Iraqi Official: This April, Kuwait is anticipated to sign Iraq out of Chapter VII
Posted: March 19, 2013 in Iraq: Chapter VII, Iraqi Dinar/Politics
Tags: Baghdad, Chapter VII, Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter, Government, Invasion of Kuwait, Iraq, Iraqi Airways, kuwait
Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 07: 44 | |
The Government expects the Iraqi Prime Ministerís visit during the month of April, the Iraqi official said that the visit signed out Iraq from Chapter VII.
Said Fouad aldorki, a member of Parliament of the State of law coalition that Sheikh Jaber Kuwaiti Prime Minister is expected to visit the capital Baghdad during April next, to examine the output file from Chapter VII and Iraq sign an agreement to resolve.
He said the Government would discuss with Kuwait on visit, ending border problems and oil extraction, stipulated and Kuwaiti ports of Mubarak the great South, Basra Iraq, referring to attempts to economic agreements and investment projects could be exercised by Kuwait within Iraq.
The Attorney pointed out that Iraq and Kuwait to discuss the dangers of Al-Qaida or inspired by crossing in Arabic area, try scaled and under conventions combine more than one Arab country to cope with the tide of terrorism and religious extremism.
Kuwaitís Ambassador to Iraq on Tuesday hinted, in a press statement that Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak will pay a visit to Iraq next April, adding that the visit will be productive and operational, will be the signing of the memorandums of understanding and agreements.
Noted that Kuwait paid Iraq $ 500 million to settle the file of Iraqi Airways, recently began ending the demarcation, determined to eject himself from Chapter VII, which occurred beneath it in the 1990s due to invasion of Kuwait with a view to its occupation by the former regime.
Iraqi source: Arbil meeting yesterday failed to agree on replacing Maliki
02/17/2013 - 11:31 AM |
A source in the Iraqi List, on Sunday for the failure of a number of leaders of political blocs to agree on the replacement of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki during a meeting held on Saturday evening in the province of Kurdistan.
The source said that "the meeting held yesterday evening in Erbil between Kurdistan leader Massoud Barzani and the Iraqi leader Iyad Allawi and President of the Conference of Iraq, Ahmad Chalabi, a representative of the Sadrist movement [unidentified] did not reach agreement on replacing Maliki Chalabi and topic is still under discussion them and will be completed in the new meeting them today. "
He said the "most prominent reasons for not party agreement meeting in Erbil due to lack of approval of the Supreme Islamic to provide candidate has succeeding owners," adding that "yesterday's meeting was limited to the issue of replacement of the prime minister and Sacetkmlon their discussions today while out agreement final."
The political source revealed on Saturday that the President of the Kurdistan region Massoud Barzani held a meeting in Erbil with the leader of the Iraqi List, Iyad Allawi and Iraqi Congress leader Ahmad Chalabi, and a representative of the Sadrists [unidentified] to discuss the option of replacing Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.
There was no of any party to the meeting any clarification or details about the meeting is that a statement of Kurdistan today said Barzani intends to launch an initiative to hold a meeting of the political blocs in Arbil to resolve the crisis and after 3 days of meeting Barzani U.S. ambassador who called Barzani to launch such initiative to solve the crisis.
Iraq has multiple political crises and an exchange of accusations between the blocks amid continued demonstrations in a number of provinces weeks ago calling for the demands of several notably the adoption of a general amnesty and the abolition of the law of the Justice and Accountability previously de-Baathification] and others.
The some political blocs, notably the Kurdistan Alliance and the Iraqi List and the Sadrists had tried last year 2012 work on the withdrawal of confidence from Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and the nomination of a replacement of the National Alliance in the meetings that I knew the two meetings of Erbil, Najaf but failed to get enough votes to pass the project in House of Representatives
DISTRIBUTION OF ($) BUDGET SURPLUS TO >7 MILLION AT END OF JUNE ..................
MARCH 18, 2013BAGHDAD
revealed parliamentary Finance Committee on the distribution of surplus oil revenue end of next June for more than 7 million people of a slice of the poor and destitute. said committee member Abdul Hussein al-Yasiri (time) yesterday that he (was agreement when approving the budget this year to distribute 25 percent of the oil revenue surplus to slice the poor).
pointing out that the (distribution will be through the ration card for citizens where conducted by the Ministry of Planning counted and included more than 7 million people grant).
stressing that (the surplus of revenues clear from now, especially since the price of a barrel of oil reached $ 111 while the appreciation of the $ 90 per barrel as the statements of those responsible for oil production declared more than once that there is a clear increase in oil production).
adding that (distribution amounts will be at the end of half The first of the year ie in the month of June where it will be surplus oil revenues and clear as well as at the end of the year any form two batches), noting that (families covered by grants will be of which receive salaries from the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs as well as the existing ration cards and not withdrawn them they receive salaries below one million dinars), he said.
and on the amounts that will be distributed among citizens Yasseri said he (can not at present only be determined after the first six months of the current year to be surplus then clear).
Iraqiya MP rules out attending the Ministers of Iraqiya and Kurdistan to Cabinet today.
BAGHDAD / NINA / MP, of the Iraqiya coalition, Wahda al- Jumaili ruled out the presence of the ministers of the Iraqiya List and the Kurdistan Alliance to Cabinet meeting today. "
She said in a statement to the National Iraqi News Agency / NINA /: "The Kurds believe that the partnership does not come only through a national consensus, not by marginalize any component , and they shocked when their opinion was not taken in consideration in the budget and it was passed in their absences," noting that "this dispute is still stuck between the provincial government and the central government and this is what prevents their ministers to attend the meeting of the Council of Ministers today. "
She added: "The government has failed to meet the demands of the demonstrators and this is the reason that the ministers of the Iraqiya List boycotted the meetings of the Council of Ministers."
She noted that there is no problem if there is a majority government and a opposition like the rest of the developed countries," indicating that "if the ministers resigned and returned as MPs they will represent the opposition in the House of Representatives and they will be a largest supporter to the government and the demonstrators. "
The ministers of Iraqiya coalition boycotted the cabinet's meetings on January 8 in protest against the non-implementation of the government to the demands of the demonstrators while the ministers of Kurdistan Alliance were called to Irbil to consult with their leadership after approving the budget.
Urgent….Local elections postponed in Anbar, Nineveh for 6 months
Tuesday, 19 March 2013 13:11 | | |
Baghdad (AIN) -The Iraqi Council of Ministers postponed the local elections in two provinces for six months due to reasons related to the security situation in these provinces.
Reliable source at the CoM reported on Tuesday "The Iraqi Cabinet decided to postpone the next provincial elections that are scheduled to be launched in 20th, April, for six months in Nineveh and Anbar provinces due to the security situation experienced by the country."
Iraqi government confirms that the postponement of the elections is limited to the provinces of Nineveh and Anbar only
19-03-2013 | (Voice of Iraq)
Term Press / Baghdad
The Iraqi government announced on Tuesday that the Cabinet's decision to postpone local elections limited to provinces Alnbar and Nnewi only after Newsflash aired Iraqi government confirmed that the Council of Ministers decided to postpone the elections in all governorates of Iraq for six months.
A spokesman of the Information Office of the Council of Ministers said in an interview to the (long-Presse) that "the Council of Ministers decided in its regular, today, to postpone provincial elections in Nineveh and Anbar for six months earlier than scheduled because of turmoil in the المحافظتان," noting that "the Council He also emphasized that the elections in other provinces are on schedule 20 of next April. "
The source, who asked not to be named, said "the decision came at the request of the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces on the report of the committees away in the two provinces has been voted by the ministers present."
The source pointed out that "the meeting of the Council of Ministers missed by the Ministers of the Kurds for the second week in a row and Mase Iraqi except Electricity Minister Aftan Jumaili and Minister of State for Provincial Affairs Torhan Mufti."
The semi-official Iraqi satellite broadcast Braagela afternoon that the Council of Ministers decided to postpone local elections in all provinces in Iraq for six months earlier than scheduled, and at the request of the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces because of turmoil in the country.
The announcement comes postponement of provincial elections in the provinces of Nineveh and Anbar coincided with a series of bombings targeted a large number of neighborhoods of the capital Baghdad since this morning, killing and wounding 150 people in the initial outcome.
The Electoral Commission for elections confirmed in (March 17, 2013) it was waiting for the report of the Supreme Security Committee to decide to postpone local elections in the provinces of Nineveh and Anbar or conduct on time, and revealed the withdrawal of 14 candidates of local elections in the province of Nineveh and receive 1050 employee polling messages threatening بتصفيتهم in if continuing to work, and expressed concern about the security situation in the escalation of the province.
The witness Nineveh province, since the beginning of March current operations targeting organization affects candidates for the local elections as killed in the 14 of March 2013, a candidate for the elections from the list of construction and justice in Nineveh Khamisa Ahmed البجاري killed with her husband during their participation in the wedding party in a village south of Mosul (405 km north of Baghdad), to be third candidate for the elections have been killed in Mosul in less than a week, after the killing of Ahmed Saleh al-Sabawi candidate for the local elections next for list (Oum Rabiein national) pro-Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, (12/03/2013) attack was carried out by unidentified gunmen in a modern car on a neighborhood street sugar, east of Mosul, was killed the day before Bahgat Mustafa candidate for provincial elections (correction) an armed attack was carried out by unidentified upon leaving a mosque in the area Hermat, west of Mosul.
And announced the Electoral Commission in Iraq, on 14 March current, the failure of the Board of Commissioners to a final decision on the request for the Anbar Provincial Council on postponement of the elections in the province as likely to be announced the final decision this week, while stressing Chief Election Commissioner, former Adel al-Lami, in March 11, 2013, that "the decision to postpone the elections in any of the provinces is up at the end of the matter to Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki," noting that "al-Maliki is determined to hold elections or not in the Anbar province."
The Supreme Commission for Elections in Iraq announced, on 13 March current, received a letter from the Anbar provincial council demanded the postponement of the elections because of turmoil in the province.
Council decided Anbar province, on 11 March 2013, to postpone local elections in the province scheduled to take place on April 20 next in conjunction with other provinces except Kirkuk and the Kurdistan region of Iraq because of sit-ins taking place in the province after the assassination of two candidates most recently Chairman eliminate wet Muthana Kubaisi who assassinated on the tenth of this month, and Anbar Council confirmed that the decision to postpone the elections was voted on by members of the Council and has received a majority of votes, stressing that a formal letter sent to the Electoral Commission in order to Moaagafh Council's decision to postpone the elections to another date.
The decision by the Council of Anbar province is the first in the governorate where demonstrations since December 21, 2012, to modify the course of the political process and the abolition of legal accountability, justice and the fight against terrorism and drop Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.
She United Nations Mission in Iraq, the sixth of February 2013, expressed concern that constitute demonstrations condemning pursued a policy the government taking place in some provinces, "danger" to the upcoming local elections, while confirmed the election commission receiving the citizens of Nineveh and Salahuddin messages "threat invite them to boycott elections. "
While confirming the Electoral Commission for elections, on 17 February 2013, it has not been studied yet an option to postpone the elections expected next April, due to the continued sit-ins in Iraq, and acknowledged at the same time that the situation worrisome, pointing out that employees in some provinces are threatened.
The political entities and candidates for the upcoming provincial elections in Iraq, have begun since the second of March 2013, a race to publish pictures of election campaigning in the roads and squares to maintain, and in accordance with the deadline set by the Electoral Commission for a farewell.
Noteworthy that the Electoral Commission announced on the fourth of January 2013, the number of entities and coalitions that will participate in the upcoming local elections on the twentieth of April next reached 139 political entities, indicating that the number of candidates for the local elections of 8275 candidates.
Breaking News---The Cabinet holds its session without Kurds and Iraqiya ministers.
BAGHDAD / NINA / A source from al-Iraqiya coalition, said that the ministers of the Iraqiya and the Kurdistan Alliance did not attend the Cabinet meeting today 19, March.
The ministers of Iraqiya boycotted the cabinet's meetings on 8 January in protest against the non-implementation by the government to the demands of the demonstrators, while Ministers of Kurdistan were called to Irbil to consult with their leadership after approving the budget. /
Muhamadi describes Governmental efforts to satisfy KRG as “Useless”
Tuesday, 19 March 2013 09:16 | | |
Baghdad (AIN) –MP, Waleed al-Muhamadi, of the Iraqiya Slate described the efforts of the Central Government to satisfy the Kurdistani Regional Government as “Useless.”
He stated to AIN “The Governmental attempt to restore the Shiite-Kurdish alliance to neglect the Sunni side failed since Iraq will not be stable by excluding one of its communities and the Kurds know this.”
“This attempt comes because the Government is afraid of withdrawing confidence from it since Kurds represent an important part in the Iraqi political scene,” he added.
“This is also indicate the Governmental method of selectivity in treating problems where the Sunni provinces are demonstrating since three months without response from the Government but it speeds up its effort to attract the Kurds,” he stressed.
He called “The Government to avoid the exclusion, monopolization policy, the partial solutions for the crises and to respond to the demonstrators’ demands.”
" The recent passage of the annual budget by the Iraqi parliament. It is true that Maliki managed to collect enough votes for this to reach just above the critical 163 mark. However, he did this mainly by relying on sectarian support from the Sadrists and ensuring only a few secular and Sunni deputies who changed their mind in the last minute (reportedly from the Mutlak bloc of Iraqiyya as well as the Free Iraqiyya and White breakaway blocs of Iraqiyya). That does not send any strong signal about a viable parliamentary base for the Iraqi PM. " ( THE FOREGOING IS BGG'S TAKE ON THE BUDGET VOTE AS WELL )
" Conspiracy theories posit too much unity of purpose and rationality in modern bureaucracies. A theory of consistent Western ignorance, incompetence and bureaucratic madness seems much better fitted to understanding the complexities of the Iraq War and its casualties. Thankfully, these war arenít over: Neither Iraq nor I have been completely destroyed despite the onslaught by irrational Western governments. "
Urgent…. Iraqi Cabinet postpones local elections in Anbar, Nineveh to prevent terrorists from winning posts
Tuesday, 19 March 2013 13:24 | | |
Baghdad (AIN) -The Iraqi Council of Ministers announced that the decision of postponing the next local elections in Anbar and Nineveh provinces came to prevent the terrorists from ascending posts at the local councils as members or governors.
A statement by the CoM reported on Tuesday "The General Commander of the Armed Forces, the PM Nouri al-Maliki decided to postpone the provincial elections for six months in Anbar and Nineveh due to the unstable security situation in these two provinces and to prevent the terrorists from wining posts as local officials and governors."
De-Baathification in the Iraqi Provincial Elections by Governorate and Political Entity
Posted by Reidar Visser on Sunday, 10 March 2013 21:54
" Of course, this yearís de-Baathification purge comes against the backdrop of the big controversy relating to Midhat al-Mahmud, the supreme court chief. Mahmud was recently himself subjected to de-Baathification, although the de-Baathification appeals board subsequently approved his appeal and reinstated him, saying they found no trace of any connection to the Baath. That is somewhat hard to believe given Mahmudís elaborate CV of achievements in the judicial system of Iraq since the 1990s, but then again it would be an exaggeration to say that the de-Baathification law has been applied to the letter since it was passed in 2008. The political context of the reinstatement of Mahmud suggests the Sadrists caved in to Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in this case by letting the prime minister replace the Sadrist head of the de-Baathification board Ė and perhaps with the message that de-Baathification needs not be applied quite so strictly when it comes to Shiites. Recent Sadrist alignment with Maliki to get the budget passed despite the demands of the Kurds and the boycott of Iraqiyya is an indication of the same trend. Judge Midhat has quickly moved to reassert himself by sacking the court spokesperson and striking down a piece of legislation passed by the Iraqi parliament without consulting the government; the recent attempt to limit the term limits of the prime minister will likely suffer the same fate."
*** IT APPEARS THAT VISSER BELIEVES THAT THE TERM PRESIDENTS LAW WILL NOT SURVIVE AN APPEAL ***