfill its obligations to depositors .

The future of the international economy

He stressed the importance of encouraging banks to offer new products and foreign currency using currency deposits mentioned available to them through the development of a future plan to achieve the merger between private sector banks to set up banking units large size can build advanced capabilities of the banking business domestically and internationally, through the adoption of a plan intensive to develop the performance of employees and members of the Board of Directors of the Bank through courses organized by the training centers depending on local expertise and the use of lecturers from abroad to keep abreast with what is happening in the world of economic developments and the serious financial and fast has profoundly affected the economies of many as I explained it casts a deep concern for the future the international economy in general, and particularly the Arab economy after the global economy turned into a small village rival parties due to technical developments and informatics.

He concluded Shammari his speech by saying Based on the foregoing, the developments and changes and reflections on globalization effects and wide on the banking sector in the countries of the world, including the Arab countries, especially regarding trends growing towards deregulation and the removal of obstacles legislative and regulatory prevent the expansion of these institutions in various activities especially in the global framework of the Convention on Trade in Services, which imposed a number of obligations on States in this regard.

https://translate.google.com/translat...x%3FID%3D50317
    Last edited by magnetlady; 07-17-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Legal Committee: draft submitted to the Presidency of the parliament settled for the open-list system

Baghdad (news)

A member of the Legal Committee Mahmoud Hassan, said the draft, which was submitted to the Presidency of the Council of Representatives settled for the open-list system.

Hassan said in a statement received by the Agency (news) copy of it: that there are some blocs tried to talk about the closed-list system so as to achieve the interests of narrow partisan and the Nile from the other parties, noting that most of the political blocs in the parliament rejects labor system tall closed.

And Hassan said: The postponement of the first reading of the amendment to the election law next Thursday came to the non-completion of discussions about the law by the Legal Committee, noting that the Presidency of the Council of Representatives has ordered the Legal Committee that meets to complete the discussions, which are essential.

https://translate.googleusercontent.c...#ixzz2ZImsUo2t
    Last edited by magnetlady; 07-17-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Saleh appearance: Iraq can be classified as credit through government bonds
    17/07/2013 12:00 AM

Warned of the dangers of global non-existence
    Baghdad - Mostafa Hashemi

The presence of a credit rating of any country in the world better than the non-existence because it gives the degree adopted by the countries of the world to assess the country's economy for the purpose of investment and economic activities and other business.

And saw the financial and banking expert d. The appearance of Mohammed Saleh, it is possible a credit rating of the country through bonds sold in global markets because the presence of credit rating, though low, is better than no rating mainly because there is no rating confirms that the country is a threat to all countries in the world.

And is rated the world's credit ladder classification consists of 4 grades are A, B, C and D as well as variables that represent signal + or - and Petkrarat different. Saleh said in a statement to the (morning) that he must begin Iraq is now negotiating for the purpose Ranked credit.

And launched the first round of the Conference of Finance and Commerce in June of last year, the presence of the representative of the U.S. Department of Commerce Cameron F. Kerry, in addition to economic circles in Iraq, it was agreed during which Iraq to encourage investors to come to Iraq and classification of credit to be able to give credit for foreign investors, as well as importance of Iraq that goes on in this category in order to give guarantees in investment opportunities and confidence to recover their capital.

The Fitch or Fitch classifies countries credit is an international institution recognized worldwide and is a subsidiary wholly owned by Hearst, which has in April 2012 to increase its stake in Fitch Group to 50 percent, which is one of three companies rated a major addition to Standard & Poor's and Moody's, the company has been founded by John Knowles Fitch in late 1913 in New York City as the Fitch Publishing, merged with IBCA Co., Ltd. is based in London in December 1997.

Saleh pointed out that although the negotiations began last year, but the Chapter VII represented the main obstacle in failing to give him credit rating as the country poses a threat to international peace and security.

He noted that Iraq is now out of Chapter VII of the UN Charter and moved to Chapter VI of it, which means it is now no longer poses a threat but on the contrary, he entered the phase of peace and development, noting that the credit rating not yet been determined, but - as I believe - in B-class and this is a good indicator

He explained that the rating is through the public debt and the issuance of treasury transfers or government bonds, particularly in international markets, or those bonds that are sold outside of Iraq except for support and one Qaeidah Iraq in return for private-sector debt under the Paris Club agreement. Added when sold bonds then sold at about 60 cents, then rose discount of up to 90 cents, and in this case became as if Iraq automatically rated among the countries that have rated within Class B-giving Iraq a good indicator in the presence of Chapter VII.

He stressed that Iraq would emerge from Chapter VII and the entry of foreign companies, in addition to the presence of high liquidity and political stability and the presence of the oil wealth, are all factors that will raise the credit rating of the degree of Iraq.

https://translate.google.com/translat...x%3FID%3D50315
    Last edited by magnetlady; 07-17-2013 at 02:09 PM.